Veterans United Home Loans Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Veterans United Home Loans CEO Nate Long
Nate Long

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • From pay to work life balance, to equal consideration in the workplace- I couldn't say enough (in 17 reviews)

• Work life balance, casual dress code, awesome co workers (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • com is that they are hiring people so fast it is very hard to keep up with every and there new positions (in 5 reviews)

• Most of the negative comments I've seen are because the company is going through some growing pains (in 8 reviews)

1. "One Happy Loan Officer :)"

Current Employee - Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The VU Team, benefits, and training and support for new Loan Officers

Cons

Loan Officers are commissioned but clock in/out like hourly. Not a bad thing at all but takes some getting adjusted to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work!! The work-life balance and culture of this company is phenomenal. It is evident that your hiring practices have been tried and proven as I have met some of the BEST people here.

Apr 5, 2018 – Culture Rep

Thank you so much! We try to do our best to make sure people have a great work-life balance. We try to find the best people we can and they are the ones who make our culture better each day.

2. "Great Place to Work!"

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time

Pros

Great place to start working from out of town or as a first job.

Cons

Easy to get lost in the crowd. Work Hard Play Harder... a little too hard.

3. "Good job, great people"

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time

Pros

I am no longer employed at VU but I have nothing bad to say about the job other than it's an indoor, office job and that's not me. They truly invest in their employees and I would recommend working there to anyone.

Cons

Cubicle job, too intense for some

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Apr 5, 2018 – Culture Rep

Thank you for your time with us! We hope you found a position that fits you and makes you smile. Good luck with everything in the future!

"Amazing Culture and Professionalism"

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being in IT, there are often times we have to deploy something during "off" hours, so before 8 AM or after 6PM, and it is still something I look forward to even when it's early in the morning because working here is so amazing.

The people are fantastic, the culture and values here stand out right away and blow me away every single day. I look forward to coming to work, after which there are several times I will go hang out with coworkers and play games while we discuss improvements to our applications! :)

I am treated like an adult. If there is some family issue that needs to be taken care of, I am told to go take care of it no questions asked. I am trusted and respected a great deal more than any other job I've ever had.

Competitive pay and benefits definitely played a role in my decision to apply to VU, but it wasn't as big as the culture. While I was offered comparable Pay and Benefits, my overall decisions were based off of Culture and Leadership, which I continue to experience every day and I love this job even more.

Cons

I only get to spend so many hours at work, but luckily I can take my laptop home and work from home when I have an idea I want to improve on.

Really though, I can't say a bad thing about working here. It has been absolutely amazing in every way and I hope to work here for a very, very long time.

Advice to Management

Keep. It. Up.

Mar 9, 2018 – Culture Rep

Wow, thank you for the wonderful words. We wouldn’t be who we are without the awesome people, who we are lucky to have!

5. "Solid Comapny"

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time

Pros

- flexible schedule
    - great coworkers
    - professional and personal development opportunities

Cons

- silo-ed work environment

Mar 1, 2018 – Culture Rep

Happy to have you here! Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. Here's to a great 2018!

6. "Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Columbia, MO

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, especially compared to industry norm. Lots of fun company outings like field day and holiday party.

Cons

High burnout and relatively high turnover rate for Loan officers. You will be asked to work weekends and after 5pm throughout the week on a normal basis. They tell you about this going into the job but I figured at some point the weekend work would die down. However, after about 2.5 years here, I was still needing to consistently work Saturdays to get leads. If you dont mind working weekends or weird hours, I highly recommend this job to you.

Feb 8, 2018 – Culture Rep

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We do work really hard to help get our Veterans into homes. We also work very hard every day to care for and support our awesome employees. We are... More

7. "Senior Loan Officer"

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture. Good leads. Continually looking at ways to improve processes to benefit the veteran and improve quality of life for the employees.

Cons

Challenges to find the guideline for mortgage questions that are out of the normal day to day routine.

Feb 1, 2018 – Culture Rep

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We know it’s the people, like yourself, that make VU a great place to be! We do take pride in the fact that Veterans United is always looking for... More

8. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance, casual dress code, awesome co workers. Great place to work!

Cons

Nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

n/a

Feb 23, 2018 – Culture Rep

Thanks for the positive review! We appreciate the last 3 years you've spent with us. Here's to many more years!

9. "Values & Culture"

Former Employee - Loan Specialist/Transaction Coordinator
    Former Employee - Loan Specialist/Transaction Coordinator

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and company values! Truly cares about and takes care of its employees. Provides a great work and life balances to ALL employees throughout the company. Feels like a FAMILY versus just an employer/employee vibe. By far the best company I have ever worked for. I would definitely recommend to friends & family. :)

Cons

During my time with the company (2 years), I can honestly say that the only thing that stands out to me as a con, is that there was a break down of communication between the Production & Operations teams at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! :)

Feb 1, 2018 – Culture Rep

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you had the opportunity to see what VU is about first hand! We are constantly adding great people to our family. Sometimes with growth comes growing pains such as... More

10. "Current employee"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible across the board, up to you in how you get the job done which is awesome, solid support staff and great team environment.

Cons

Lots to juggle in production department, ability to make good money but high stress which should be expected in this role.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek and listen to the employees, as company continues to grow that will be key.

Feb 23, 2018 – Culture Rep

Thanks for being a part of our VU family. One of our goals at Veteran United is to make sure everyone gets to enjoy the benefits of being at VU. Another goal is to always evaluate the way we do... More