VetCor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Dan Adams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The "Work & Life Balance" for me has been amazing" (in 5 reviews)

• "I have been an Associate Veterinarian and Chief of Staff for Vetcor since 2013" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Been part of Vetcor since 2013 and really have no complaints" (in 5 reviews)

• "The management was under so much pressure from the corporate office regarding numbers" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Veterinary Student Life"

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician Assistant in Royston, GA
    Former Employee - Veterinary Technician Assistant in Royston, GA

I worked at VetCor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They seem to care about and keep in contact with the Veterinary Students that have worked for their practices, and reach out to them every so often which is wonderful way to try to bring those students back into the VetCor family

Cons

I was leaving to go to vet school right when the transition was taking place with VetCor. I think that initial meeting with VetCor/Owners of the clinic and Staff members their was a little bit of a disconnect between Corporate and the Owners of the practice. I feel that meeting should be planned out thoroughly on what the Staff need to hear, such as vacation rolling over, If you still have PTO will the Owners still pay that out before the buy out, things of that nature. Instead of staff members asking questions but neither party has a great answer. SO maybe VetCor should help in prepping future Acquisition Owners on what to do and what things to expect as far as questions go from their employees. Because a lot of employees felt really uneasy after that meeting.

2. "Hospital Manager"

Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Johnston, IA
    Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Johnston, IA

I have been working at VetCor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company cares about their employees

Cons

Can’t think if anything specific

3. "Elevated the individual in a corporate model"

Current Employee - Chief of Staff in Rocky Mount, VA
    Current Employee - Chief of Staff in Rocky Mount, VA

I have been working at VetCor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Each practice is allowed complete autonomy to prectice their best medicine in their community with their clients. What the corporate side adds is the most amazing support. Everything from highly skilled IT, marketing, accounting, and so many more... all there to support the hard working doctors and staff and growth of each individual practice. VetCor has made all my childhood dreams of what it could mean to be a vet an everyday reality. I should have partnered with then 10 years earlier. I LOVE MY JOB!

Cons

Absolutely none. At the end of the day the corporate office just wants to see each practices individual success.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your amazing teams and giving them the space to grow and thrive.

4. "Great Learning Hospital"

Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in North Windham, CT
    Former Employee - Veterinary Technician in North Windham, CT

I worked at VetCor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dr. Shemer is very good at teaching, and explaining different disease processes. He really let me grow into this field. There's a family feel with the staff.

Cons

If youre scheduled to work saturdays, youll never get them off. long days with not a lot of time/days off to decompress

5. "My opinion of working at Vetcor"

Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Brick, NJ
    Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Brick, NJ

I have been working at VetCor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel Vetcor cares about an employees overall well being and success at their place of employment. Even though we are only a 2 Doctor practice, we receive the same commitment from all levels of the corporate office.
         They share the corporate success with all of their practices which gives us more motivation to achieve higher goals

Cons

It is hard to answer this question, since in my 6 years I really have never had a problem.

6. "Very friendly, understanding and accommodating"

Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Matteson, IL
    Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Matteson, IL

I have been working at VetCor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They were very accommodating about my surgical leave and were very understanding about my return.

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment

7. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Veterinarian Chief of Staff in Brookeville, MD
    Current Employee - Veterinarian Chief of Staff in Brookeville, MD

I have been working at VetCor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They bought my practice two years ago and it has been seamless and wonderful!
    Best decision ever!

Cons

None, would do it again in a heartbeat!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, letting successful hospitals continue to be successful!

8. "Change Is Good!!!"

Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Hospital Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at VetCor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in the veterinary industry since 1999. Anytime I have been a part of transition from private practice to a corporate practice, it has not been a pleasant transition...until NOW!! Corporate company's always say we don't want to change anything and what do you know, before you know it everything had changed. Well, VetCor has proved me wrong is this transition! There have been some definite changes, don't get me wrong, but in this case, VetCor has made it a point to not interfere with the way our hospital practices medicine! This aspect is extremely important to me because, in the past I have seen too many practices go from providing great patient care to mediocre medicine due to corporate changes. I feel as though VetCor has an amazing understanding of what it takes to provide amazing support without feeling the necessity to micromanage their hospitals individual protocols. Don't get me wrong, they have their own guidelines for those hospitals who need some guidance and direction but will not enforce their own just because they can. I love VetCor's way of thinking and could not see myself partnering with anyone else!

Cons

To be completely honest, it's been 6 months since we partnered with VetCor and I have received nothing but the best support and guidance from them since day one.

9. "Our hospital was purchased by Vetcor 6 months ago"

Current Employee - Lead Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at VetCor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Vetcor has been a very nice change. I did not expect it to be. They have not asked us to make any changes in how we treat the pets or our clients and they haven't asked us to change our prices in any way. They updated our computers, software, and radiology equipment. They gave everyone a raise and more payed vacation days. We keep waiting for something bad to happen, but they just keep treating us better and better.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I really liked the former owner and miss him, but I'm glad he was able to retire comfortably.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything at the moment.

10. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at VetCor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is an amazing company. I admit when I first heard our practice was sold to a corporation I had so many concerns. (was my job safe, what would change, etc) The entire company makes sure new employees are comfortable and have all the questions answered. The benefits are superb . There really are no changes to everyday life in your practice (unless you want things to change) I have had nothing but positive things happen since they took over the clinic that I worked for. If you get a chance to work for them...........TAKE IT!!!!!

Cons

There really are none in my opinion