Verizon Wireless Solutions Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Opportunity to Grow, Learn, and Succeed with the right attitude"

Current Employee - Manager - Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Manager - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been working for Verizon Wireless for about 10 years. Verizon is a great place to grow within the company. There are some people that say the opposite but it really depends on you and how bad you want to move to the next position.

I started as a Customer Service rep at a Retail store.. and then went through the ranks within Retail to an Assistant Manager from working hard and having an attitude to learn and get better. After that, I decided that I wanted to do get into technical sales like Internet of Things and etc. So I went to school for Telecommunications (all paid by Verizon). Then got into Business Sales within Verizon Wireless. There was a position in the East Coast for Solutions Architect, applied and got the position. Verizon paid for my move from West Coast to the East Coast. They paid to move all my furniture, my car, plane tickets, first month rent/deposit, etc white-glove treatment.

Your career path is endless, you can get into Marketing, Data, Engineering, Sales, etc. Depends on what you want to do, you can achieve with hard work. Ultimately, you choose your path. Verizon Wireless is a great company, I love what I do and the direction where Verizon is going.

If you're unhappy where you're at, then get smarter and focus on how to get where you want to go.

Cons

Verizon is a huge company with many different departments and technology. Being nimble as an organization is difficult but getting better.

2. "Great benefits and pay at a cost of consistent work life balance."

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition assistance, matching 401k, medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family that are fantastic! Also, great leadership development and training. Verizon is committed to growing your skillset and helping make you a better employee all around.

Cons

Work life balance is difficult to achieve. No set schedule — this is retail after all. Difficult to get a Saturday off for personal events.

Advice to Management

This is an assistant manager role without a lot of recognition. The solutions manager usually is the one who knows all that’s going on in the store and is the cause of its success or failure but very rarely gets any recognition for a job well done. If possible, find a way to show those in this role that they have value with the company and they will work harder, drive more sustainable results, and value their employees and our customers more. Find a way to give SMs some work life balance, especially since they are hourly and are often treated and expected to behave as if they are salaried.

"Solutions Manager"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Gaylord, MI
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Gaylord, MI

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great sales training and benefits

Cons

Some upper management are not professional or up front

Advice to Management

Be honest, and trust your management

"Verizon Wireless has changed in 2 years...beware."

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sales experience. Pay is good compared to other jobs.

Cons

Biggest con is with layoffs, there are additional responsibilities and we are making less money every year with the sales quotas. Time Off/Life balance is non-existent. The culture Verizon wants you to have is to be dedicated to the company. A job is suppose to pay you to support your personal life, to be successful at Verizon, your life has to be Verizon. To the company you are a number, so if your department is laid off, it’s just business. No bonuses either.

Advice to Management

Hire back Operations People. Lower quotas so people want to work for you. I know so many talented people looking for jobs because the company stopped hiding valuing profits over people.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits. Overti.e accepted. Growth opportunity. Amazing training . Amazing rewards

Cons

Noooo life what so ever

6. "Solutions Manager"

Former Employee - Solutions Manager in Olympia, WA
    Former Employee - Solutions Manager in Olympia, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are hard to beat in the industry. No schooling required and the training they offer is way above industry standard for any leadership position. They absolutely set you up for success in ornoutside if Cellular sales.

Cons

Cell industry shifting focus which means layoffs and broader responsibilities for management. Commission has become harder to attain focusing on customer service and 100% attainment rather than blowing the quota out of the water and paying eager reps for their hard work.

Advice to Management

Move up as quickly as possible. Staying in position with no movement can show a lack of desire to be with the company. Regardless of how comfortable you feel in taking over a store as a GM you should always be prepared to interview when it comes up.

"Solution manager"

Former Employee - Solutions Manager

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, engaging and satisfying if you push yourself to perform well, recognition to increase employee moral.

Verizon is everywhere in the US so relocating can be easy if you want to get closer to family.

Cons

Verizon recently went through huge change with staffing and vision on profits. Verizon is looking for other source of revenue through (cloud, telematics, connected devices) which can be overwhelming to the customer.

Another way to increase net profit is to lower cost. That’s exactly what Verizon did when thousands of employees were layoff in California. Reps who has been with Verizon 10 plus years losing their jobs with a month notice. I personally know people who are losing their homes because of this move by verizon.

Competitive at all level and against different department. Example reps stealing sales in same stores. Direct vs indirect stores causing bad experience for the customer. When in store reps call tech for help it usually 50-50 good/bad experience with tech refusing to help in store reps. Even if it’s different department verizon reps/tech should work together for better experience.

Advice to Management

Your employee are human being. Treat them as such and I am sure they’ll want to work harder for you.

Advice to executives: do an anonymous internal employee survey across the company and you’ll find how happy your employees are. This will help verizon take care of their employee better.

"Solutions Manager"

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Verizon offers 6% 401k match, up to $8000 tuition assistance annual, amazing insurance and discounts. Pay is top notch compared to competitors and rewarded for how hard you work.

Cons

Sales and management takes a toll on mental health from high quotas, customer escalations and customers who demand the red carpet treatment, employee drama, and pressure from heavy pressure from upper management.

Advice to Management

Focus on what drives the company the most profits and the best solutions for our customers. As of late, it seems like the only thing the company cares about is how many HUM's you can sell and does not recognize any other KPI

9. "Good entry level sales position"

Former Employee - Solutions Manager

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Verizon provides a competitive compensation plan and top notch training. Excellent place to develop sales skills

Cons

Mounting pressure to hit unrealistic and unnecessary metrics - constantly shifting focus to uninspired products with high revenue margins. Reliant on dwindling retail foot traffic as consumers are pushed to online outlets.

Advice to Management

Simplify your compensation, focus on fewer metrics, promote all sales instead of “ideal sales”

"Retail"

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The compensation and benefits are the best part of the job. Tuition reimbursement is huge.

Cons

Work life balance is non existent and the job is only as good as your immediate management team, which is often subject to change.

Advice to Management

If you're going to talk a talk, you better be able to walk the walk. Otherwise you will not have much credibility to your front line employees. In other words, if you think selling that product is "so easy" and you would be "succeeding easily" if you were a solutions specialist, let me see you do it then.