ViaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
ViaQuest President & CEO Richard Johnson
Richard Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are no pros for working for this company in this position (in 3 reviews)

• ViaQuest puts a lot of effort into creating a fun company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons

"Great Company! Work-life balance off."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is awesome, great mission, vision, values and culture

Cons

No work life balance for management, poor recognition and compensation.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees better. Offer compensation (even just extra PTO hours) for Salary employees who work overtime (that is time they aren't getting paid for and not spending with family and our loved ones).

Jul 31, 2017 – President / CEO

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. We devote a lot of time and energy to our culture, mission, vision and values and I appreciate the positive feedback on those important... More

"Needs a lot of work"

Current Employee - Operations Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of drinking at corporate events, luckily the CEO spends his money on booze. The pay isn't terrible. I love the clients!

Cons

Turnover in management all the time. Great managers leaving and it doesn't even seem like VQ wants them to stay. Policies are not enforced and clients suffer from the profit driven mindset. Having VQ on your resume is bad when you're looking for new employment. Myself and a few others can't get out but we are trying. Fake it til you make It!

Advice to Management

Actually live out your vision, mission, and values. Don't hide behind them while completely doing something else.

Sep 17, 2017 – President / CEO

in 2017 we have put on one company event in the first quarter of the year that was an all day training that went into the early evening. We served appetizers and yes, alcohol. It lasted less than two... More

3. "buyer beware , Do your homework"

Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none not one that I can think of

Cons

You will have more miles on your car than a cross country truck driver . The insurance and pto are pathetic , When someone gives 100% to patients and isnt even given a penny raise for years of service it says alot !!

Advice to Management

. Lets talk about your story giving raises and promotions, lets talk because I have the paycheck to prove it as do many others

4. "Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Community CPST in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Community CPST in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and mileage reimbursement. Pay used to be tied to productivity numbers and so it wasn't consistent but that was changed in 2017 and we now get a flat base rate and the opportunity for a bonus each month if we hit our productivity goal. Flexible work schedule. Great team and leaders.

Cons

We don't see the CEO very often in our psych clinic because we are more segregated than the rest of the office staff. Can be lots of driving depending on where clients live.

Advice to Management

Be more visible in our psych clinic so that we know who other leaders/management in the company are.

"Great Company, poor compensation"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is great. Company has great values

Cons

There are no annual raises. Recognition is hard to come by

Advice to Management

Annual raises would be nice. Right now there is nothing keeping employees employed beside it being a job itself.

Jul 24, 2017 – President / CEO

Thank you for your feedback, it is always very much appreciated. I understand the frustration of not having annual raises, it is equally frustrating to me. Our reality is that we operate in an... More

6. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Muncie, IN

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great owner who strives for excellence, he likes to be involved and know what is going on within the company. Love the RCC meetings that we have quarterly, The owner is always open and honest about what is goi g on with the company. Great Vacation accrual.

Cons

Not good about giving raises, no good communication on the branch levels on what is going on with the branch and how we can work together to overcome our obstacles and become a team

Advice to Management

More open communication

7. "NIce"

Current Employee - Day Services in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Day Services in Dayton, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It can be fun and the health care package is good. They give paid training that is in formative and helpful in the felid.

Cons

Low hourly pay when starting out. Sometimes long hours.

Advice to Management

Chances are good if you work hard. Lots of room to move up quickly if you are motivated.

8. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working at ViaQuest because my team supports me. I can count on my co-workers and supervisor to assist me when things get hard. It is a rewarding job at a company that really goes above and beyond to serve the clients and help them be more independent.

Cons

I am "on-the-go" a lot. I like this change in scenery for my position, but it may not be for everyone. My workday doesn't always end at 5PM. Being a manager I sometimes take calls after hours to help the staff I supervise.

"AVOID"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO and co-workers. Other than that, not really sure what else can be said. It's sad when you can't think of many pro's to say.

Cons

Where to start. No performance raises, no 401k match, benefits are awful. Management micro manages way too much. CEO is not concerned about the extremely high turnover because he thinks everyone is replaceable. Pay is extremely low for the industry. They continue to preach that since our rates and funding continue to get cut that there is no room for raises but yet they keep putting on a three day drinking event downtown every year. Makes perfect sense....! Don't expect a work/life balance. You will be expected to respond to emails during non working hours. Unless you are in the CEO's "inner circle" you will get no where in this company. Too much emphasis on drinking. You will be looked at differently if you don't stay into the later part of the evening of a company function. Many of the positive reviews are due to HR reaching out to current employees and telling them what to comment about. Don't let those positive reviews fool you.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and put trust in your employees. Hold EVERYONE accountable for their responsibilities. Treat your employees as your greatest asset (as you preach but don't do). Putting on drinking events is not treating them like they are. Listen to all of your employees. Countless times employees would recommend something but since they weren't in the "inner circle", their idea would be brushed to the side. Then months later, someone who is in that circle would mention the same idea and "WHOA, THAT IS A GREAT IDEA". Reward employees who continue to do excellent work year after year with more money on their check. Not more work to do. ViaQuest has great potential but until management can put their ego aside and listen, they will continue to struggle and not be the best in the industry.

10. "Retention is a serious problem"

Current Employee - Hospice in Monongahela, PA
    Current Employee - Hospice in Monongahela, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

co-workers, excluding management, are truly caring and go above and beyond

Cons

I would not work here again. Lots of mouth service to "culture", which typically involves lot of alcohol. No raises in 3 years and a starting wage less than competitors. Horrible health benefits. Management is not consistent. Constantly asking employees to make sacrifices (and the employees DO, because many of the employees are truly caring individuals) without anything in return. I thought the old management was bad - the new management is even worse and it's now a revolving door of employees.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do. Think carefully about how you present new rules - avoid gossip