Verizon Wireless Reviews in Murfreesboro, TN | Glassdoor

3.1
Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits offered (in 617 reviews)

• Great pay (a bit more for being bilingual) great benefits since day 1 (in 1579 reviews)

"Great company"

Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for a world class company that's at the top of its industry. The training is amazing. There is great culture within the call center if you want to be involved. The pay is extremely competitive. 401K matching of 6% plus an annual bonus and merit increase. The insurance benefits are hard to beat. They also provide up to 8k/yr for tuition if you decide to take any classes while employed. Lots of career advancement, especially if you're willing to travel.

Cons

The company is too large. If you are looking to advance locally, it's cutthroat. The call center is saturated with people still taking calls who should have their own teams. One supervisor position gets 30+ local applicants. Once you advance to a certain level, unless you get that unicorn leadership position, you get bounced from special project to special project with no real advancement.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the Credo. It has become a bit of a paper tiger. Live it.

"Verizon cust service lnp it's ok"

Current Employee - LNP in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - LNP in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. That's about it.

Cons

Treat you like a child. Supervisor will tell you one thing and then it turns out they lied but can't do anything about it.

Advice to Management

Stop being so strictly beauraucratic. It's suffocating.

"Terrible job."

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome pay.
    Benifits from day one.
    Fun company events.

Cons

A very stressful job, coming from someone who was a customer service manager of a huge company, that means it's very stressful.
    If you are a true customer advocate or have morals then this job is not for you. Verizon says they work with intergirty. But I wonder for who? The customer or the company?
    Forget your happiness, it'll be gone while you are at work.
    Unrealistic metrics.
    You will always be messing up on something, they are huge on "constructive" criticism.
    Micro managing taken to a new level.
    If you have a bad supervisor, which there are a lot lot lot of, you will absolutely hate the job. Unfortunat as that is, you'll be stuck with that same supervisor until the next shift bid. Which is only twice a year.
    A very unstimulating job.
    Honestly the job depressed me every day I went in.

Advice to Management

Make sure your supervisor are qualified to run a team. Especially transition supervisors. There are some terrible transition supervisor out there. If a new hire supervisor has a high employee turn over rate, then maybe you should re evaluate them.
    Re-evaluate your metrics. They are too unrealistic especially when it comes to disconnects.
    Try to treat your associates as people not just a number.
    Train your store reps to work with integrity and not to screw the customer over for higher compensation and then have them call the call center for a correction. So we take the hit.
    Upgrade your equipment. I mean, you are a technology company.

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent, team atmosphere, and lots of hype around the product keeps things interesting

Cons

Pressure. Lots of pressure.

"The struggle is real here, y'all."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is great. The culture among your team and management is a rich and diverse. There is also a lot of paid time off. One killer benefit is something you would not think of as a benefit is the training. When moving in to the next job after Verizon, the training I obtained here was invaluable. Getting 50% off your phone bill is nice, too.

Cons

This is where the struggle begins. So the famous Verizon checkmark, well that describes the hierarchy at Verizon. The customers on one side, management on the other, the place they meet and in bottom are the frontline employees. There has a complete overhaul of the company over the last year (branding, plans, fees, departments, etc) which has been good in a few areas, terrible in most. When helping a customer and they are entitled to it or it's the only way to prevent them from leaving, we would try to help them, but if it costs money, such as giving a network extended away for free, we can't. What we are told to do is sell the value. So that results in bad survey scores for us, the frontline employee, and effects our performance agreement, then our pay. So we have to get yelled at to try and help people then we try to and are told no sell the value of Verizon but if you fail a survey that's in you.

Advice to Management

Honestly, there's no helping management. That's the main reason I left. But some advice would be be more flexible on what you can do for your customers and allow your employees to make these decisions with out going through so many hoops.

6. "Tech Expert"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall Verizon is a great place to work!! There's plenty of room for advancement. Verizon actually encourage growth within the company.

Cons

I really wish that they would open a call center in Houston, Tx

7. "Great company - high expectations"

Current Employee - Coordinator - Customer Service in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Coordinator - Customer Service in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great company to work for.

Cons

The company definitely expects high performance - but what would you expect from the best wireless company in the industry?

8. "Benefits"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are what kept me at this job for the year and some odd months I worked here.

Cons

Customers, micromanagement, no work/life balance and recently no opportunities to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

STOP MICROMANAGING.

9. "Great Company, Challenging Job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a place to work, it is fantastic. They offer great benefits with superior 401k matching. The call center management had fun events and treats for the employees. The management was fantastic and very friendly and helpful.

Cons

Call center environment was very difficult. If you are even questioning whether a call center is for you - it probably isn't. You will be sitting down most of the day as a Customer Service Specialist. You will be receiving calls from the general public for any and every reason - from the person just wanting to pay a bill all the way to a man on a rampage for something out of your control. As a CSS, you have to have the ability to do MANY MANY things simultaneously using the system while on the phone with a customer. It is tricky to become accustomed to.

10. "Verizon Wireless - Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Master Trainer in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Master Trainer in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Verizon is an amazing company with amazing benefits for hard working employees.

Cons

It's hard work supporting our customers while still growing and maintaining the leadership position in the telecommunications industry. Slackers need not apply.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! We are the leaders in the industry for a reason.

Showing 36 of 8,149 reviews