ViaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
ViaQuest President & CEO Richard Johnson
Richard Johnson

Pros
  • There are no pros for working for this company in this position (in 3 reviews)

• ViaQuest puts a lot of effort into creating a fun company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no raises, no gain (in 7 reviews)

• Don't expect a work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working at ViaQuest because my team supports me. I can count on my co-workers and supervisor to assist me when things get hard. It is a rewarding job at a company that really goes above and beyond to serve the clients and help them be more independent.

Cons

I am "on-the-go" a lot. I like this change in scenery for my position, but it may not be for everyone. My workday doesn't always end at 5PM. Being a manager I sometimes take calls after hours to help the staff I supervise.

2. "Retention is a serious problem"

Current Employee - Hospice in Monongahela, PA
    Current Employee - Hospice in Monongahela, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

co-workers, excluding management, are truly caring and go above and beyond

Cons

I would not work here again. Lots of mouth service to "culture", which typically involves lot of alcohol. No raises in 3 years and a starting wage less than competitors. Horrible health benefits. Management is not consistent. Constantly asking employees to make sacrifices (and the employees DO, because many of the employees are truly caring individuals) without anything in return. I thought the old management was bad - the new management is even worse and it's now a revolving door of employees.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do. Think carefully about how you present new rules - avoid gossip

"Patient-First Company"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I honestly don't know where the negativity comes from on some of these reviews. They are likely selfish employees who shouldn't be in this industry in the first place. This company hires people with a hard-working approach and a go-getter attitude. Even if you don't have prior experience, if you have the desire to put in the effort, management will guide and support you along the way. Their vision lies with the patient and quality of care. They are willing to do the right thing for the patient even if that means it will have a negative impact on the company. They truly care about their employees and are willing to listen and react to employee recommendations, comments, and feedback.

Cons

This industry requires hard work and long hours, but we are here to serve others. If you are here to make a lot of money without putting in the necessary work then don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Eliminate some of the unnecessary reporting you require. It seems like a lot of it is timely, but not really needed. Supervisors need to be more involved with their field staff on a regular basis.

"HORRIBLE COMPANY, MICRO MANAGE EVERYONE"

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers are the only pro I have ever found.

Cons

Ridiculously low pay for work done. No raises or bonuses. Insurance offered is practically worthless. Vacation time is minimal at best.

Advice to Management

If you hire people that you think are qualified then let them do their job without going behind them and doing it over. Pay higher wages. Stop playing the blame game all the time. Encourage employees to better themselves instead of giving impression management does not think employees can be promoted. The negativity is toxic! Stop doing that stupid gathering downtown which costs a fortune and instead give raises and bonuses,.

"Billing Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No reason to be employed here

Cons

No training, no raises, no gain. Pay is horrible, bonus is impossible. Nepotism and cronyism are rampant. If you don't drink or don't plan on hanging or having a life outside of work don't plan on having any semblance of a career here.

Advice to Management

Actual training with actual instructions would be preferred and possibly would lead to some actual success from your employees.

"AWFUL"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fellow employees are awesome. Vacation policy is generous

Cons

CEO is an egomaniac. Constantly yapping about culture, but fires people on a whim. His bad business practices have finally come home to roost and he's panicking. Culture based on alcohol and nepotism. No raises and lots of excuses. Poor healthcare benefits.

Advice to Management

Watch your back

"Awful"

Current Employee - DSP in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - DSP in Akron, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for working for this company in this position.

Cons

Management. Pay. Work Atmosphere. Everything about how this company is run is a con.

Advice to Management

Learn how to speak to your employees.

"Horrible place to work As a therapist"

Current Contractor - OTR in Muncie, IN
    Current Contractor - OTR in Muncie, IN

I have been working at ViaQuest as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The per-diem evaluation and Start of Care rate , use of laptops instead of tablets I guess . Everything else sucks

Cons

The staff are very rude during non face to face communication (text email ), stupid staff meetings all the time

Advice to Management

Learn to talk to your staff with respect not like they are and you might actually have people work for you full time

"Medical Social Worker"

Current Employee - Medical Social Worker in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Social Worker in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great cultural. Practice to the highest ethical standards. Very supportive of front line staff. Run by down to earth administrators.

Cons

Some disorganization, no worse that any other agency. Communication can be a challenge. But again, what agency communicates perfectly?

Advice to Management

There is limited opportunities for advancement if you are not a nurse under you home health/ Hospice business lines. In order to keep great staff this should be reevaluated.

"SSS"

Current Employee - Sss in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sss in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time

Pros

Working with my clients, flexible schedule meeting nice ppl. Have plenty of homes all over the city.

Cons

Company as a whole is definitely not employee oriented. Does not have their employees backs and does not show ANY appreciation for all the hard work and dedication that some of their employees demonstrate daily, wkly, monthly, or even yearly.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate and value ur employees that show great effort and that's been with the company long term. And do more for the clients because without them, there would be no company at all.