Verity, A HealthStream Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Verity, A HealthStream Company CEO Michael Sousa
Michael Sousa
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Implementation Analyst

I have been working at Verity, A HealthStream Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Company Culture - Awesome team to work with - Room to grow

Cons

- Pay is lower than industry average

Verity, A HealthStream Company2019-09-06

"Exciting Company doing GREAT things!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Verity, A HealthStream Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting place to work with puppies in the office and intense ping pong matches (Louisville, CO office). Everyone in the company knows each other and management takes the time to really appreciate and get to know each individual including new hires! Verity is my family and I'm honestly happy to wake up and go to work every day. This company is growing quickly and there is much opportunity for career development and... personal growth. Coworkers, work environment and opportunity are all HUGE pluses that exist here!

Cons

Although working in the office is fun, I would love to have the ability to work from home a couple days a week if I wanted. Also, health benefits could be improved and it would be nice to have more PTO hours carry over into the next year.

Verity, A HealthStream Company2019-01-07

"Fun Place to Start, Not Stay"

I have been working at Verity, A HealthStream Company full-time

Pros

Generally fun and relatively relaxed work environment, along with a developing startup-vibe of company culture.

Cons

Lower than average pay, limited benefits. Minimal, old & outdated bonus structure company-wide

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-12-02

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

Collaborative environment, start-up feel with large parent company backing our efforts, engaged management, ping pong table, office yoga.

Cons

Nothing as of right now

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-10-29

"Great Opportunities for Growth, Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, CO

Pros

Autonomy Constant Change Great Leadership Transparency Growth Opportunities Values Employees

Cons

Still owned by Healthstream so has a bit of a corporate feel in certain areas.

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-08-09

"Best Job Ever"

I have been working at Verity, A HealthStream Company full-time

Pros

Company is results-driven. Lots of opportunity to succeed.

Cons

Very fast-paced. Not for an individual who doesn't want to work hard.

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-07-14

"Wonderful workplace with promotional opportunities"

Pros

Friendly, motivated and fun co-workers and incredibly supportive leadership and management team. Internal promotion opportunities abound if you are hard working and motivated. There are company events that are actually fun here and you want to go to because Verity hires good people you want to be around. Most jobs you can work remote some which really helps with work/life balance. Relaxed office environment and... casual dress code.

Cons

Benefits can and should be a little better than what they are-a little more PTO, a higher 401k match and this would make Verity have the whole package of a great place to work with excellent benefits!

Advice to Management

Consider a benefits review

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-07-06

"Best company ever"

Pros

I have worked for Healthstream for a couple years and applied for an internal position at Verity. This has been the best decision ever - I LOVE the culture, people, and products. I see myself working here for a very long time.

Cons

- Benefits aren't the best

Advice to Management

Management is fantastic here, as of now I don't have any advice! Just keep doing what you're doing!

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-06-25

"CVO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Verity, A HealthStream Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoyed working there but you are not recognized for who you are and what you do for the department.. And as for the Director and the manager of the department they favor certain employees. Too much favoritism is going on in this department. The company needs to have a policy regarding families work in the same department because that's what I see going on in this department. Hire their own families and friends... when the management knows he or she does not have experience for the job.

Cons

I wouldn't want to work in this department again

Advice to Management

I advised management to step up in your position and make the right decision and not depend on your right hand man.

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-07-11

"Lack of resources and poor leadership"

I worked at Verity, A HealthStream Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Corporate approach so there is pretty good internal support for hardware and software needs for employees. Benefits are decent (high deductible insurance, 401 w/ 1% match, standard PTO and others). Stable job, people were not being let go when I was there - just leaving in flocks. The people are great, willing to try and help for the most part.

Cons

You have 2 companies (Echo and Morrisey) that were both purchased by Healthstream. Then Healthstream decided to make a 3rd software (Verity), mainly out of the Echo back end. Since all the effort has been put towards Verity, support and implementation of Echo and Morrisey products has decreased. Customer service is severely lacking as many of the senior employees have left (including 2 VP's) and more are looking for... the door. In addition, those that are leaving are not being replaced. Customer complaints continue to rise resulting in the remaining employees having to travel and work extra to make up for the lack of product resources and knowledge. Really poor communication regarding the new software being rolled out (Verity). Most people who are going to implement it do not understand how it works at all, only a few developers and product managers have been introduced to it. At the same time, effort in maintaining the legacy products is bare-bones.

Advice to Management

You had two decent products and decided to disregard those and take a gamble on a third (new) product. Good luck. If I was a customer and you provided the horrid service I have seen, I would not think about continuing with any Verity products in the future.

Verity, A HealthStream Company2018-06-22