KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 424 of over 480 reviews

4.7
Veterans United Home Loans CEO Nate Long
Nate Long
Pros
  • "Wonderful people, lots of room for growth and development, great perks like free snacks, coffee and 15 min massages(in 34 reviews)

• "A positive work environment with motivated co-workers(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't get the impression loan officers and POCs understand what we're dealing with in processing(in 14 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be a challenge(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

I've Found My Dream Company

Dec 29, 2020 - Operations Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love working at Veterans United. The people who work here live out the VU values: be passionate and have fun, deliver results with integrity, and enhance live every day. One of my favorite things about working here is getting to donate part of my paycheck to the Veterans United Foundation. I love that I have a chance to make my work even more meaningful by giving to VUF, which in turn does so much for veterans and the community!

Cons

Except for working from home (because of the pandemic), I don't have a con to list about working at Veterans United. I've truly found my dream company!

Culture Rep

Thank you for mentioning VUF. It is an outstanding part of what makes VU, VU. Our foundation makes such a positive impact on our employees, borrowers, and communities! Thank you for being with us.

2. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Jun 18, 2021 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to serve veterans and making a difference in their lives. They also treat their employees very well.

Cons

Not many if any at all.

3. 5.0

Best of the best

Apr 5, 2021 - Data Analyst in Columbia, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything you read/hear about VU is true -- from the interview process to day to day life, they provide a premium experience based around exceptional company culture. To maintain this, they're very selective in the hiring process and place extra emphasis on the whole-person concept over skills alone. Their passion extends to employee's families as well, as their often included in events, giveaway's etc. A good example of this: Every employee's child in the company receives a hand written birthday card and a gift. They go the extra mile in every facet, and it shows in how content their employees are. All this while maintaining the title as the nation's leading VA loan provider and objectively crushing the competition. Many companies who are successful in their respective business have a hard time balancing profit and culture. VU has perfected it. Beyond impressive, and couldn't be any happier with my experience.

Cons

Really nit picky, but health insurance premiums could be more affordable. Other than that, the benefits package here above average.

Culture Rep

Thank you so much for your thoughts and feedback! Not to repeat what we say too much but we are only as good as the people we hire. There are plenty of places you could choose to be, thank you for choosing VU!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place that actually cares

Jun 16, 2021 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is easily one of the best places I have ever worked. They actually care about what you want outside, and inside of the office.

Cons

Large learning curve for the position

Culture Rep

So glad you choose to be part of Veterans United! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and we hope your future with VU is awesome and fulfilling.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company who's values actually mean something!

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

VU strives to enrich the lives of their employees, the veterans we serve, and the communities we are in - and they're good at it!

Cons

None to note, this place is truly special.

Culture Rep

We're so happy you're part of the VU family! Thank you for being with us and leaving your feedback!

6. 5.0

Great place

Jun 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that truly cares for you and your community. Each person here is someone that is approachable and can help you out.

Cons

None that I can think of

Culture Rep

While we strive to be a company that goes above and beyond, it wouldn't happen without each of our teammates doing their part to care. Thanks for being part of the team, we wouldn't be the same without you.

7. 5.0

Absolutely amazing!

May 17, 2021 - Loan Specialist in Lenexa, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company genuinely cares about your well-being. Coworkers are super friendly and there are wellness programs/small groups for every aspect of life. You can join the VU Foundation and help improve others lives by donating 1% of your paycheck. Benefits start day 1 & pay is great. You can tell the difference between a company that truly cares about its employees and a company that doesn’t. VU is definitely the best company I’ve ever worked for.

Cons

There is a sharp learning curve to the mortgage industry if you have little to no experience. But with hard work and dedication, you can learn fast.

Culture Rep

Wow - thanks for the awesome review! You hit the nail right on the head: we care about you as a person and want to be there for you on your journey. Thanks for making VU a great place. Cheers to many more years with us!

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jun 7, 2021 - Client Connection Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

- pay is great for entry level positions - very team oriented - appreciates their employees - plenty of room to advance

Cons

No cons at the moment

Culture Rep

Welcome to the team! Thanks for leaving some feedback, we wish you the best on your VU journey!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This is an amazing place to work

May 30, 2021 - Marketing Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care about enhancing lives of everyone they encounter, whether customer or employee. Every day I go to work with purpose and feel cared for by my coworkers.

Cons

It is a large and growing organization, but there are opportunities to make it feel small.

Culture Rep

We're glad you're here! Thanks for taking a minute to leave a review, we appreciate your kind words.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

not recommend as an engineer

Jun 10, 2021 - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay and benefits are competitive for the region

Cons

-The company lacks vision to move beyond aging software systems that are cumbersome to work on and lack devops automation -Management uses one on ones to extract information about your coworkers, oft facilitating unhealthy relationships within the team -The culture of XP programing & agile that is implied by the job description is close to impossible due to nonexistent to lacking tenants of XP-programming & agile, such as devops support, code quality analysis, & pursuing alternatives to outdated software systems

Viewing 1 - 10 of 424 Reviews