Verizon Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017
7,705 reviews

Full-time Part-time

7,705 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits offered (in 592 reviews)

• Great pay (a bit more for being bilingual) great benefits since day 1 (in 1530 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Boston, MA

Pros

Store specific, but great team environment and drive to sell and help one a other. You are well compensated for a job well done on a monthly basis.

Cons

Micro management, again store specific but can be very difficult to deal with. Overall the job requires a lot of patience with customers and management. Not for everyone but great if your patient!

2. "Principle Member of the Techncial Staff"

Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Battle Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Battle Lake, MN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work is great, company has a great Credo, wonderful benefits, great pay, and a fantastic work ethic. I wouldn't mind retiring with this company.

Cons

Big companies have to move with the ebb and flow of the financial community and company down sizing and layoffs are always a possibility so employment security sometimes is at risk.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job! Make good decisions and keep the company financially sound by securing your employees. They brought you to the party, you should go home with them.

3. "Customer Service Technical Support"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Verizon Wireless (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced inbound calls from customers needing help. I love to help

Cons

They closed down a top site to go automated

Advice to Management

N/A

"Experience Specialist"

Former Employee - Experience Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Experience Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay and opportunities to make money

Cons

Management. They act like they are listening to what your are saying, but not really. The hours of retail do not work well with family plans.

6. "Solution Specialist"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is decent and colleagues are awesome to work with

Cons

High quotas, pressure from higher ups. Pressure results into lying to customers to sell them what they don't need. Souless

Advice to Management

Lean off, sometimes you don't need to add pressure just motivate.

7. "Worked there for 5 years"

Former Employee - Experience Specialist in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Experience Specialist in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Pay was competitive. Got most of my graduate degree paid for.

Cons

The rotating schedule made life a bit difficult to plan, but the company was willing to work with you for important things like school or family.

"Solutions Specialist"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay.
    Benefits.
    401k. Matched $1 for $1 up to 6% of your pay.
    Cell phone bill cut directly in half.
    RYA's.
    (recognizing you awards) -- cash the company throws at you for meeting little goals and objectives through out the day/month in forms of redeemable credit. Either via "send to payroll" or gift cards to MANY MANY places.

Commission checks! ($1,225 is your "at risk". Your minimum for hitting quota.
    It is multiplied based on the % above the minimum numbers required to hit quota that you meet.
    e.i, quota is 30, you do 45. thats 150%. to quota.
     So $1,225 x 1.5 = $1,837. This is sort of simplified,
    it is also multiplied (AND) detracted by other factors.
    Sometimes ONE more sale could mean an additional $300-350.

$1900 is average in the first quarter, then $2800 in the 2nd as people start spending. Although this year has been particularly slow at my store. You have to work hard to make your money. 3d quarter is pretty much the same but YOU decide how much you make, the opportunity is there and 4th quarter (Holidays) its $$$. $4800+ is expected.

Great management. Especially the upper leaders, CULTURE! Sometimes, when at an event, which occur frequently you leave with the feeling that anything is possible. Its tough to keep that mentality when day in and day out its the same 2 step. Get phone, sell phone, sell case, next. But the when you see your pay check, its all worth it.

Cons

Commission is taxed at 40%!!

Same routine day in and day out, saved by the rejuvenating events that seem to come "just in time". They SMELL low moral.

Some days you just do not feel like putting up with whiny customers who wants to know why someone at some other store 50 miles away did something (with their permission and consent) and expect that particular store to fix it. Yes, we can and yes, we almost always do. But while we scrub our brains going through hundreds of remarks on your account, looking up receipts and asking questions to try and piece it together, a customers rudeness and ingratitude is not only unnecessary but unmotivating. Oh, and we HATE "I spoke with customer service and they said they left a note on my account". That almost always NEVER means anything or helps in any way. Except the RARE occasion customer support figures out an issue and remark the account with a summary to help the in store guy. ...Did i just rant? I think i did.

Advice to Management

I understand YOUR manager is stepping on your throat to get your Revenue Per Device up, but pull it together, be a leader & figure out how to positively motivate us. (I'm not included in the needing motivation dept.) My personality is always on GO from when im awake to when iv exhausted it all. One of the few reps that youd love to get, that solves ALL the issue right then and there. No band aid. Straight Cure.

9. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, opportunity, autonomy, vacation time

Cons

pay has leveled out and layoffs

Advice to Management

listen to employees more

10. "Great Company with great pay and benefits"

Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, bilingual pay, tuition assistance, and great benefits.

Cons

Company has made some bad decision, and have laid some people off recently.

"Decent place to work until they let you go due to Corporate greed!"

Former Employee - Sales Support in Cleveland, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Cleveland, TN

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great compensation as well as benefits from the first day you start, 401k match up to 6%, tuition reimbursement & plan discount. I have learned new skills regarding sales process & support for devices. The people I worked with were also like my second family & made the days working there bearable.

Cons

Your schedule will never be consistent so forget about having a life outside of work. Hours are extremely long during the holidays with often times no lunches or breaks, depending on how busy or understaffed we were. Some of the managers were quite unprofessional as well as disrespectful; not only to their employees but also to some customers. They were caught doing very unethical things to increase sales. However, it seems the upper channels encouraged that because it was all about numbers & no longer about loyalty to employees as well as customers. Company culture as well as customer experience went down hill, especially after the major layoffs within the past couple of months. It doesn't matter how long you have worked for the company. If they want to cut your position to cut cost from their own mistakes, they will get rid of you quickly!

Advice to Management

If you continue to focus more on your numbers instead of your loyal customers & employees, you will not only drive business away but also continue to have a high turnover rate. It use to be a pleasant place to work until the company decided to become more greedy. Lead by example & listen to what people have to say that are actually giving 110% of their time just so the higher ups can get compensated for most of it.

Showing 7,705 of 7,894 reviews