KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Verkada Reviews

Updated Jan 17, 2022

Found 244 of over 254 reviews

4.3
Verkada CEO Filip Kaliszan (no image)
Filip Kaliszan
Pros
  • "Great company with a great culture(in 19 reviews)

• "Surrounded by hard-working individuals who have a stacked resume prior to Verkada(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is very rare to find a remote engineering position available at Verkada(in 24 reviews)

• "Standard growing pains of a fast paced start up(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Verkada and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

TSE

Dec 23, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture and people

Cons

Pay raise and cycles are a issue here and concerning at times

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0

Its a pass

Jan 17, 2022 - Software Development Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch Free parking Management is hands off Solid engineering team

Cons

Culture is plain bad. In office culture. Work can get pretty long Technology is old and boring. RSUs distributed are very low with very little upward outlook (dissapointed by sales numbers) Product is overpriced Management lacks experience

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Pretty good

Jan 4, 2022 - Technical Recruiter in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of visibility into different engineering teams. Work closely with hiring managers. All of them are great. Solid recruiting team on the IC level. Interesting products and space. Company seems to be doing well in terms of revenue which is great.

Cons

Backloading vesting - big reason why we don't close all the good candidates. In person culture, some teams are open to hybrid but another reason why we lose out to other companies. Not sure how refreshers work.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Should have applied sooner

Dec 16, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity, good pay and a great work environment

Cons

Not the best training, slightly rushed

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Regret joining this company

Jan 16, 2022 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid growth and nice swag

Cons

The engineering culture is toxic. Absentee executive management means very poor communications and coordination across the engineering org. It's cut throat to try and get a bonus/raise/promotion. Verkada is really a sales company with an engineering dept, it's far from a tech company. They routinely release products way before it's ready, but as long as it sells, that's all that matters. Don't buy into the hype of the company valuation, they're basing it off the company being a SaaS, when in fact Verkada is a hardware company which has a much lower multiple.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0

Na

Dec 15, 2021 - Sales Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Product is very impressive, growth opportunity

Cons

In office, constant changing processes

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Beyond my Expectations

Nov 4, 2021 - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I debated leaving my previous job as a medical device sales rep in the bay area for several months before jumping to Verkada. I was doing well at my job, but I felt I needed to be challenged more professional, and I wanted a job that was more exciting challenging and had more opportunity to make money. My time at Verkada has been incredible. They really take care of you. Whether it is the daily catered gourmet food, barista for coffee, professional barber that works on site, or the extremely comprehensive onboarding process, eveyhting they have done so far, just really has made me feel that they are genuinely invested in my success. Coming from a med device company where all my onboarding consisted of was pulling up a PDF on google and figuring out the surgery in the OR, this is blessing that I have this opportunity. If youre looking to work hard, have fun every day, and be around the best of the best, checkout Verkada.

Cons

I do not have any as of yet

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hard workers only

Nov 22, 2021 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Competitive and aggressive sales culture. If you are motivated and want to make a drastic financial change in your life. this is the place to work.

Cons

Metrics oriented. must make numbers or you will be let go. a lot of onboarding information and education

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, amazing opportunity, and groundbreaking technology

Oct 27, 2021 - Associate Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working here at Verkada back in August of 2021 and it has been an amazing experience. When exploring my options back in July I actually turned down a higher paying job offer in a closing role to join the Vercademy program, and in hindsight, that was one of the best career moves I have ever made. My decision really came down to three things: 1) The Culture. Verkada has developed a high energy and fun to work in environment, where we celebrate each other's successes. You see this company wide, but the SLC office in particular has built a team that I look forward to going into the office and working with every day. 2) The Upward Mobility. After working here for a couple months, it is clear to me that hard work gets rewarded. With a company that is growing as fast as Verkada is, there are constantly leadership and enterprise positions opening for those who have earned them. 3) The Product Itself. The Verkada platform is really unlike anything else in the market. It is incredibly easy to demo and talk about with prospects and customers. In your standard SDR/BDR role, it takes between 18-24 months of cold calling to be promoted into a closing role. I currently am on track to complete the Vercademy AAE program in four months. If you are willing to put in the work, this job can be a major career accelerator, where you will develop all the skills necessary to become an effective Account Executive. Nearly every Verkademy graduate greatly exceeds their quotas once promoted, giving you high earning potential after just six month after starting. Verkada is an incredibly fun place to work that buys you lunch every day, has regular cash prizes for top weekly/daily performers, and fun team building outings as well. Don't take my word for it, reach out to a recruiter and see for yourself.

Cons

If you are looking for a relaxed/easy position, then this ins't the job for you. They are essentially condensing the typical 18 month SDR curriculum into six months to get you closing deals as soon as possible. Between studying on your own time for test outs and hitting your daily metrics, this job will keep you busy. If you are someone who is self motivated and are willing to put in the extra work, you will be recognized and move through this program quickly. But you must understand the expected workload coming in or you will get burnt out.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Those who don't like Verkada aren't (weren't) bought in

Nov 2, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, product, culture development (post-controversies), funding, office and perks, career development opportunities, leadership with experience exiting successful startups (Meraki, Okta, etc). OTE is doable if playbook is run (even in tough patches, like me), 7-figure mid-market deals close with increasing velocity, accelerators are generous for overachievers.

Cons

If you are willing to dedicate yourself to helping to bring an extremely promising company to IPO, your dedication will be rewarded. This is one of the best equity plays in Silicon Valley (probably in the last 10 years, due to lack of competition) - if that isn't the mindset you take into the role every day, you will struggle. Because of this, attrition is high.

1 person found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 244 Reviews

Verkada Reviews FAQs

82% of Verkada employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Verkada 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Verkada to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, diversity and inclusion, management.

Popular Careers with Verkada Job Seekers