Verizon Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

3.9
Verizon CEO Hans Vestberg
Hans Vestberg
2,374 Ratings
Pros
  • "great benefits value their employees(in 3328 reviews)

• "flexible schedule and good benefits(in 1744 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work - life balance is not maintained(in 1699 reviews)

• "Upper management never talks to regular employees(in 599 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Verizon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company over all

Jan 20, 2021 - Group Manager/Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, strong work-life balance, family friendly - seem to really care about employees and customers.

Cons

Acquisitions often appear not to be well thought out and there is a strong need for professional Marketing support and high-level strategic Sales strategies. Sales methods and presentations need to be modernized - very random rather than targeted.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great job until Covid-19

Aug 25, 2020 - Small Business Specialist in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working on expanding businesses and watching them grow is satisfying. You manage your own time and can make 4K monthly in commission. Verizon offers good benefits, 401k and many other helpful tools

Cons

The expectation when I was hired on was 20 cold calls per morning, then meetings from 10-12, 1-3, then floor time from 3-5 in your store. Since Covid, the expectation of cold calls has risen between 30-45, and the expectations of hitting our same metrics is expected. We are working from home and without being able to get out and socialize, at least in my opinion it has been a struggle. Verizon is also a liberal company, and unfortunately I felt like political agendas were pushed. From encouraging people to go march for trans-rights to adding “racial inequality” to our Voluntary trainings with headlines such as “why talk about whiteness”. I’m not saying I’m not for equal rights or anything of the kind, but if there was a march for conservatives, or a pro life rally it would definitely not be advocated and would probably be looked down upon.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Verizon Response

Thank you for your review. We agree that there is always room for improvement, and welcome any and all feedback that could potentially get us to where we want to go. Your feedback is appreciated.

3. 4.0