Vertafore Reviews | Glassdoor

Vertafore Reviews

Updated December 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great teams and an awesome work-life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Great People and great location of the Bothell office (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management does not know what they are doing (in 25 reviews)

• Not enough transparency, senior management turnover (in 11 reviews)

"Project Manager"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Team atmosphere - no one hesitates to lend their expertise when asked.

Cons

Headquarters is moving from Bothell, WA to Denver, CO. Due to incentives offered by the state of CO, vast majority of Bothell positions are also being moved to Denver. So much product knowledge is being let go, hopefully customers won't notice.

TVW Vignettes

One of the reasons we appreciate Glassdoor is the ability for our employees (past and present) to leave feedback that we can learn from. Your review is a great example of this as... More

"Profits over Customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, although that's changing. Some fun benefits (free espresso in Bothell).

Cons

Since the recent ownership change, decisions are being made based on shareholder interests rather than what will be good for customers. Most employees in Bothell are being let go, which is going to be a huge loss of knowledge and experience for the company. The company was actually paid by the city of Denver to move HQ there.

Advice to Management

Thinking you can hire people and ramp them up in three months to do the jobs of people who had 5+ years of experience when they started in that job is a mistake.

Aug 15, 2017 – Senior Manager, Communications

Thanks for eight years of service with us. We appreciate your candor and feelings around recent changes in our Bothell office as we know this is a significant time of transition. While this office... More

"So far, so good - and optimistic for the future"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

The people have been incredible to work with from my first interview contact through now.

The benefits, pay, time off, and culture are exceptional.

Cons

So far, there are a lot of ongoing changes. It feels hard to get your feet under you when everyday there's another big announcement (both good and bad). Lots of excitement in the Denver office but more cynical employees in Bothell because of large layoffs.

Advice to Management

Provide clear and honest communication with employees as soon as possible to share vision and direction so employees don't feel they are floating out alone with no view of what's to come.

Jun 30, 2017 – Communications Manager

We’re excited to hear you’re enjoying your new role within Vertafore and our new Denver office. As we’ve expressed in earlier reviews, we agree that the company and our employees have experienced... More

"Bright Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great teams and an awesome work-life balance. Fun environment with a lot of forward movement and growth opportunities. The Denver office is growing like crazy!

Cons

Some lack of communication between exec board and employees, but getting better with monthly updates.

Advice to Management

Keep employee communication a top priority.

Aug 15, 2017 – Senior Manager, Communications

Congratulations on joining the team and thanks for stopping by to leave a review! We’re excited to learn about new employees enjoying their onboarding experience and the great team we’re building in... More

"Not bad, but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good work life/ family life balance, most people are very nice and helpful, good pay, relaxed environment

Cons

chaotic transition to the Denver office at the moment, very poor training of new employees I had no work to do the first two weeks I got there and then once I was trained I did not receive very good quality training, lack of good management- I often felt like I didn't know what I was supposed to do or what was expected of me, a bit too casual of an environment- people often on their phones or hanging out instead of working

Advice to Management

Train your managers better. They build the company by building their team. We know there is a lot going on with the transition now but it just isn't right to have the new hires sitting around for weeks and have people have no clue what their job is. That's up to their managers giving them good training and building a strong effective team.

Aug 15, 2017 – Senior Manager, Communications

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us, which we’ll share with both our onboarding team and our Executive Team. You’re correct in that all employees, regardless of their home... More

"Too much change too quickly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn but only in a hectic work environment. Benefits are OK, but not great. Company seems financially stable.

Cons

Massive attrition and lay offs with no real plan on how to replace / transition employees duties, and little to no leadership involvement in resolving the pains of the day to day caused by those decisions. People are treated like commodities and "easily" replaced, no real attempt to retain good employees - very questionable decisions regarding layoffs and office closures. Company is sold to potential candidates as "start up feel" which is just a scapegoat for no planning and little leadership.

Advice to Management

Slow down and actually create plans and assist in transitions instead of making unrealistic demands of people and making no attempt to retain talent.

"Growth is Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vertafore (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Family environment that makes coming to work enjoyable. Very talented team.

Cons

None to think of . The company is a market leader that continues to find best practices to implement.

Advice to Management

Continue the culture. Keep hiring the best and brightest. Stay as transparent as possible.

Aug 15, 2017 – Senior Manager, Communications

We’re very happy to hear that you continue to enjoy both your team as well as feel extremely positive about the company’s bright outlook. We agree that our family, start-up like environment is one of... More

"Customer Service and billing representative"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, Great perks, free food and coffee.
    Good pay
    Decent Benefits
    Free Parking
    Relaxed family atmosphere
    Great monthly activities (Ex. going out for breakfast or lunch with the department)

Cons

Upper Management does not know what they are doing. They make poor decisions without consulting middle management. Everything is driven by the bottom line but they do not think about how their actions can adversely affect the business.

Advice to Management

Start talking to your employees. Realize that they might have some insights to the day to day operations that could help you achieve your financial goals.

Aug 15, 2017 – Senior Manager, Communications

We appreciate your honesty and feedback regarding our management team. At Vertafore, we strive to create an environment that promotes transparency and collaboration. If you have suggestions to make... More

"Vertafore's best qualities are gone - the people!"

Current Employee - Professional Services Team Member in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Team Member in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coffee bar is still in Bothell! Otherwise, not much else.

Cons

What I could once say was the top pro about Vertafore has disappeared. The people were one of the biggest reasons to work here - everyone is easy going, happy to be here, and acted as one big team. For a big company, it felt smaller because you knew people no matter what team or department, and every role had a name to associate. Now with every mass exit of people every couple of months, (laying off hundreds only to hire hundreds of "fresh" people in Denver), the culture has changed and it's hard to know who does what. There are no longer "faces" to reach out to but instead groups with a generic team alias. I only hope our customers don't start to feel the same decline and notice a "different Vertafore".

Advice to Management

It's going to be tough to keep talent. Your employees aren't numbers, they're people. Comradery goes a long way!

10. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Some of the best management around with great opportunity to grow within the company as they are practically starting from the ground up.

Cons

There is lots of change happening internally

Aug 15, 2017 – Senior Manager, Communications

Thanks for your feedback of our management team! We’re thrilled you’re enjoying growth opportunities here at Vertafore as promoting from within is one of our top initiatives.