Verizon Wireless Reviews in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

3.8
Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits offered (in 624 reviews)

• Great pay (a bit more for being bilingual) great benefits since day 1 (in 1597 reviews)

Cons

1. "It was a great career for about 23 of my 28.5 years."

Former Employee - Network Operations Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Network Operations Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Staying on the cutting edge of technology and being a leader in the industry. There are some really good technical people that work there.

Cons

Serious bureaucracy!! As time has gone on a lot of good, smart, useful people were pushed out by people with less integrity and who came out of other wireless companies just looking out for themselves

Advice to Management

Things aren't always what they seem

2. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like my direct coworkers. I can stop thinking about work once I leave work. Not as difficult as previous outside sales positions.

Cons

Cant live in east bay area on this kind of pay. For retail they apparently offer top pay yet I can not afford to rent a place on my own in this area off of this pay. Its always a fight to get a break (awarded by law in CA) or go to lunch on time. I cant stand a retail schedule in general. Its hard to get any consistency or have a life with these hours.

"Some good and bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

There's a nice social status working with Verizon. The benefits are good and the company has a good corporate structure.

Cons

These are more specific to the Pleasanton location, but the management within this office is very bad. The work, structure, schedules, and overall vision is very scattered. There are constant changes to schedules weekly, there is backstabbing from management talking about employees, which makes a lot of the employees uncomfortable. Management in this location are not receptive to employee suggestions for making it better. This location has a lot of turnover and feels like a training location. The morale at this location is very low and a big part of that is due to the management in this location.

Advice to Management

Many of the locations and the corporate office have a very positive vibe. This location is not run very well and seems to be getting worse. Walking into this location, a person can feel the negative vibe as the manager of this location just does not get it. The company as a whole is great, but this location needs to make adjustments.

Showing 3 of 8,273 reviews