KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 5 years

Consumer Lending Processor

Jun 30, 2021 - Consumer Lending Processor in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, smaller company so better internal service

Cons

Low salary, small budget for internal projects from size of company

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok place to work

Sep 9, 2021 - Member Services Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to a lot of different dept

Cons

Managers often not available Talks about progressive values but company is underpaid Big barrier between frontline and office staff

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

verity cu

Apr 27, 2021 - Member Consultant II in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company, friendly coworkers and small FI

Cons

can be very stressful sometimes

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good intentions, okay work environment

Oct 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

HR department enthusiasm, company values

Cons

Variable implementation of company culture and values, depending what branch you work in

Training and Development Specialist

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience while working at Verity. Verity's organizational values help set the stage for our culture and our hope is that they resonate throughout the whole credit union. I'm happy to hear you felt connected to them during your time at Verity. As an organization, Verity is always looking for ways to improve. Over the years Verity has had a strong focus on diversity for our internal staff and this past year we’ve been able to make some great strides to becoming a more diverse organization through our recruiting and training efforts. Verity works hard to ensure the voices of all its employees are heard through anonymous surveys and quarterly visits from senior leadership throughout the year. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and provide valuable feedback.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Not For Profit

Jul 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Environment is really wonderful

Cons

Pay is hard to make ends meet

Training and Development Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience while working for Verity. As an organization, Verity strives to create a fun, engaging and meaningful work environment and it makes me happy to hear you had a similar experience. Over the course of a year, we have put a lot of resources into becoming a living wage employer allowing us to provide more opportunities and stability for our employees in the future. This is one example of how we have taken staff's feedback and put it into action. Thanks again for your feedback!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good comps t

Jul 17, 2020 - Member Service Representative in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, good opportunities to get involved in many aspects, managers value your opinion

Cons

Lower pay For the work, programs can be old and slow,

Director of HR & Training

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback. As an Organization, we strive to provide our staff with a great work environment as well as opportunities to learn and grow. We’ve built out development programs and other committees that allow staff to come together and connect in numerous ways. We’ve also welcomed aboard managers with years of experience who constantly strive to put others first. I know as an Organization there are ways we can improve. I'm happy to say we've put a lot of time, effort and resources into building out our compensation plan. We’ve increased pay to be competitive in the market, and will continue to make pay and overall compensation a priority. In addition, we have done several conversions and system upgrades such as our Digital Banking and Credit Card conversions, WireXchange, updating our instant issue system, etc. If you had specific system feedback or suggestions, I would encourage you to reach out to your manager, HR or an individual on the executive team to share. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and for providing such great feedback.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Membership consultant II

Apr 27, 2020 - Membership Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people Wonderful members Dedicated employees Happy environment

Cons

-a system upgrade would be nice! A lot of steps behind the scenes.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of HR & Training

Thank you for taking time to express what you enjoy about Verity and where you feel our biggest opportunities lay. It is our hope that every employee who works or has worked for us feels connected to our culture which is maintained by staff throughout the organization. I’m happy to hear you enjoy your work environment, your coworkers and our members. I also appreciate you mentioning our opportunity to enhance experiences through system upgrades. This is something Verity, specifically Operations Support, Project Management and IT have been working on. In the past several months many upgrades have been made including, but not limited to, a new dispute system, automating ACH, switching our instant issue vendor, and wirexchange. I’d encourage you to reach out to myself, or anyone on the HR team if there are specific enhances you are hoping for. Thank you for your recent review!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good team

Mar 10, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly culture, good teams who genuinely want to do good for the community.

Cons

Salary and expanded opportunities

Director of HR & Training

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Verity. We absolutely agree that our positive culture and commitment to promoting strong and vibrant communities is part of what makes this place special. As a smaller organization operating in Seattle, providing advancement opportunities and highly competitive salaries can be challenging. We are growing and have committed to becoming wage employer, so we hope this will provide more opportunities and stability for people in the future. Thanks again for your feedback!

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Honest Review From Previous Employee

Feb 14, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- General Culture: Overall, the company is great because the company wants nice people. Not the case in all departments but for the most part, everyone is pretty nice. - Company Size: I say this because due to the company being smaller, it's easy to get a hired and/or get promotions. - Values: Company is very progressive and has the desire to maintain this image to the public.

Cons

***This is my honest opinion and I was not fired from this company. I left on my own terms giving ample notice to the company*** - Management experience: Managers are commonly hired from outside the company or pre-maturely before they have proper training/experience mostly because either the company is in dire need of a manager and/or don't want to lose employees. Because of this, the experience for employees was a bit confusing and sometimes frustrating. Often times, employees are tasked with training their own managers and/or doing their job almost entirely. On another note, since most managers are underdeveloped and there is less accountability in hard skills, employees are often blamed for underperforming. There were times where my manager(s) didn't even know where to start or who to ask or where to look for an answer and then proceeded to tell me "that sounds like a great thing for you to look in to" and then proceeded to either text on their phone or talk to other branch employees. Overall, there is a general lack of performance in managers which in my opinion is the main cause for turnover and under performing which leads me to my next topic. - Turnover: With the continual loss of employees, there were often inefficiencies in employee knowledge and basic coverage which lead to many hardships in day to day work experience. For example, I left in 2019 and the department I left has almost a whole new team and this is true for many of the other branches and departments. - Computer Systems: In my experience, on an average day I would have upwards of 10 different applications running on my computer at any given time. I understand that this is a smaller company and probably does not have the budget for consolidating applications and streamlining process' but there really needs to be a deep dive in to simplifying process' for efficiency. Think smarter...not harder. - Pay: Once again, it is a smaller company so you can't really fault the business for this but it is a reality. On the bright side, if you're new to the industry or looking to get a promotion and leapfrog yourself to another higher paying company, this might be right for you. This was/is a commonly known thing across the company for those that were ambitious and wanting to grow in their career, life, and/or financially. - Training: Although there is an effort for better training, there is still a VERY large gap for training materials and training courses. When I was there, the same training that was given to tellers was the same training that loan processors/underwriters/managers/directors/executives were all given. Needless to say, if you weren't a teller then training was almost pointless. I understand that the trainer can't train for EVERY position but at least to have the resources for incoming employees rather than essentially having them figure it out on their own or getting a day or two of shadowing another coworker would be a good start.

Director of HR & Training

Thank you for taking the time to share what you enjoyed while working at Verity and expressing areas you feel we have opportunity to grow. Our goal is to create a positive experience for all employees working at Verity, and it’s clear there were areas in which we didn’t do that for you. For that I apologize. Over the last year, Verity has taken steps to enhance many of the areas you mentioned based on staff feedback and our last engagement survey. We've put resources into investing in our people, including providing them competitive pay and a more robust training in order to build staff acumen and competency. We’ve hired branch leaders with more experience and have put effort into improving our technology and systems utilized. I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope that your time with us prepared you for the next step in your career.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I truly LOVE Verity

Aug 17, 2019 - Human Resources in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Passion for community engagement, equity, and sustainability. Every day I see examples of Verity's commitment to their values, their members, and their communities. Employees are energetic and committed. The Executive team is accessible and they regularly share information about how we are doing and where we are going.

Cons

The parking at Northgate can be tough. The size can limit upward movement but there are always opportunities to learn, grow, and try new things. Great ability to move between departments

Director of HR & Training

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience working at Verity. We always love hearing both what people enjoy about our organization and culture, as well as the challenges our people experience working here. Your review is even more meaningful to me personally since you must be a member of my team! I'd love to have a conversation about what I can do to support your growth and engagement, as well as what we as an organization can do to help you be successful. Thank you for everything you do each and every day for our team. Your work is seen and appreciated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews