Veterans United Home Loans Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

4.7
Veterans United Home Loans CEO Nate Long
Nate Long
Pros
  • "VU is a dream of a company to work for(in 44 reviews)

• "Wonderful people, lots of room for growth and development, great perks like free snacks, coffee and 15 min massages(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "I ultimately ended up leaving VU because there was so much pressure to take on additional work(in 14 reviews)

• "There are no cons to this company(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"BLOWN AWAY"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

The People. The Atmosphere. The Culture.

Cons

I look forward to Mondays. Crazy, I know!

Veterans United Home Loans2019-10-01

October 18, 2019Culture Rep

Looking forward to Mondays....Wha!? The people here are pretty awesome, including Marissa of course, and the people are one big piece of what makes this place special. Thank you for being here and thanks for leaving your thoughts!

2. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, enviroment, atmosphere, perks

Cons

n/a I didn't find any cons during my time

Veterans United Home Loans2020-05-28
  3. "Best Company I've Worked With in My 40+ Years of Working"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lenexa, KS

Pros

True team work, true desire to make communities better, emphasis on giving back. Employ Extreme Programming - pair programming plus TDD with a whole way of life around it that works so well. Leaders lead by example and truly care about their people. Chain of command is responsive. Projects are fun. We even get Friday afternoons for Professional Development Time - work on your own project to improve a technical skill, then bring it back and apply it to VU projects. During the CCP Virus, management kept us very informed and they reassured us that they have a plan, that they have positioned themselves well from past experience, and that they have our backs. This place is so awesome!

Cons

Working toward permanently allowing WFH for technology workers, and I hope that comes to pass.

Veterans United Home Loans2020-05-06

May 14, 2020Culture Rep

Thank you for being here! The last few weeks/months have been challenging and different for a number of reasons. It's VUers like you who make it possible for other VUers to work from anywhere seamlessly. Thanks for staying positive and all the hard work!

4. "Veterans united"

Current Employee - Post Closer in Columbia, MO

Pros

Great benefits, great schedule, great people!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons. It’s hard work but totally worth it

Veterans United Home Loans2020-04-14

May 4, 2020Culture Rep

Glad you are part of the VU Team! We hope you're seeing all smiling faces you can handle. Thanks for leaving your thoughts!

5. "Constantly Changing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Columbia, MO

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Benefits -Great outings -Employee Matching & 401K Contributions

Cons

-Long work hours -Overworked -No work-life balance even though it's preached

Veterans United Home Loans2020-04-30

May 4, 2020HR Representative

We are glad you enjoy the benefits, outings, and 401k contributions. However, your cons are concerning. We want to strongly encourage you to reach out to your team lead or AD if you are struggling and not getting the support you need. There are many other people who can serve as a resource for you, including but not limited to: director of production, production manager, a co-worker in HR, or a member of the culture team. We are committed to helping you feel supported but, as this is an anonymous review, we can’t do that unless we know who you are.

6. "1"

Current Employee - Operations Support Specialist in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time

Pros

Very nice people, A lot of opportunity

Cons

Many buildings you could go anywhere

Veterans United Home Loans2020-04-02

May 4, 2020Culture Rep

Thank you for the feedback!

7. "Best place I’ve ever worked"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Lenexa, KS

Pros

Great support, great culture. Work life balance, values employees and I really enjoy going to work and helping veterans

Cons

Haven’t came across any yet

Veterans United Home Loans2020-03-09

May 4, 2020Culture Rep

We put a lot of thought into how we can continue to be a great place to work. Of course, we couldn't do it without the amazing people we have with us every day. Thank you for your comments!

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Post Closer in Columbia, MO

Pros

Fast paced, yet fun place to work. They truly care about their employees and make sure that you have everything you need to get the job done.

Cons

No cons - great place to work.

Veterans United Home Loans2020-02-21

May 4, 2020Culture Rep

Thank you for leaving your feedback and being part of the VU Family!

"Great benefits and culture"

Current Employee - Client Connection Specialist in Columbia, MO

Pros

Bonuses Competitive pay in many of the work areas Ability to Job Shadow areas you are interested in then apply to them if you enjoy them. Encouraged to grow along with the company We are all treated as adults and there for expected to perform as an adult. If you have something that is making life a little difficult they will work with you and your schedule.

Cons

While it isn't a con, they've fed me so much that I need to start visiting the gym on a more regular basis.

Veterans United Home Loans2019-12-07

December 12, 2019Culture Rep

Well, it's a good thing we offer a free gym membership! (Side note, I feel ya.)

10. "LOVE IT"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Everyone here is so helpful, welcoming and willing to teach. The environment is great. Free food a lot, lots of fun and great management

Cons

There's no cons so far. Although some do take the great benefits for granted

Veterans United Home Loans2019-12-02

December 12, 2019Culture Rep

Thank you for being at VU! We hope you'll learn and grow with us for many years to come.

Found 271 reviews