Verizon Wireless Reviews in Columbia, MD | Glassdoor

4.0
Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits offered (in 624 reviews)

• Great pay (a bit more for being bilingual) great benefits since day 1 (in 1597 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great company overall"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Verizon is an excellent company to work for. Everything you need to really stay on top of business is provided to you from day one. Also, there are all types of discounts and incentives for working there. They have tuition assistance that exceeds the national average. Again great institution to be part of.

Cons

Retail hours are hard to work around especially during the holidays. Also, if you are considering going to school full time then part time here is the best way to go.

"About to start with the company any pointers"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems to be great pay.

Cons

no available cons at this moment

3. "Verizon Wireless is one of the best companies I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, the training process is fantastic, and the people who work there are the best there are in the field. Almost everyone I met had a great attitude, but there was one common thread of everyone. That thread was dedication. I appreciated my time at Verizon Wireless very much.

Cons

A whole ton of metrics that you are graded on, instead of just focusing on several items you have a whole slew of metrics that you have to do good on. Store management never really seemed to be happy, always complaining after a big sale why certain metrics were not reached. Very high stress in the retail side, even managers complained about the pressures of success.

Advice to Management

Management did a great job at keeping everyone motivated. If you have the will to succeed, Verizon Wireless will launch you to new heights and Verizon does not cut costs on developing it's future leaders. I was amazed at how much importance that was placed on the employees, truly a fantastic place to work.

If you have a drive in sales and wish to make very good money you should take this job, you will not regret it.

Showing 3 of 8,280 reviews