Veteran Solutions Incorporated Reviews | Glassdoor

John T. Chenery

1. "Great mission"

Current Contractor - Contract Position in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Contract Position in Washington, DC

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great mission- helping veterans find jobs.
    They also have a foundation to help support vets getting out of the military and transition into workforce.
    They promote within the company when possible- I was promoted within my contracted location.

Cons

You have to want contract work as your job is at the mercy of contract length time agreed upon- sometimes this can be a short employment due to contract length but that's more dependent on the governments needs.

Advice to Management

continue helping the vets! great mission

2. "Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is none, terrible company to work for. They are more concern about hiring family members than getting qualified people to do the job correctly.

Cons

They have financial problems, pay sucks with unqualified, and unprofessional people in positions that should not be there. Benefits sucks and have no remorse for people who are sick they are concern about money and not the well-being of their employees who keep the revenue flowing for them. The turn-around rate for employees are very high, people leave like a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Make your actions apply to your mission and focus on integrity, results and customer service something your company lacks

"Nice mission, pay is a joke."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Veteran Solutions Incorporated works to get veterans hired and does good things for the veteran community.

Cons

The pay is ridiculous, like worse than being a file clerk for most jobs even hard jobs.

Advice to Management

Get real about pay in DC area.

"Great Employer-Performance Driven Company"

Pros

VSI is a small, family oriented business. I like the small business aspect and the idea that if you perform well you do get rewarded for good performance. I have personally been offered many opportunities to further my career and education within this company based on my work ethics and quality outputs. I appreciate the feedback and guidance I receive from my leadership. I have been with the company approximately three years, and although the contracting world can be tough, I always felt as though VSI has supported me and has my best interest in mind. VSI is considerate to employees personal and family needs and is in support of all active duty and prior military employees. I have experienced times when I was having personal issues, and VSI was flexible with me to allow me to take care of family first. When I did my research on my current salary I am making what I should be making for my position/years of experience per current industry standards, so I can't complain. I look forward to receiving another raise upon my annual review! One thing I have learned in the contracts world, is it is changing, and not for the betterment of the small business contractors. It has become very difficult for contractors; as the government dictates within the contract what the contractor can pay the contractor's employees and contract duration. Even with these ever growing restrictions, VSI still offers a great benefit plan and plenty of PTO. I have participated in some of the events that VSI has took part in to support the vets and the community and it really makes me proud to be a part of VSI. I also like that I can call and speak to my PM/HR/Finance anytime and if I have an issue the support team at Headquarters quickly works to resolve the issue. Often times the response is within minutes! I have even spoken directly with the CEO before! I love the small business feel, and I hope to stay for as long as I can.
    I have read other comments on Glass Door and to me it looks to be perhaps these are disgruntled employees that 1. Were not good performers 2. Are simply ignorant to the way government contracting works and are simply utilizing this site as an anonymous sounding board for those that were terminated/dissatisfied. All I can say, is my experience (and my direct colleagues) has been quite the opposite. Those comments I read seem to be unprofessional and simply lack validity. Hopefully those individuals have found satisfaction with a different employer. Or if they are still employed by VSI I encourage them to reach out to VSI HQ and hopefully any issues can be resolved. I have had no problem voicing my concerns in the past to the COO and action was taken to come to a mutual resolution.

Cons

As i mentioned the salaries are based on the contract the government provides, so at times I feel that my salary may have been lower than I would have preferred. However, I do understand that aspect of the contractor world and in a small business, it is difficult for them to compete with the big companies in some regards. Also, as a contractor it can be difficult as you do not know when your contract will end. I have seen contracts end for no fault of the company, just simply government mismanagement of funds or they decide they no longer need a position. That is a bit unnerving to me. Although the company seems to have come along way over the past couple of years, I think there is still room for improvement on company policies and communications to the field with company updates. the webpage needs updating as well and development of an "intra" net page so employees have a one stop shop for all their needs.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the guidance and support that I have received. I would like to see continued improvement in company policies and communications to the employees. Please continue to further develop and implement a performance-based company standard and incentive program that rewards hard work and reliability.

"Not worth applying"

I worked at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing, they're a sorry excuse of a company, who only care for themselves, and surely could care less about their employees.

Cons

I had an ectopic pregnancy which caused me to miss a bit of work due to the surgery I had to have, and because of it they let me go. So much for caring about your employees, it's not like I could control the fact that it happened. They don't care about your well-being or your health, just that you show up to work and do your job. NEVER WILL I RECOMMEND NOR WORK FOR THESE SORRY EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE AGAIN!!!!

Advice to Management

Care less about the money, and more about the fact that your employees can die from ectopic pregnancies if not taken care of immediately.

7. "Fair"

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will work with you on your schedule when you need time off. It's a small business with a family oriented mentality. I appreciate their focus on veterans.

Cons

If you work a contract position (and this is for most contract work), you are at the mercy of the contract length and any regulations associated with it.

"BANKRUPTCY PROBABLE FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS COMPANY."

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time

Pros

I can't say helping the veterans is a pro when the pay is so close to minimum wage. What adult living on there own, or with family could live off such a pay. How can you say your helping? Are you really helping your veterans, and employees out by underbidding at such a low bid? Your turn over rate must be incredible.

Cons

Let's see where to start? 1. Pay is ridiculous 2. Never seen the owner of the company 3. Not many contracts for this company, which can spell trouble for there future. 4. # Absolutely NO benefits 5. Get your own insurance, and save a ton of money if working for this company. 6. Return phone calls from corporate office never happens. 7. Employee relation, (there is none).

Advice to Management

Hope that in the future that this would be a company to help all veterans. For now STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Two stars for effort.

"Lying is what they do best"

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a job that I may or may not receive pay for.

Cons

We could not get paid on time or correctly for months. After many months we have had our sick leave taken away and our fringe (that was previously paid as cash) was no longer offered as an option. The notice that we were provided was 5 business days two months before Christmas. We have been lied to and have yet to receive any explanation and or truth.

The CEO never shows his face at meetings and getting them to reply to emails or calls is like pulling teeth. Veteran Solutions is a joke. They laid off two veterans when they took on a new contract. How is that for providing jobs for our vets.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can