Verizon Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam
3,618 Ratings

7,713 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits offered (in 592 reviews)

• Great pay (a bit more for being bilingual) great benefits since day 1 (in 1530 reviews)

Cons

1. "High reward and benefits along with high stress."

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Verizon Wireless for the most part is a great place to work, opportunity for advance is highly achievable and benefits are one of the best out of any industry. The company has not had a negative quarter since it formed in 2000. Long Term Incentives are always paid at full. The company is constantly changing due to technological advancements and as employee you are on the forefront of these changes. Top employees are rewarded generously with all expense paid trips to different parts of the world.

Cons

Like all companies there are some definite downsides. Definitely the corporate atmosphere with many levels of bosses and that top down approach. Lots of stress from upper management on hitting targets, like most organizations I am sure. Some management not being completely qualified.

Advice to Management

Get out and experience what some employees go through. Times are different from when they were in lower level positions. With some hands on experience they could see a greater appreciation for the workplace and make changes where necessary.

2. "Verizon Wireless - Outstanding Opportunities"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative and Escalation Team in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Verizon Wireless is a great company to work for overall. In Chandler, AZ - the Call Center is extremely career oriented. The benefits at VZW are outstanding from the PTO to Heath Care. There are many different career paths that can take place with most of them starting at the entry level Customer Service position. The pay at VZW is performance based as well. They have incentives that are well worth you working hard for a year. The health care costs are kept very low for employees and the benefits they provide are outstanding. If you can get into VZW, please make sure that you think of all aspects of the job before you decide to leave. There are much worse companies to work for.

Cons

The same as all other Call Center positions.

Advice to Management

Please try and be a little more flexible with paid time off use when approving.

"Great Benefits & Pay."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

Pros

Customer Focus, Pay and Benefits. Tuition reimbursement is excellent. Upper management very open and communicative. great cooperative culture between different departments.

Cons

Promotions not remotely related to performance based on performance, hiring from the outside to fill slots.

Advice to Management

Train and promote from within more.

5. "Great company to work for....If your single"

Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in Findlay, OH

Pros

High pay opportunites, Excellent benefits package, great total rewards packages, great tuition assistance, push their employess to grow both personally and professionally

Cons

Work/Life balance can be very crappy, once getting into management you give up that work/life balance. While they promote it, you still give up alot and carry your work phone more often and have to answer it even when you are on a day off

Advice to Management

Increase the time managers get at home, push for the leadership to give everyone a chance to be better, many leaders with families sturggle to have a good personal life at home and that is why many of the leaders quit or step down because they can't take the stress.

6. "Verizon Wireless is a great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisot in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisot in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The company has great benifits and gives nice bonuses and yearly raised. From my experiences, for those that work hard and provide effort there are many career advancement opportunities

Cons

It can be tough to get good hours

Advice to Management

Try to better communicate Ideas and dont just pick a flavor of the month to focus on.

"Good place to work with decent pay, successful company."

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Good opportunity, growth potential and managment opporutnity.

Cons

A lot of beaurocracy, made to feel like just a number, not necessarily a vital employee.

Advice to Management

Make sure you remember it's the people that make a difference in a company.

8. "5 stars"

Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Network Operations Manager in Trenton, NJ

Pros

Leading edge of technology, excellent management, very entrepreneurial job function, lot of latitude to excel. Great compensation package. Very easy to communicate with management. All employees are always aware of the direction in which the company is headed. Strategy is sound and well communicated. Benefits package is the best that I am aware of, and results in extra cash to employee rather than stupid perks that no one cares about.

Cons

Not everyone is as interested in movinig forward. As a result, desrving candidates may not always be easy to spot and reward. Other than that, None that I can think of, really.

Advice to Management

Innovate more. We cannot afford to be complacent.

9. "Verizon Wireless is a premier employer"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Lincoln, NE

Pros

The advancement ability at VZW is all about where you want to go. There is a career path for nearly anything you would want to do. The career progression plan is well laid out and provides a solid knowledbe base for advancement. The company provides $8k annually for tuition program, 100% match on the first 6% we contribute to the fantastic 401k plan, we have backup care options, we have ample time off to manage for our needs. The employee phone program is a real plus, and what we pay for our health care premiums is awesome. We also have annual profit sharing, and an annual bonus we get based on our performance and the company performance. It can be up to 8% of my base pay for my position! There are so many positive things about this company and where I can go, it is hands down the best employer I have ever had. The performance based culture lets me define my future.

Cons

While I do have to work hard, come to work when I am scheduled, and stick to my lunch/break times when working at VZW, I do not think that those expectations are out of line.

Advice to Management

Stay involved, understand the front line CSR's and what they do day to day. Communicate clearly and insure the message is always consistant among the teams.

10. "Great company to work for if you never settle for mediocrity!"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salem, OR

Pros

Great pay, great people, great service. The management structure of stores is the most professional in the retail field. The tools given to us are phenomenal! I can stand behind my product and company and truly say I am behind Verizon wireless.

Cons

Lots of hours, asked for perfection, constantly bugged from management about performance. It is a very stressful job.

Advice to Management

I am proud to work for an amazing company! I might suggest flattening the management tiers and possibly restructure locations and sales compensation to merge with the companies goals.

11. "Veizon Wireless is a cash cow!!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

Pros

They are a growing company with huge profits....they pay well, maybe too well.

Cons

Hours..retail is the biggest opportunity here so your family life will sacrifice.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement only works when you practice what you preach.

Showing 7,713 of 7,902 reviews