KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Verkada

Is this your company?

Verkada

Add a Review

Verkada Employee Reviews about "hard working"

Updated Oct 27, 2021

Found 18 of over 254 reviews

4.3
Verkada CEO Filip Kaliszan (no image)
Filip Kaliszan
Pros
  • "Great company with a great culture(in 19 reviews)

• "Surrounded by hard-working individuals who have a stacked resume prior to Verkada(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is very rare to find a remote engineering position available at Verkada(in 24 reviews)

• "Standard growing pains of a fast paced start up(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Verkada and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hard working"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, amazing opportunity, and groundbreaking technology

Oct 27, 2021 - Associate Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working here at Verkada back in August of 2021 and it has been an amazing experience. When exploring my options back in July I actually turned down a higher paying job offer in a closing role to join the Vercademy program, and in hindsight, that was one of the best career moves I have ever made. My decision really came down to three things: 1) The Culture. Verkada has developed a high energy and fun to work in environment, where we celebrate each other's successes. You see this company wide, but the SLC office in particular has built a team that I look forward to going into the office and working with every day. 2) The Upward Mobility. After working here for a couple months, it is clear to me that hard work gets rewarded. With a company that is growing as fast as Verkada is, there are constantly leadership and enterprise positions opening for those who have earned them. 3) The Product Itself. The Verkada platform is really unlike anything else in the market. It is incredibly easy to demo and talk about with prospects and customers. In your standard SDR/BDR role, it takes between 18-24 months of cold calling to be promoted into a closing role. I currently am on track to complete the Vercademy AAE program in four months. If you are willing to put in the work, this job can be a major career accelerator, where you will develop all the skills necessary to become an effective Account Executive. Nearly every Verkademy graduate greatly exceeds their quotas once promoted, giving you high earning potential after just six month after starting. Verkada is an incredibly fun place to work that buys you lunch every day, has regular cash prizes for top weekly/daily performers, and fun team building outings as well. Don't take my word for it, reach out to a recruiter and see for yourself.

Cons

If you are looking for a relaxed/easy position, then this ins't the job for you. They are essentially condensing the typical 18 month SDR curriculum into six months to get you closing deals as soon as possible. Between studying on your own time for test outs and hitting your daily metrics, this job will keep you busy. If you are someone who is self motivated and are willing to put in the extra work, you will be recognized and move through this program quickly. But you must understand the expected workload coming in or you will get burnt out.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Fast paced, challenging atmosphere

Aug 31, 2021 - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is fantastic and extremely fast paced. Everybody here was the best at whatever they were doing at their former company so there are so many talented professionals to learn from. The team does a great job of recognizing hard work and paying you for it. Plus, the product is the best on the market and it practically sells itself. Working at Verkada has been a great personal challenge for me. I started out in the Verkademy program with little to no background in sales. Through the next 6 months I was challenged to work harder than I ever have to get up to speed with the rest of the sales org. 10 times out of 10 I would do it again as I was able to learn from the world class leaders around me and refine my sales acumen.

Cons

Expectations are very high and the work life balance can be lost at times.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Many passionate and talented people, great company vision

Jul 1, 2021 - Solutions Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wholeheartedly believe the Solutions Engineering team is one of the best in the business. They are extremely nice and hard working. Each person on the team seems to have their own highly-talented specialty; some come from computer engineering, others computer security, others software engineering, others electrical engineering, etc. I was always learning new things from them, and vice versa. Everyone on the team helps each other out and lifts each other up -- we want to see everyone succeed, and each employee is better for it. The sales environment can be quite dynamic, so it's a godsend to have a supportive team that will back you up time and time again. The team chemistry is honestly the best I've felt in my professional career. It's hard to nail down exactly why in words -- sometimes you really vibe with people, and I did there. Tyler, my manager at the time, is a rock star. He has nailed the perfect balance of guidance when necessary, otherwise letting you do your own thing. He is very chill, reasonable, methodical, and will always catch you off guard by just how much technical knowledge he actually has. Ruben, the director of solutions engineering, is also very knowledgeable. He has an extremely practical perspective on the industry and our core function, which is appreciated. He's got a great sense of humor, sometimes his Boston roots shine through. Most importantly, he is an absolute hawk when it comes to looking out for his team -- there will be BS at any company, and having director-level protection to shield you from that is much appreciated. As far as the role itself is concerned, it is *highly dynamic*. There is never a dull, boring day. I was surprised with the amount of technical detail and problem solving involved -- I thought I might be bored since I come from an intensely technical background, but this was far from the case. The balance between technical challenges, engaging with customers, and engaging with sales reps makes the days fly by. Outside of Solutions Engineering, there are plenty of other awesome, passionate people on other teams. Due to the nature of the role, you interface with a number of other teams regularly, and this allows you to form bonds beyond the SE team alone. I had some solid work buddies on sales, customer support, product, etc. Also, big shoutout to Dervilla Lannon, she is doing incredible things. When I was there, I got to see the results of her efforts to make the company more mature and stable, and it paid dividends. She is also an all-around awesome person, and a good friend of the SE team. At a company level, the vision and current product trajectory is undeniably solid. While there may be niche markets that they don't capture very well, they are by far best-in-class when it comes to providing a general-purpose, user friendly, high quality system. And as they release more distinct products, the ecosystem will grow more and more compelling. Outside of any product, the perks at the company are pretty incredible (food, drinks, amenities, swag). I didn't think I would care very much about them, but I definitely miss free office lunches, snacks, drinks, and coffee better than a Keurig. I still wear my shoes, jacket, and backpack (quality stuff!). They definitely do not skimp, and I appreciate that. Those small things add up and remove a non-trivial amount of complexity from your day. All in all, if you're thinking about the SE team at Verkada, I highly recommend it. I learned many invaluable skills during my time there, and I got to spend it with an amazing team. Never a dull moment.

Cons

Sometimes the SE team gets selected to do some astoundingly monotonous labor, where no specific aspect makes us particularly qualified over the persons requesting the task. And sometimes those tasks are not trivial projects, they take a lot of time. That all adds up to long nights doing something stupid that you don't get anything out of and you think someone else should be doing -- quite the drag. Fortunately, our manager and director were acutely aware of this, and one of the ways they are working hard to protect us. Most importantly, these were exceptional circumstances and didn't happen too often, so all in all it's not a big deal.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Building a Legacy

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone contributes to our product, culture, and business - Surrounded by hard-working individuals who have a stacked resume prior to Verkada - Inclusivity across teams, which makes me love the next point... - Being back in an office! Making it safe to come back again, breakfast and lunch every day, a barista (who is easily everyone's friend at this point), free haircuts, manicures, etc. - Amazing products that work in a market that is $100M + globally

Cons

- Some of the unknowns, like any startup, we're learning as we go - Continued backlash from IPVM, but that's any security company

5. 5.0

Outstanding Onboarding Experience

Jun 25, 2021 - Solutions Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Best training I've ever received in any workplace - Clear expectations - Extremely organized, and surprisingly fun - Great co-workers - Company growth and advancement, hard work is acknowledged - Professional development is encouraged - You will be given autonomy to to initiate projects and try new strategies. - I'm happy to be a part of this company and the SE team in particular is phenomenal

Cons

- Typical growing pains for a fast growing startup, which is expected for a company doubling in size annually.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Most Rewarding Company To Work For

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees from Verkada are some of the coolest people I have ever met. They come from everywhere: Hawaii, Denver, Boston, NYC, Georgia, Chicago, Dallas, Salt Lake, Seattle, etc. You work amongst some of the smartest, hard working, and fun people. The energy in the room is crazy. There is also a lot of opportunity for career growth at an accelerate rate.

Cons

You may need a car for the reverse commute, but employees like going to dinner in San Mateo after work hours.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Challenging but rewarding Unicorn

Jun 25, 2021 - Solutions Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Hard work is rewarded and recognized Great employees and workplace culture Cutting edge technology that is constantly evolving and expanding Fantastic onboarding process as well as continual technical training

Cons

Due to company being small and agile, product and platform is continually changing and sometimes not always for the best No 401k match, but shares are offered and this is normal for this type of business

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company!

Aug 12, 2021 - Manager in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth Opportunity Support from upper management Recognition for hard work Pay

Cons

I have no cons from my time with Verkada

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

AAE

Jul 19, 2021 - Associate Account Executive in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great if not afraid of hard work

Cons

do not have any cons

10. 5.0

Best Place in the Bay

May 25, 2021 - Solutions Engineer in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite some managerial missteps, Verkada is the best job I've ever had. I get to work with the smartest, most hard-working folks in the business.

Cons

Standard growing pains of a fast moving startup

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews