Vermont Information Processing Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2021

3.5
Vermont Information Processing President Dan Byrnes (no image)
Dan Byrnes
  1. "Great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Implementation

I have been working at Vermont Information Processing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smart people, friendly environment, employee-owned, focus on health and fitness, always challenging you to think/solve problems, no micro management, daycare and cafe on site

Cons

Working managers are very busy

2. "Not Great"

2.0
    Former Employee - Undisclosed

I worked at Vermont Information Processing full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is beer on Fridays.

Cons

It's a pretty stuffy and rigid culture.

Continue reading

3. "Easy, but they don’t really care about their employees"

2.0
    Former Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Colchester, VT

I worked at Vermont Information Processing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy, decent pay. Some of the employees are great.

Cons

They pretend to care about their employees, but really don’t. It’s cliquey as well. Also, they have very clear metrics that keep track of tasks you perform but don’t exactly use that to make employment decisions. I didn’t hear from my direct superior in over a month before I was let go by a higher up.

Continue reading
  4. "solid entry level job"

Former Employee - Data Quality Analyst

I worked at Vermont Information Processing full-time

Pros

has a cool work environment

Cons

the work can be boring

5. "Good job"

Current Employee - Distributor Sales Manager

I have been working at Vermont Information Processing full-time

Pros

Good benefits On-site daycare Full time 9-5 Flexible

Cons

Not the highest paying job

"Fun"

Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in Colchester, VT

I have been working at Vermont Information Processing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Independent work, on-site gym, daycare

Cons

Pay is on the low side

7. COVID-19

"Seriously Misguided"

1.0
    Former Employee - N/A

I worked at Vermont Information Processing full-time

Pros

ESOP, Onsite Daycare, Solid Benefits

Cons

Hop in your time machine to the late 1980s! This place values all the wrong things and promotes/hires people based on nepotism and tenure. Management is all about making decisions based on antiquated ideas about the employer/employee relationship.

Vermont Information Processing Response

November 24, 2020Human Resource Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We always value the opportunity to hear from our employees, past and present, on how we can improve their experience. I’d like to address your comment on hiring and promoting first. In our hiring process, we look for hard working individuals who are hungry to learn and grow in our industry and and reward those who put in the time and effort to do so. When we are looking to fill a managerial role, we always promote from within. Those employees who have worked hard over the years, while demonstrating our company values and commitment to our customers, are the ones we look to first. While I am unsure of what you are referring to in regard to nepotism, we do have a policy in place that prohibits us from hiring the spouse, partner, child or parent of any active employee to avoid any hiring situation that may be construed as questionable. In regard to your advice to VIP - From the very start of the pandemic, VIP has strongly encouraged all employees to telework whenever possible. For many this was an easy transition, however, we found that not everyone’s home life supports a telework situation. When the state advised that it was safe to do so, we reopened our on-site daycare and allowed a limited number of employees to return to the office on their own accord. We are simply aiming to provide a safe work environment for those whose home is not conducive to work and in no way do we favor one working arrangement over another. While we always strive to create a fun and socially interactive work environment for everyone, it would not have been possible to invite the entire company to our annual Pig Roast as we have in the past, given the governor's order on social gatherings. Instead, we decided to throw a small, safe & socially distanced gathering for those employees who were working from the office at the time. The way we see it - if keeping up some of our beloved company traditions is still possible, (albeit on a smaller scale for 2020), we are excited to be able to do so and hope it helped spread a little joy during these difficult times. At VIP we emphasize the importance of our total compensation package, which includes numerous health & wellness benefits, and a very generous retirement plan. This is one way that we take great care of our employee owners for the long haul. Lastly, I’d like to point out that you don’t become an industry leader without innovation. We have been at the forefront of our industry for the past 49 years and have worked tirelessly to create our software products to fit the evolving needs of our customers every step of the way. We are enormously proud of our innovation in the beverage industry and of all of our talented employees who helped make it possible.

8. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - ETL Developer

Pros

Employee Owned Positive attitude Good work life balance Excellent Benefits

Cons

Variable work volume, sometimes crazy busy sometimes very lackluster.

9. "Great Experience, Hard Work, Low Pay, Lots of Air Miles"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Colchester, VT

I worked at Vermont Information Processing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Experience for a first job Basketball lunches are fun Though I did not utilize it, the daycare Lots of air miles, see the country and then the world ESOP

Cons

(was) Low Pay compared to amount of work - but decent for a recent grad and first job

10. "All good except the salary"

Current Employee - Research Data Specialist in Colchester, VT

Pros

Strong company culture. On site daycare. lots of emphasis on employee wellness comes uo in various ways, including health club discounts.

Cons

low salary. not all areas have opportunity for advancement.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 English Reviews