Veterans United Home Loans Reviews | Glassdoor

Veterans United Home Loans Reviews

Updated October 17, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Strong culture and belief in good work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Casual dress, fast pace, friendly atmosphere and fun employee events (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • com is that they are hiring people so fast it is very hard to keep up with every and there new positions (in 5 reviews)

• Most of the negative comments I've seen are because the company is going through some growing pains (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time

Pros

Great culture. Positive, solid balance of focus on process and results. Team work and respect present throughout the process. They maximize relationships which allows everyone to do their best in completing their jobs and helping customers.

Cons

Work can be challenging but is equally rewarding.

Mar 31, 2017 – HR Representative

Thanks for taking the time to write this review about your experience!

2. "Marketing - Intern"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, culture, vision, business structure, and great end goal.

Cons

Employee growth for moving up in the company is limited.

"loan officer"

Pros

flexible, good job, great people

Cons

lots of long hours and tedious work

4. "Best culture"

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hands down best company culture you will find in the Midwest! VU invests in their employees!

Cons

Work can sometimes get monotonous but that is life.

Advice to Management

Keep up your great work of striving to improve lives.

"All of the rumors are true--but it's no easy job"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is challenging, but everyone around you genuinely wants you to succeed and will do anything you ask (or don't ask) them to do to help you.

You are valued, respected, and treated well. Your victories don't go unnoticed, and you are rewarded generously for your hard work.

The training program is rigorous, which is super important--the job is hard! You definitely don't feel under-prepared when you finish your training. You can tell they want you to do well and give you every tool to be a success.

The company wants you to stick around! It's incredibly obvious that they want their employees to be here for the long haul--and they definitely give you the incentives to stay. I'm so spoiled working here I don't know that I'll be employable anywhere else that doesn't do everything VU does for us.

Even upper management knows your name (if they're in the same building as you), they'll greet you and ask how your weekend was, they'll go to happy hour with you, they really care!

Cons

It's not easy! People hear all about the parties and perks, but the job is really hard--that's why we get all of the fun perks, because if you didn't have the fun, silly things to balance it out, people would burn out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing!

Dec 20, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. Your review really nails it--we are passionate about serving our borrowers and therefore we work really, really hard. But we have fun while we do it... More

6. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Closer
    Current Employee - Closer

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management is really approachable, they are incredibly understanding of work/life balance, they're constantly trying to improve the work environment which is already great, incredibly inclusive, and they are constantly doing awesome things for employees i.e. field day (that's right, adult field day, and its amazing)

Cons

Incredibly deadline driven which can be stressful, but the company knows it is and tries to reward employees/show their appreciation during high volume times ... Do not expect this to be an easy jobs, definitely work hard play hard situation

Advice to Management

Departments can at times be pretty disconnected, many are situated in separate buildings, find a way to bring in more understanding and build bridges between departments

Dec 20, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for sharing your positive experience as a Closer here! I'm sure you've been around for quite a few stressful month-end situations. Our commitment to serve those who so bravely served our... More

"Best Company Ever!!!"

Current Employee - IT Professional in Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Soooo many good things going on here!! I have worked here over 3 years and I definitely plan on retiring here. This is a company that truly cares about its employees!!

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about this company. I have been in the IT industry over 20 years and this is by far the greatest company I have worked for!!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!!!!

Dec 9, 2016 – HR Representative

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's great to hear from someone with so much industry experience. We offer a 401(k) to help you out with those retirement plans!

8. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

Pros

Great co-workers and overall amazing environment, company genuinely cares for employees

Cons

I do not find any cons, was a positive experience and glad I had the opportunity

Dec 9, 2016 – HR Representative

We are happy you had a great experience when you worked here and wish you all the best on your future personal and professional endeavors.

9. "Account manager"

Pros

perks are great. People are outstanding. Fun environment to be in and is very rewarding. You are really taken care of here.

Cons

Can be very stressful at times with long hours. Easy to get complacent sitting at a desk all day every day.

Dec 9, 2016 – HR Representative

Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience working at VU. The mortgage industry can be stressful at times, but we are focused on getting our nation’s heroes into homes and that takes... More

10. "Closing Specialist"

Pros

Everything is awesome! I can't explain how great it is!

Cons

Insurance may be a little bit expensive. But the salary makes up for it.

Dec 9, 2016 – HR Representative

Glad to hear you are enjoying your job! Just so you know, we have four different health insurance options so you can find the one that meets your needs the best.