Verve, a Credit Union Reviews

4.9
  1. "Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Consultant in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Verve, a Credit Union is committed to investing in our team members through servant leadership training, an amazing wellness program, and by having a fun and relaxed culture. I've been with the credit union for over 15 years, starting as a teller, and now working in the IT department. I love coming to work every day because I do work that matters and get to work with people that matter to me too! We're also committed to investing in our community through working with the schools, hosting and sponsoring community events, and doing Random Acts of Verve (RAV). Many of these are ran by our Marketing team, but the rest of the team also has the opportunity to volunteer for some of these events.

Cons

I can't think of any cons for a person that's looking to work here.

2. "Good Culture"

Current Employee - Operations Leader

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time

Pros

The company is lucky to be hiring the people they are!! The people are truly amazing and are what make this company

Cons

Constant change cant seem to decide on a structure of the organization. Unhonest leaders

3. "You WANT to work here!"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is by far the BEST company I have worked for. I am challenged each day to grow, given the tools and resources I need, and am supported by everyone. The culture here is one you wont find everywhere. You are able and encouraged to be the person YOU are and not what a company wants you to be. The ability to use your voice, and have it heard is one of the most rewarding attributes of it all. You have the ability and the freedom to take your career to whatever level you desire, and will be supported the entire way. Verve is a place of HIGH energy and fun- all the time! There is never a day where I am not excited to go to work, to do what I love to do, and best of all serve the team, and our members!

Cons

The speed at which changes happen, can be overwhelming, but is also rewarding in the end

4. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Member Advocate in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started at Verve in 2015 after graduating college and loved working for a company that cares. I was promoted multiple times as they continued to push me to be my best self and to realize my full potential. In 2018 I decided to accept a position outside Verve. I soon realized the team where I was and the company did not even come close to what I had even though it pertained to my degree. After nine months I contacted HR to return and they warmly welcomed me back even though they knew I would be going on maternity leave in a month. Verve invests in their work family. Being a part of a team that is supportive of my work life and home life is constant. I appreciate the people that I work with because they have become family even after leaving and being relocated to another branch. When I returned, the same positive, upbeat, willing to help, encouraging me to grow as an individual and that home feeling is still there. The culture here is amazing and is hard to find.

Cons

I have no Cons at this time

5. "Second Home"

Current Employee - Talent Development Coordinator in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Verve feels like home or sometimes better than home! ;) We have a culture that is so magnetizing--the guiding principles we have in place that form our behaviors allow us to treat each other with deep respect and care every single day! I literally go to work eager to walk in the door and as I walk out, I have this gigantic smile on my face, as I say to myself "I'm so blessed to work here--I LOVE this place! The people I get to work with every day are INCREDIBLE!" This is my normal since I've been at Verve for 4 years now, but I'm often reminded by friends and family how rare my work experience is in this world. I often hear "I wish my company's culture was like yours". If you're unfulfilled with your current employer, find a place that feels like home, the way Verve does for me--you deserve it!

Cons

Literally, the only thing I can think of as a 'hurdle' as a result of working at Verve is that my expectations of people are so high now (because the people I work with are so great since we have guiding principles within our company to develop us and guide us to be better humans). Because of this, I find myself wishing everyone acted like "my Verve family" (aka: easily frustrated with others' behavior)! ;)

Continue reading
  6. "Want to be part of our Team and ENJOY work?"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Verve continues to be the best place for me to work. Verve encourages us to lead from our position to create a positive and productive environment while having FUN! We also have a wellness program that helps us be mindful, active, and stay engaged with our team.

Cons

Is it a bag thing to enjoy work too much?!

Continue reading
  7. "Great place to work a great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Director of Community Partnerships in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Community; team; culture; fun; opportunities ;flexibility

Cons

need more business products to service market segments

Continue reading

"The culture is focused on family!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love working at Verve, a Credit Union because of culture. The mindset is one of growth, both personally and professionally. Everyday, I practice tools that can be utilized in a working environment AND in a family environment. Family is important to Verve, a Credit Union, and they allow and encourage the work/life balance.

Cons

I cannot think of any downsides. Competitive wage, great culture, excellent benefits, family environment, growth mindset are all great things about the organization.

9. "I love this place"

Current Employee - Learning & Development Content Designer in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Verve....we are invested in growing our team members to allow them to fully care for our members' needs. We offer opportunities for personal and professional growth and really care about our team members' engagement in what they are doing in their role and what we are doing for our members and communities. I have been with Verve for almost 12 years and have been able to create a career path that honors who I am and what I am passionate about. During these 12 years I have welcomed two children, and our youngest son has special needs. My team leaders have happily accommodated long periods of time out of the office to care for him, as well as surprise appointments where I text from the hospital and say we have to stay overnight. During these absences my entire team pitched in and covered for me so I could focus on our baby. I don't know that I could find this flexibility anywhere else that also comes with a team who supports me through these challenging times. It's really as great as it sounds...you should work here!

Cons

I can't think of any, but I didn't want to leave the space blank.

Continue reading
  10. "This company embodies the Servant Leadership philosophy!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at Verve, a Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company embodies the Servant Leadership philosophy! From the top down they truly care about their team members. Every team member is encouraged and empowered to lead from their position. This positive approach and attitude then cascades down to how we treat our members and provide them with a sincere and awesome experience!

Cons

While updated systems are on the horizon, the current sales tracking and operational systems are not yet integrated.

Found 19 reviews