VetCor Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 6, 2020

3.8
VetCor President and CEO Dan Adams (no image)
Dan Adams
Pros
  • "They believe in a work-life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Working with animals was the only good thing(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Been part of Vetcor since 2013 and really have no complaints(in 5 reviews)

• "If you make a mistake you will be shamed in front of other staff members(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

Sep 6, 2020 - Veterinary Assistant in Carmel, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid time off Paid sick time Health insurance Vision and dental for low prices Yearly raise Excellent work life balance Gave state sick time for In case you get covid.

Cons

Breaks could be longer...30 minute break is not a lot of time!

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Glassdoor. Good to know about the breaks. Thanks so much for everything you do taking care of your clients and patients! - Al

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not your typical veterinary corporation

Aug 26, 2020 - Certified Veterinary Technician/Hospital Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

VetCor cares deeply and genuinely about their employees and communities. They believe in a work-life balance. Best hose wonderful things, they also allow practices to lead and grow with their own individual entrepreneurial spirits. VetCor is a stupendous practice support company, believing each practice knows what's best for themselves while offering guidance and support at every corner.

Cons

Lots of IT issues and no local IT support, only remote. This requires in practice staff to do repairs, installs and trouble shooting taking time away from daily operational needs with clients and staff.

Chief People Officer

We appreciate the time you took to provide us with feedback, both in the things that a working and those that could be better. We will pass this along to our head of IT. - Al

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful company to work for!

Jun 30, 2020 - Corporate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance, great benefits, fantastic people.

Cons

I have no cons to list.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are constantly challenging ourselves to make life better for our employees!

4. 5.0

AWESOME PLACE

May 21, 2020 - Veterinary Assistant in Magnolia, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The managers are super caring and compassionate, the doctors are wonderful

Cons

Work life balance is difficult, the job itself is mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting. It takes a strong person

Chief People Officer

Thank you for the review and feedback. We are so happy to have tenured people like yourself part of the VetCor family of practices. VetCor has been investing in support and benefits for our employees to help them balance the demands they are facing. I hope you are able to take advantage of these to support you during this difficult time!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very Happy

Mar 7, 2020 - Veterinarian in Lithia, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Pre-existing practice culture remains. I prefer a more conservative work environment and I have not embraced current liberal practices that are forced in other corporate environments. I am a seasoned practitioner - graduated in 1988 and I have seen tremendous changes - some terrible - in this profession. Vet Cor is a refreshing reprise of how practice used to be. I enjoy work-life balance without the drama. It is great to come to work and practice my art and go home tired and satisfied. The team is cooperative, friendly and happy. We are paid well and enjoy regular bonuses. The benefits are competitive and affordable. I am glad I made the decision to work here.

Cons

It is difficult to connect with HQ directly. There is a chain of command that employees must go through both up the flag-pole, then back down the flag-pole that sometimes interferes with communication.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fabulous corporation!

Feb 2, 2020 - General Manager in Niles, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love VetCor! They spend a lot of time and effort on work/life balance and health and well being. This is a corporation that really cares about its people. They let practices run as they would if they were small business and then only step in if asked or needed. There’s a huge community to collaborate with and you feel like you are a part of a team.

Cons

Hard to pinpoint cons as each practice runs as their own. I noticed in several hospitals that the HM took all the responsibility regardless of chief of staff involvement. Some COS are better vets than management and seem to be untouchable.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's a mixed bag

Jan 21, 2019 - CCR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The veterinarians are incredible. The hospital as a whole is amazing with the clients. Most of the clients are super!

Cons

Work life balance in interupted with the crazy work schedule, closing one day and opening the next, the culture of the CCR desk is in need of repair, all employees are NOT held accountable for actions while on the job. The pay does not reflect the work load. Formal training on the front end is non-existant.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Feb 5, 2018 - Client Service Specialist in Gray, ME
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at this company for a little over a year as a Client Care Specialist. I had previously worked at a small, veterinary office before I moved and started here. I was nervous starting here, because I had never worked at a vet office that was owned by a corporation. I was, however, very pleasantly surprised. I don't feel restricted or micromanaged by any corporate policies. I've found that my work/life balance is more in line and the co-chiefs of staff and office manager really listen to what input we have and do their best to address and execute any ideas for improvement the staff has.

Cons

No complaints at this point.

9. 5.0

Great company!

May 16, 2017 - Hospital Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Vetcor for 5 years and was promoted to Hospital Manager a year ago. It has been a great experience. Every employee that I've spoken with at headquarters has been helpful and really pleasant. What I love most is the support network available to you while you are learning a new position. Continuing education is encouraged and available. You are also encouraged to reach out to other Hospital Managers for advice and tips. That has been a huge help to me through the transition from receptionist to manager. I've heard horror stories of corporations buying a practice and changing everything. I'm so thankful that has not been my experience with Vetcor. We are able to make the decisions that we believe are best for our clients and our patients.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to maintain a healthy work/life balance.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company

May 1, 2017 - Hospital Manager in North Ridgeville, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, Great benefits! I have thrived over the last three years, learned a lot. The "Work & Life Balance" for me has been amazing!

Cons

I have no complaints since joining the team over three years ago.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 English Reviews