Vertical Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor

Steven Squashic

"Professional Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Professional Sales Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Professional Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Vertical Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very family oriented, quality team members, and super fun to work for. They work hard and they play hard.

Cons

Upper management can be very harsh at times, especially if you are not a top performer. Do not work for this company if you are not ready to work hard yourself. They work hard and they play hard!!! I said it twice because it can be a pro & a con.

Advice to Management

My immediate manager allowed me to be an adult and did not micromanage me. The management above her dropped the hammer unnecessarily on all the reps at times when we really needed more encouragement. Constructive criticism works best, not just criticism!

2. "District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vertical Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great small pharma working culture

Cons

Small company more susseptable to be purchased as it was in November of 2015.

3. "Love Everyone I Work With"

Pros

Great small pharma culture to work for

Cons

Salary low compared to other companies

5. "work there to get experience, then move on"

I worked at Vertical Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

was able to excel b/c of my work ethic and skill sets. in fact, won two presidents trips. enjoyed selling the products a lot. good products at that time. use to pay good bonus back then.

Cons

they low ball your salary despite the experience you bring. will not promote from within despite. its a co. that upper management is building wealth for themselves, not building a culture or a career. can't trust that they are honest with prescriptions counts for IC purposes to reward the reps and not favor certain reps.

Advice to Management

see cons. build a company instead of a balance sheet. build trust for once. be honest.

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Vertical Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Enjoyed my Manager. easy going and pleasant. Sometimes is was tough to reach him.

Cons

Lack of communication from the very start. Hiring process took much longer than the company relayed. I felt like I had to chase the Hiring Regional Manager. After several weeks I finally received communication on the next step. Now that I have been with company in the womens healthcare, it is disappointing with what they require that was not discussed during interview. My territory does not make sense that I have to travel 3 hours for one account that is the largest, I am hoping they will eventually have a new or current rep who is closer cover the one account. I ended up finding a new job.

Advice to Management

the geography needs to be reevaluated. Placing a rep where the majority of accounts are based makes sense!!! to travel to the largest account almost 3 hours away and have to be there very early is just not realistic.

"VERY shady and unprofessional inner workings of upper management"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Vertical Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

The only Pro really is that in the past they truly rewarded top performers...now its completely backwards

Cons

Poor communication with upper mgmt, Very shady business, will make up stories to get you fired if need be

Advice to Management

Stop gossiping about your subordinates, treat them with respect