Via Oncology Reviews | Glassdoor

Kathy Lokay

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "CEO"

I have been working at Via Oncology full-time

Pros

Surrounded by amazing people who care deeply about our mission.

Cons

If you're not used to working at a fast pace, this might not be a good fit for you.

2. "Terrific Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst (Tier I External Help Desk) in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Via Oncology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have an outstanding manager and it is very evident that our CEO cares tremendously about her employees.

My manager is one of the most exceptional leaders I have worked for in my entire career. She is able to tackle very complicated requests from some of the clinical thought leaders in the world of innovative Cancer Care. She does this by working to terse out the core issue of the ask and deliver an articulated response that either resolves the issue or she requests more key details that no one would ever realize pertain to formulating a comprehensive solution to our customer. She makes each of her coworkers feel important and treats her primary employee in the Customer Experience department with a high degree of respect.

The CEO lives out the ideal of being a supportive and innovative leader. She encourages each employee to better themselves inside and outside of the workplace. She purchases books relevant to our job/field for employees to borrow and she goes out of her way to encourage active exercise among her team.

She arranges for a Yoga Instructor to perform a free lunchtime session once a week and has sponsored an Employee Activities Committee that is well versed in designing upbeat activities for those who choose to participate. Bowling anyone?

The other two items about Via Oncology that strike me - everybody wants to contribute and coworkers genuinely seem to care about one another.

Cons

This is not really a con, but we work with cancer care decision support hoping our Via Pathways improve the life of someone stricken with a very serious illness. Just like jobs in other health care support industries, the research and conversation topics can evoke a heavy tone.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing; you have really built an exceptional company to work for and I am very proud to hold my position at Via Oncology.

3. "Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Director of Network Development
    Current Employee - Director of Network Development

I have been working at Via Oncology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with Via Oncology since it was formed. The company culture is great as you see the employees have a shared vision to make a difference in cancer care. I have been given opportunities to use my skills and that has been very rewarding. There is an ebb and flow to meetings and getting work completed as many work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays but have meetings on M, W, F. I like the layout of the office and there is a good balance of open areas with conference rooms and huddle spaces. I like the foosball table -- it gives me the opportunity to socialize with co-workers in different departments. I like the location of the office in the strip district and the parking options are great compared to other city locations I have worked. I like that the general mentality of the company is to always be looking for ways to do things better and to be more efficient. Semi-annual employee satisfaction surveys are great in that any identified issue is then acted on by senior management.

Cons

Some weeks there are more meetings than I would prefer to have. Company growth has outpaced some of the communication tools/workflow automation being used.