Versa Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Christopher Laudadio

1. "Competitive Pay, Advancement & Promotion Potential, Good Environment"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm a sales rep for Versa Products. I really like my colleagues and the environment is fast paced and family style. The pay is competitive and we get bonuses and commissions so I feel like I am always pushing myself in a good way. I like the CEO, he is a good guy and has always been very fair with me. The company is growing and developing new products all the time which is always great to offer my clients.

Cons

Limited lunch options in the area. Some of the meeting last too long. I'd like to be out in the field more, but otherwise I'm ok working the phones.

Advice to Management

Wish we had more support staff but we manage. If we could have another person dedicated to order fulfillment that would help a lot.

2. "Growing Fast - Actually having fun!!"

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of chances to learn new skills and cross train. Engineering team is growing and there is a lot of room for me to take ownership of part of a project. I thought it was important to write that in the review since thats pretty awesome. The CEO Chris really allows me to come up with creative ways to solve problems as its working within is scope of what his vision is. So those are pros for me.

Cons

Cons as I can see is that the parking is tight and seems to be very little spots left for employees. I guess it not all that big of deal but would also like to see more restaurants and lunch spots around the area but there isn't much.

Advice to Management

Keeping obtaining great equipment

3. "Definitely A Company I See A Future With"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, and Outgoing. It's a great place to work at, with great hours and a pay scale that rewards hard work.

It's like working at Disneyland without the Theme Park, or the Mouse. There is always a smile on everyone's face, and there is always someone willing to give a helping hand, or good advice.

Great work hours. In by 7am, out by 330pm - giving me a great "work - life" balance.

Casual atmosphere, and dress code for most departments.

The owner of this business, as well as the managers, are accessible. I can't really say that about anyone, anywhere else I have worked at.

Cons

None so far, and I don't see any cons in the foreseeable future.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep bringing on winning team players, and we will continue to be a dominant, if not THE dominant force in this industry.

"Easy Company to work at, for a stressful industry."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great Product sells itself
    CEO Chris, very busy somehow finds time to let us know what a great job we do
    Easy Schedule
    They are not over your shoulder like other companies, they let you do your job

Cons

Some Management can be a little dramatic, but not over the top.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Progressive company. Great Owner who leads by example.

Cons

N/A have have nothing negative to say about Versa

Advice to Management

Keep family values

6. "Ability to Grow at this Los Angeles Furniture Company with Opportunities for Advancement"

Current Employee - Engineering in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a recent engineering graduate and I have been working for Thrive/Versa Tables while I was finishing my degree. I have learned the ropes with all the hands on learning Versa Products has afforded me. As engineers we are many times relegated to boring projects. What I like about Thrive is that I am able to draw inspiration from mid-century modern styles and make them for an updated lifestyle.

I will be staying at this company for the foreseeable future. I like my co-workers. I like the environment. I like being able to walk into the factory and do testing immediately. It's a test lab at my fingertips and I appreciate that we can work with the craftsmen in a creative workplace.

Cons

Not the greatest neighborhood. But the food truck comes twice daily so you don't have to leave. The early hours are hard for the first 2 weeks but now I can't imagine not starting my day at 7am.

Advice to Management

Just like everyone else, I'd like more consistent promotions, but I think they are coming. I have already received a couple, but it is always nice to know that you are valued.

"I'm on the fence about this company."

I worked at Versa Products full-time

Pros

The compensation was above average and weekly. The dress code is casual and the work environment is relaxed. The company makes good products and you can certainly be proud to work here. The people are very nice as well. I've met the CEO once or twice and he was always nice and pleasant to speak with. My supervisors were also really great guys. Always opportunity to move up and take on more responsibilities.

Cons

No health benefits but I think there's some sort of rebate program you can take advantage of. The work environment is too relaxed; to the point where professionalism is completely out the window. Turnover is extremely high. People get laid off CONSTANTLY (it's a running joke to see whose going to get the axe next). The departments do not cooperate with each other due to personal vendettas, immaturity, and sometimes incompetence. The CEO didn't inspire confidence in managers which lead to insubordination and disrespect. You can blame the managers but ultimately responsibility falls on the CEO. There were also pay freezes, bonus freezes, and hiring freezes.

Advice to Management

My advice to the CEO is to set a business casual dress policy. The culture needs to change into one of professionalism and competence. I appreciate the forward-looking approach but it wasn't working when I was there. The constant state of uncertainty in employees because they don't know if they'll be there next month is no way to run a business and is ultimately detrimental to the prosperity of the business.

8. "Versa Has Helped Me Achieve the American Dream - I Really Like Working Here"

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office/factory communication and collaboration is good because both are on site and can function together. Upward mobility opportunities. English & Spanish language company. I feel good about the products I'm selling. There is more, but yes, the lunch trucks are good.

Cons

Honestly, the neighborhood is iffy, but has gotten better. There is secured parking so it's not a big deal and it's totally fine in the daytime.

Advice to Management

I have worked for Versa for 4 years and I completely disagree with the comments below. I enjoy my job at Versa and I believe that the statements above are nothing more then a final, sad attempt to bully and tarnish a company that they undermined. They should leave with dignity but this continued sabotage should reflect on them, not Versa.

In the last quarter of 2013 the company had some needed personnel changes. The office is so much better without them.

Versa employees a huge amount of craftsman in Los Angeles to proudly manufacture quality, beautifully designed - MADE IN AMERICA products. Its an intensive, difficult, product line to manufacture, but the fact that the company has been around so long and been profitable EVERY year proves that they are doing something RIGHT. I am thankful that there are companies like this, proving that things don't have to be outsourced to China all the time.

Since the departure of the people that have left the derogatory comments, the vibe and ethos of the company has been remarkably better. It has been a clear move in the right direction - all under the leadership of Christopher Laudadio. Like it or not, he has built something for himself and the dozens of employees that is worthy of recognition. He gives back to the community, he has overcome this turn over and will continue to persevere. I look forward to continuing to work at Versa - hopefully for a long time.

"The owner wrote the 1 5 star review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of employees. Learning how not to run a business by watching Chris. 3 different lunch trucks

Cons

Chris Laudadio. Chris Laudadio's ego and inability to understand simple concepts such as business. Watching him drive the company into a wall

Advice to Management

Read "CEO for dummies".

Versa Products Response

Jan 13, 2014 – president

Versa Products experienced explosive growth during 2010 - 2013. Our unique business model of eCommerce, selling to the end user, and manufacturing here in the USA created many obstacles and ... More

10. "Proud to be part of the team"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Versa about 2 months now and I only have good things to say. I wasn't too sure about Versa until I came in to check out the facility and interviewed with Brian Harris. He did a really good job showing me what the company is all about and getting straight to the point without any smoke and mirrors. He mentioned there is a lot of room for growth and there definitely is. In the short period I've been here there has already been several opportunities for growth. The CEO Chris Laudadio is probably one of the coolest bosses I've had yet. He is extremely knowledgeable and involved with his employees. This was a huge surprise to me in comparison to other companies I've worked for in the past. Everyone here is really nice and easy to get along with. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a comfortable work environment.

Cons

There aren't a lot of good places to eat around the area.