Verizon Wireless Reviews in Temple Terrace, FL | Glassdoor

Temple Terrace, FL

2.9
Verizon Wireless Chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam
Lowell McAdam

Pros
  • Excellent pay and benefits offered (in 605 reviews)

• Great pay (a bit more for being bilingual) great benefits since day 1 (in 1565 reviews)

"Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temple Terrace, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temple Terrace, FL

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

VZW is a great company to work for with wonderful benefits. Until my position was eliminated due to a company reorganization, I was with them for 15 years & would still be with them if my role hadn't been eliminated.

Cons

A current employee & I were talking & they compared it to a sweat shop. They definitely push you to get the most amount of work they can get from you.

Advice to Management

Even if an employer states they don't need constant affirmation of how they are doing, it doesn't hurt to give out verbal accolades that he/she is doing a good job. NEVER assume!

"Account Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Temple Terrace, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Temple Terrace, FL

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Excellent co-workers and customer service representatives. Everyone joins hands.

Cons

Weak management in Temple Terrace, FL. Immature and unethical business practices have been on-going, and nobody cares.

Advice to Management

Grow up, and take some professional ethics classes. Move on to another company.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Temple Terrace, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Temple Terrace, FL

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic company to work for and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Great people, mostly fantastic management, and a joy to go to work every day.

Cons

A little hard to get promoted at times as it is sometimes a who do you know and not what do you know type of place. Also, they just restructured cut thousands of jobs, but they did give a very lucrative severance package. Classy way to do layoffs if it has to happen.

Advice to Management

I appreciate my 10 years with the company. Was hoping to spend my entire career there if it were not for the layoffs. I don't agree with the direction, but appreciate the way you took care of us in the layoff packages.

4. "Best Products, Excellent Pay and Benefits...WAY too much Bureaucracy!"

Current Employee - Business Sales in Temple Terrace, FL
    Current Employee - Business Sales in Temple Terrace, FL

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can't think of a single company in any line of business that can say they are as superior to their competition as Verizon is to the other cell carriers- trust me, I've worked for almost all of them! Better network doesn't even begin to describe it! As a salesperson, I don't lose business based on the competition. The only deals we seem to lose are based on companies not having the time or money to switch. They all want to. The pay is better than any of the other carriers I've worked for. The benefits are better, too. All in all, it's a darn near perfect place to work, except......

Cons

Bureaucracy and red tape are how we do things at Verizon. If that doesn't bother you, then do everything you can to get a job here. It drives me absolutely bat-shtuff crazy!! The constant politics is ridiculous, too. 10 years ago, under the first CEO (Denny Striegl) we were a real entrepreneurial company. But now...we're the epitome of "big company" culture. If that doesn't bother you either...then do everything you can to get a job here!!

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen if I had any real advice, so I'll just say keep up the GREAT work!! And keep paying us like you are!!

Showing 4 of 8,039 reviews