Versatile Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Versatile Communications Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2018

Found 8 reviews

3.2
Versatile Communications CEO John Barker (no image)
John Barker

"Trainer/Facilitator"

Trainer/Facilitator in Providence, RI

I worked at Versatile Communications for more than 3 years

Pros

Best company EVER! John Barker is the best "boss" you could work for, because he treats his employees like consultants rather than minions and trusts them to get the work done.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons. Support here was fantastic.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the trust you place in your people

Versatile Communications2017-01-17

"Exciting growth and renewed focus!"

I have been working at Versatile Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company stays ahead of technology to take care of customers. Great energy on the sales teams. Engineering and sales work well together. Negative employees have left or were no longer tolerated. (It’s much better for those of us that have remained). Senior management is doing better at communicating where we are headed. People in the company and outside seem excited and confident about the growth and direction of... the company with the new structure and people within company.

Cons

Long hours. Some people struggle with letting go of the past.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! It’s working!

Versatile Communications2018-04-10

"Great People, Not so great management"

I worked at Versatile Communications full-time

Pros

This company really does give you the potential to grab hold and take over whatever technology the company and yourself see fit. Good benefits and great people. Excellent Engineering staff pleasure to work with.

Cons

Management, HR and Finance Dept. The Eningeering staff is what keeps this company going. There are no sales. HR and Finance staff are more political than they are ethical, if you are not in their circle then you do not matter. Management does have little or no direction. What made this company great at first has quickly swung a 180, what used to have a purpose is mostly pointing no where, almost... directionless.

Versatile Communications2018-01-29

"Excellent Company for IT Sales Folks"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Versatile Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice company and good people, but in my case, I was a Cisco oriented individual and they are not a Cisco shop, therefore I had no fit among the MSP environment, which drove me to a lack of confidence from their point of view in my abilities to perform IT works. But I do not have any negative comments towards the company and I am grateful that I had a job for over 2 years with them. If the MSP manager is still there,... I have great respect for him and he is a manager many people would want to work for.

Cons

Sales oriented MSP, not much to look for in regards to developing oneself as a Network System Professional.

Advice to Management

The President you hired in 2014 to supposedly structure the business to the better came to destroy your company terminating great talented individuals in the Professional Services, Managed Services, and Sales unjustly and had no intention of making the company better. Please do not do the same mistake again.

Versatile Communications2017-04-13

"Where to even begin"

I have been working at Versatile Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary and average benefits. The pro and managed services teams really are the lifeblood of this place. Really dedicated group of guys.

Cons

Here is where it gets really disheartening. The operations side of the house (HR, finance, office management) is a real problem. From unnecessary gossip to unprofessional behavior, it really makes working here extremely difficult. Trying to approach HR is like asking your parent to go out after getting grounded; walking in at the start of the day and saying good morning to the front desk and not getting a response.... Not a good experience at all. I do not see a lasting future here for myself or some of the new folk at all. There are way too many unnecessary "clicks" that make the culture and environment toxic.

Advice to Management

I would seriously recommend doing a complete overhaul of HR and finance. Source people with people skills to make newcomers welcome.

Versatile Communications2017-04-25

"Great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Versatile Communications full-time

Pros

Opportunities for growth, great benefits - especially for a small company (or any company for that matter), ability for sales and technical people to get trained and certified excellent, they take care of their employees, flexible work schedule as long as you do you work, management is very approachable, they are open to new ideas that will help the company grow, pay is competitive.

Cons

Hours can be long sometimes, but your work is recognized. Management has struggled with communication in the past, however they have/are making significant improvements.

Versatile Communications2017-01-05

"Management is their own worse enemy"

I have been working at Versatile Communications

Pros

Great pay and affordable benefits. The majority of the people are helpful, professional and interested in doing the right thing for the customer.

Cons

Employees not aware of company direction and goals. Sales reps have no quotas. Engineers overworked. Each project feels like it's the first one the company has performed. Understaffed engineering team.

Advice to Management

None

Versatile Communications2015-04-03
  8. "weak"

I worked at Versatile Communications part-time

Pros

none that i can think of.

Cons

No communication skills from the company.

Versatile Communications2018-10-01