Versa Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Christopher Laudadio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "High Stress But Very Rewarding"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Versa Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on what position you apply for you get to work directly with the Owner/CEO which can be intimidating but there is no room for error- The owner is young professional and gets down to business no BS awesome mentor . He is wrongly accused on here by ignorant two faced ungrateful employees , Yes the 5 star reviews are posted by employees isn't that what glassdoor is about? Back to the perks : Generous Salary, Decent Benefits, Company wide contest and nice xmas Carne Asadas/BBQ-Party - If you break sales quotas you may even get a Ferrari for a weekend! HR was very kind & patient with the personal issues I had at the time that were affecting my performance. Its really like being part of a family..

Cons

The parking -- working with brown nosed peps that go home and post bad reviews is annoying but if you focus on your job you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Go Pro , Wonderful durable made in U.S.A. product lets give it maximum exposure ..

"I have been working at Versa Products full-time"

Pros

Can learn a lot from the work environment

Cons

CEO needs to learn and understand how things and people work before pushing his ideas and expect for results.
    stuck on endless loop of trying to better the company and getting nowhere.

Advice to Management

Stockholm syndrome is at affect.

"Cool Building"

I worked at Versa Products full-time

Pros

The environment itself is pretty cool. It's a place where tangible things actually get made, which is nice.

Cons

But the structure of the company is not so great. It's sort of plagued by accounting and infrastructural problems which don't seem to be going away any time soon.

"No Direction"

I worked at Versa Products full-time

Pros

Good pay to keep you on-board as long as possible

Cons

- Revolving door of new hires and interns made projects incredibly difficult to maintain.

- New ideas and suggested improvements to workflow are "welcome and encouraged" unless the owner disagrees, at which point you may be looking for a new job.

- Hiring of "friends" and frequent additions to inventory make no sense - dresses, handbags, and many other pet projects supplemented the furniture for no reason but to "help out a friend"

- Direct line of communication with owner results in many requests to make things top priority, often in direct contradiction to previous instructions. Expectations and deadlines change on a seemingly hourly basis.

- Some products advertised one way but delivered another (i.e. a certain component shown in metal on website, shipped made of plastic) with no warning or replacement "unless customers complain about it"

- Derogatory language in reference to clients and coworkers occurred more often than should be acceptable

- Overall company organization was dismal

Dec 20, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Versa Products Response:

NO DIRECTION:

It appears that these negative reviews have been written by the same individual with ill intention. Note: ​It has been brought to our attention that Glass... More

5. "Competitive Pay, Advancement & Promotion Potential, Good Environment"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm a sales rep for Versa Products. I really like my colleagues and the environment is fast paced and family style. The pay is competitive and we get bonuses and commissions so I feel like I am always pushing myself in a good way. I like the CEO, he is a good guy and has always been very fair with me. The company is growing and developing new products all the time which is always great to offer my clients.

Cons

Limited lunch options in the area. Some of the meeting last too long. I'd like to be out in the field more, but otherwise I'm ok working the phones.

Advice to Management

Wish we had more support staff but we manage. If we could have another person dedicated to order fulfillment that would help a lot.

"Not surprised by these fake positive reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You go in early and leave early. Really, that's about the only good thing going on around here.

Cons

CEO talks bad about employees, including managers, to other employees. He always changes his mind which causes delays in product launches. Or we launch a product that isn't ready and lose a ton of money on it (happened recently). Chris will put together different compensation plans for employees and not honor them. He gets a kick out of getting people to accept a lower salary and getting rid of them whenever he pleases. We all know this goes on but we put on a fake smile whenever he is around. I've seen so many good people come and go in the last year! I'm just waiting for the right job offer to come around my way. I wish I had known how dysfunctional this place was before I joined. Now I'm stuck but hey it's a paycheck. Unless you have absolutely no options and you just want some kind of income I suggest looking somewhere else. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Advice to Management

I wish Chris (CEO) would trust the management team that was brought in and let everyone do their jobs. Also, it hurts morale when we know the owner talks bad about employees and bs's us with money he knows he won't pay us.

Jun 24, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

As a manager at Versa, I would like to respond to this review. It is rather harsh and factually inaccurate. Yes, we have restructured our sales teams compensation structure in order to identify and... More

"Run for your life"

I worked at Versa Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn all about a non functioning business and learn what not to do.

Cons

Absolutely a terrible place to work. Don't waist your time and energy. This is not a place to build your career. All the 5 star reviews are actually face and submitted by employees.
    Chris (the CEO/OWNER) is an idiot who is on drugs and changes his mind every minute. He will drive you crazy and then will get rid of you. DON"T WORK HERE!

Advice to Management

Do something else. You are not a business man.

May 26, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We would like to offer a reply to this review and express our disappointment in what was left on this site. Within the company, our staff is surprised and hurt by these false comments. The defamatory... More

8. "Proud to be part of the team"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Versa about 2 months now and I only have good things to say. I wasn't too sure about Versa until I came in to check out the facility and interviewed with Brian Harris. He did a really good job showing me what the company is all about and getting straight to the point without any smoke and mirrors. He mentioned there is a lot of room for growth and there definitely is. In the short period I've been here there has already been several opportunities for growth. The CEO Chris Laudadio is probably one of the coolest bosses I've had yet. He is extremely knowledgeable and involved with his employees. This was a huge surprise to me in comparison to other companies I've worked for in the past. Everyone here is really nice and easy to get along with. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a comfortable work environment.

Cons

There aren't a lot of good places to eat around the area.

9. "Growing Fast - Actually having fun!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of chances to learn new skills and cross train. Engineering team is growing and there is a lot of room for me to take ownership of part of a project. I thought it was important to write that in the review since thats pretty awesome. The CEO Chris really allows me to come up with creative ways to solve problems as its working within is scope of what his vision is. So those are pros for me.

Cons

Cons as I can see is that the parking is tight and seems to be very little spots left for employees. I guess it not all that big of deal but would also like to see more restaurants and lunch spots around the area but there isn't much.

Advice to Management

Keeping obtaining great equipment

10. "This is a place to grow"

I have been working at Versa Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow
    Great Pay
    Chill and relax environment
    Great working hours
    Great co workers and employees
    Company has a great product and it's growing really fast

Cons

The company is still getting organized and structured, so it may be rough around the edges but nothing big deal.