KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Verkada

Is this your company?

Verkada

Add a Review

Verkada Employee Reviews about "verkada"

Updated Oct 7, 2021

Found 24 of over 254 reviews

4.3
Verkada CEO Filip Kaliszan (no image)
Filip Kaliszan
Pros
  • "Great company with a great culture(in 19 reviews)

• "Surrounded by hard-working individuals who have a stacked resume prior to Verkada(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is very rare to find a remote engineering position available at Verkada(in 24 reviews)

• "Standard growing pains of a fast paced start up(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Verkada and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "verkada"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

An exciting place to work that supports personal growth

Aug 13, 2021 - Market Development Representative (MDR) in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Verkada is constantly growing at an extremely fast pace, whether that's launching new products or expanding the team. * Colleagues are supportive of personal and professional growth. * Verkada provides you with the tools and the resources you need to succeed * Verkada has provided employees with extensive covid resources including unlimited PTO and free covid testing everyday in office

Cons

* No option to work fully remote, however this ensures that we maintain the strong culture at Verkada

4 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just buy the stock when they ipo, not worth it.

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Classic start benefits, unlimited pto and you don’t pay for benefits. Good product for sure.

Cons

They are hiring so aggressively your territory will definitely be cut/changed. They don’t actually give you enough options when you sign on to make it worth your while to stay the full 4 years anymore. Verkada seems to live in an alternate universe that doesn’t realize people have worked remotely for over a year+ with covid they just test people twice a week and say it’s safe. They make you go into the office everyday and say “we will be flex after ramping” but that “flex” is not clearly defined anywhere. Once you start getting looked at for leadership that’s when the VP will start to acknowledge you, but word has it external leaders hired on actually get paid significantly more than internal promotions doing the same leadership position. But your recruiter will definitely sell you on how quickly you can move into leadership after you RELOCATE your entire life for a job you could do from wherever you currently are. In truth you quickly realize it seems like many of the reps were sold the dream, that actually feels like a nightmare you are locked into because they WILL come after you for your relocation/sign on bonus really quick for a company that throws money at everything besides their OTEs. (I didn’t even relocate but a warning for those considering as I have seen some pretty unhappy people feel stuck.)

11 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Amazing Growth

Aug 13, 2021 - Marketing Development Representative in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic working culture filled with leaders who are invested in your success! Great place to grow you career and lots of room for growth within the organization.

Cons

Honestly can say there aren't really any cons of working at Verkada.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Has exceeded all my expectations

Aug 9, 2021 - Engineering Manager in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are * Incredibly smart co-workers * Fascinating technical problems * Amazing product * Phenomenal Sales history * Proven leadership team.

Cons

It is very rare to find a remote engineering position available at Verkada. There are a few remote engineers, but the culture is very focussed on being in person.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to work!

Aug 13, 2021 - Marketing Development Representative in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great pay, extensive training and ramp period. Lunch is provided, benefits are great, and the office is a great office to work in. Fast growing with lots of internal opportunities

Cons

I truly can't think of any cons, at this point I haven't been happier at another job prior to Verkada

6. 5.0

Great Company!

Aug 12, 2021 - Manager in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth Opportunity Support from upper management Recognition for hard work Pay

Cons

I have no cons from my time with Verkada

7. 2.0

Average at Best

Jun 30, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

- can expense a lot - met some of the best people - great product

Cons

- toxic / cutthroat culture While I did meet some great people, the culture at Verkada isn't sustainable. Leadership has slowly given up on caring about their employees and is only focusing on expanding and doubling their employee count. Moreover, if you want to go to a company that only talks about "partying and making money" like they are in a fraternity - this place is for you! - pay is sub par They will advertise and sale to their recruits that you can make uncapped commission and over 200K. This is false. The only people that are absolutely killing it and making an extreme amount of money are the individuals that have great territories. However, this won't last long because Verkada is cutting territories and increasing quotas left and right. - insane amount of in office politics 1. Employees that get promoted and given the best territories are individuals that are EXTREMELY well liked or individuals that have become best friends with leadership. 2. The ENTIRE time of COVID, employees were pressured to come into the office. HR would constantly "reassure" employees they were safe to WFH while managers would make them feel bad if they did. I once had a manager tell me that he would not promote me if I did not work in the office.

32 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is..."

Aug 12, 2021 - Mid Market Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Made a lot of friends. Free lunch. Nobody really cares about surface-level perks tho ;)

Cons

We all know the saying: "If it's too good to be true, it probably is!" This is VERY true for Verkada. All of the positive reviews exist because leadership picked their favorites and asked them to come on here and write positive reviews. Having worked there for over a year, I feel highly confident in my claim. If you like the following, then this is the place for you: - micromanagement - sexual harassment scandals (google them! it's true!) - being underpaid - having no input to anything whatsoever - getting a new manager every quarter (not kidding - this happened to me and many others) - quarterly raise in your quota but not your comp - paying for parking - the facade of inclusion when underrepresented minorities are continually overlooked - fraternity culture - being forced to go into an office setting when there is A LITERAL GLOBAL PANDEMIC STILL HAPPENING - drug-use in-office (I'm talking the hard stuff) By the way, if you don't pass the demo at the end of Bootcamp -- you'reeee outta there! Godspeed.

24 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This is a company that continues to deliver new opportunities for employees

Jun 23, 2021 - RSM
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great engineering and product team that makes selling this technology both fun and effective - Explosive growth, opportunity is out there for everyone to take advantage of if you put in the work - Verkada is truly the leader in the security industry and there's a lot more ahead

Cons

- We have every tool and resource necessary to be successful, however, you must have the work ethic and mindset to keep up in this fast paced environment - Typical growing start up pains - There were some HR issues in the past, but the company has implemented multiple measures since then to ensure that Verkada will continue to be an awesome place to work for years to come.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Technical Sales Support for Exploding Physical Security Tech Company

Jun 28, 2021 - Enterprise Solutions Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Verkada is innovating in and disrupting a space that has seen very little real innovation in a long time. Physical security solutions are usually bulky, expensive and difficult to maintain and Verkada is changing that with a cloud and software-first approach. Having observed other tech start ups do the same in other areas (i.e. networking) it is really exciting to actually be a part of it. Nearly every day I speak with people that are tired of traditional solutions and want something that's intuitive and doesn't require an inordinate amount of time and money to learn and maintain. Helping to sell the platform and how it can save our customers time and money is a pleasure. As the company releases new product lines we (the Solutions Engineering team) get to learn new things and get creative with customers on how to solve their problems using Verkada's platform. SEs are given quite a bit of freedom to do our own research and testing which is hugely helpful in speaking with customers on how to solve problems. The SE team is very collaborative and eager to help each other learn and grow. And for the most part the sales team really values the role of the SE in sales process. I'm also a remote employee so I enjoy working from home and don't have to contend with the everyday distractions of office life and the trouble of a daily commute.

Cons

SE assignment to sales representatives changes fairly frequently... but that's not really avoidable for a company that's growing and scaling as quickly as Verkada is. This territory and rep assignment changes like this can also complicate compensation... but again I understand how it's not possible to anticipate every little scenario that could affect commissions. SEs can support as many as 6 sales reps at a time which is a tall order. I currently support 4 and it can be difficult at times to manage meetings and travel requirements for 4 reps let alone 6. My least favorite things about this particular role are the monotonous tasks that feel like pointless, busywork college assignments that are boring a take a long time to complete... but to be fair every job has things like this.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews