KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Verkada

Is this your company?

Verkada

Add a Review

Verkada Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Jul 16, 2021

Found 17 of over 254 reviews

4.3
Verkada CEO Filip Kaliszan (no image)
Filip Kaliszan
Pros
  • "Great company with a great culture(in 19 reviews)

• "Surrounded by hard-working individuals who have a stacked resume prior to Verkada(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is very rare to find a remote engineering position available at Verkada(in 24 reviews)

• "Standard growing pains of a fast paced start up(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Verkada and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 16, 2021 - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Fast paced start up with massive goals, pushing AE's to be the best they can possibly be for themselves and the company -Team mindset, win as a team, lose as a team. Everyone here supports one and other -Clear cut goals and expectations from Management and Executive Team -Great benefits

Cons

Standard growing pains of a fast paced start up

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great startup with exciting vision and talented team!

Jun 28, 2021 - Enterprise Solutions Engineer in Bradenton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very agile company with strong vision and regular product releases and updates. Pay is good with equity options plus medical, dental, and vision are covered by the company for the employee. The team is very talented and a pleasure to work with. Even though I work remote I still get to travel out to HQ on a regular basis for events, training, and team building. The company also offers incentives for personal growth such as pursuing technical certifications, etc.

Cons

Typical growing pains with a startup environment. No 401K match at this time. Changes occur regularly and quickly and can take time to get used to.

3. 5.0

Outstanding Onboarding Experience

Jun 25, 2021 - Solutions Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Best training I've ever received in any workplace - Clear expectations - Extremely organized, and surprisingly fun - Great co-workers - Company growth and advancement, hard work is acknowledged - Professional development is encouraged - You will be given autonomy to to initiate projects and try new strategies. - I'm happy to be a part of this company and the SE team in particular is phenomenal

Cons

- Typical growing pains for a fast growing startup, which is expected for a company doubling in size annually.

4. 5.0

Fast Paced and So many Opportunities for Growth

May 21, 2021 - Sales Enablement Specialist in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a very fast paced environment which opens the door to a lot of opportunities for growth and learning. I am able to wear a lot of different hats and have a large say in the building of our team, as well as the sales team. The employees here are all great and have fostered a culture that has healthy competition, and anyone is more than willing to take the time out of their day to help. Working very cross-functionally with marketing, sales, leadership, solutions engineers, and product has only proven that. I also have to compliment the sales ops team specifically, who jumps on ways to make internal processes better. The process for this is not long and drawn out, and they are very open to feedback and ideas. Outside of my own role, Verkada does a lot to show employees that they care. The benefits are impressive (gym, commuter benefits, covid vaccine coordination, meals, investing in team bonding, etc). This team makes it exciting to come in every day!

Cons

Being a start-up, you'll still find some growing pains such as systems improvements, having to build programs from scratch, etc. I thrive in roles where your to-do list changes every day, but I know this isn't everyone's jam. We have quarterly projects and goals, but we are adding new smaller projects day to day in order to grow just as quickly as the org. The parking is growing more difficult at HQ because we're outgrowing the lot.

7 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Best Place in the Bay

May 25, 2021 - Solutions Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite some managerial missteps, Verkada is the best job I've ever had. I get to work with the smartest, most hard-working folks in the business.

Cons

Standard growing pains of a fast moving startup

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting Hyper Growth Startup!

Apr 13, 2021 - Channel Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, collaborative, great pay, exciting industry, amazing pay!

Cons

Management growing pains, not very diverse

7. 5.0

Great Company with Awesome Products

Mar 26, 2021 - Sales in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great products, great people, great opportunity to work for a company that is quickly becoming a major name in the tech industry

Cons

Typical growing pains for a company that growing at this rate

8. 5.0

Hard Work Pays Off

Mar 8, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great product that our Engineers are constantly improving. Makes for a fun and exciting demo. -Team selling. I always feel welcome asking senior reps for help. -You can make great money. -My managers have always set clear expectations and make themselves available to help drive success.

Cons

This is a startup, so naturally there are some growing pains associated with any startup.

9. 5.0

The Best Startup in Silicon Valley

Feb 26, 2021 - Solutions Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The effort you put in is recognized immediately. Hard work and talent are rewarded. The technology is phenomenal, and the executive team understands the value that the company, the staff, and the product provide.

Cons

Standard growing pains for a fast-growing company. Culture is too loosely defined, and the strategies that worked for a one-year-old company need to be adapted to one that is substantially older. A balance needs to be struck between bringing in new talent and satisfying existing employees.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic company moving at a fast pace

Oct 28, 2020 - Solutions Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Verkada. The tech is amazing, and we've got the strongest sales team in Silicon Valley. If you want to hit the ground running and make an impact from Day One, Verkada is the place to be.

Cons

Standard growing pains for a company thats looking to double its employee count every year.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews