Verizon Wireless Reviews in Manchester, NH | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits offered (in 656 reviews)

• Great pay (a bit more for being bilingual) great benefits since day 1 (in 1672 reviews)

1. "Solutions Specialist"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, store manager and benefits.

Cons

Constantly changing sales targets. Shotgun approach to sales targets. Unfair customer survey rating system that places more emphasis on customers overall feel about Verizon Wireless instead of the job the sales Rep did.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the basics of overall growth and retention. Don't get caught up with unrealistic goals for secondary targets

2. "Past Employement"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, NH

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people that I worked with that I am still friends with to this day.
    Job security as it is in a always growing field.

Cons

Overall, the business is more focused on money so there can be times where the customer is neglected.

Advice to Management

Management was always nice and supportive, only issues really involve the industry of cell phone related business and the continual struggle to be better than the rest.

3. "Will leave you emotionally flat"

Current Employee - Solution Specialist in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Solution Specialist in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits, 401k, pay, 50% off your phone bill, discounts.
    If you know how to work around a commission-based job then this is heaven for you.
    Training sessions were awesome.

Cons

Where can I start?
    Basically, really demanding when it comes to commissions. This job isn't for people who don't enjoy pushing products to customers or who barely have any experience working in sales. You work to make yourself money and put more money in the wallets of your higher ups. When it comes to this field, get ready to badger in people in making them get products that they really don't need. The company pushes the whole "Solutions for our customers" when in reality, they push numbers and accessories that seemingly "work" for the customer in order to make $$$$. I was told by my manager that if I want to make sales, I have to befriend people and recommend to them the best solutions to their cellular experience - as my manager stated "talk to them as if they are your friends." Keep in mind, that while you have that going on in the back of your head, you hear from customers how expensive the billing is, or how they can't afford a new case or a speaker - BUT YET! IT'S A PERFECT SOLUTION FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC or do WHATEVER it is for their phone even when customers tell you how they can't afford this stuff. The day also tends to get slow at some points of the day and then get extremely crowded through the rest of the time. This job is extremely fast-paced and constantly changing their sales goals, pricing, plans and offers. If your someone that isn't good with change or takes a long time to get used to the pace then this job is definitely not for you.

They suck you in, welcoming you for the first 2 months and then it gets extremely competitive. I've had my commission sales stolen from me, and you have to fight to get your pay. The whole culture of this company is extremely competitive and they praise those that make the sale and choke those that fail horribly. They care about customer experience, keep in mind that your pay is based on survey's from the customer. If you manage to screw up one detail of the whole transaction - waiting time, seemingly not having a enjoyable time or simply not recommending a case; then you get a low score from the customer.

Also, this impacts your life as well. I was told by one of my employees when I started that most new recruits don't stay for more then 6 months due to the stress of the job. Also, You start to become emotionally flat and become like a zombie for the company. Stressing out night and day about how to make that next sale fantastic and beneficial to yourself and for the company. This job WILL take a toll on your social life. Kiss weekends goodbye and when November comes - you are not allowed to take any vacation time between then and January. Also, when new phones launch in stores, get ready to work double time (that's right, double time due to the amount of hours that you are pushed to do during new phone launches).

That's pretty much it, I could write a whole book about my experiences but let this be a guide for those that are interested in working for this competitive company or to those that are currently in this company and looking for reinforcement on their career decision.

Advice to Management

Don't push ridiculous goals to employees that are struggling in the field for a bit, extend the training and go more in depth and detail with how the field really is when it comes to sales and processing things, be more strict on who gets the sale and actually practice your ideals. The company states that you are all about the customer experience, when for a start, maybe you should consider actually listening to your customers and not push sales as much.

Showing 3 of 8,708 reviews