ViaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
ViaQuest President & CEO Richard Johnson
Richard Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are no pros for working for this company in this position (in 3 reviews)

• ViaQuest puts a lot of effort into creating a fun company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons

1. "buyer beware , Do your homework"

Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none not one that I can think of

Cons

You will have more miles on your car than a cross country truck driver . The insurance and pto are pathetic , When someone gives 100% to patients and isnt even given a penny raise for years of service it says alot !!

Advice to Management

. Lets talk about your story giving raises and promotions, lets talk because I have the paycheck to prove it as do many others

Sep 25, 2017 – President / CEO

Unfortunately, it is true that with home health our patients could live miles apart from another patient which means more miles to drive. We do provide mileage reimbursement that covers gas... More

"Can't wait until this business closes for good."

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There is not one good thing to say about this company. Nepotism is alive and well is all that can be said. Management is a joke.

Cons

Family owned company. Love to fire people. No raises. No promotions. Do not care about anyone. Not professional. Management is a JOKE.

Advice to Management

Close the place down. Worst place I've ever worked. All need to get a job in the real work force and learn how to treat people like you would like to be treated and not hide behind family. Total joke as a business.

Sep 4, 2017 – President / CEO

It is true we are a family owned business and are very lucky to have people who have grown up loving the people we serve, the people who provide our services, and the mission of ViaQuest. They have... More

3. "Top heavy residential services"

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Help people in the community that don't normally get help. Make connections with staff and individuals served who care for others.

Cons

Dangerous work environment that leads to systemic problems such as professionalism, work safety, administration, and services provided.

Mangers are treated as scape goats to situations. You are suppose to have about 10-13 cases to manage but are overloaded with 20-40 cases.

Advice to Management

Don't work for them as a manager. You will be set up for failure because the people above you do not do enough to fix the whole problem with how the company operates.

Jul 18, 2017 – President / CEO

ViaQuest serves individuals with significant behavioral issues which presents challenges to our direct care employees. We provide extensive training to our employees on how to provide services to... More

"AVOID"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO and co-workers. Other than that, not really sure what else can be said. It's sad when you can't think of many pro's to say.

Cons

Where to start. No performance raises, no 401k match, benefits are awful. Management micro manages way too much. CEO is not concerned about the extremely high turnover because he thinks everyone is replaceable. Pay is extremely low for the industry. They continue to preach that since our rates and funding continue to get cut that there is no room for raises but yet they keep putting on a three day drinking event downtown every year. Makes perfect sense....! Don't expect a work/life balance. You will be expected to respond to emails during non working hours. Unless you are in the CEO's "inner circle" you will get no where in this company. Too much emphasis on drinking. You will be looked at differently if you don't stay into the later part of the evening of a company function. Many of the positive reviews are due to HR reaching out to current employees and telling them what to comment about. Don't let those positive reviews fool you.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and put trust in your employees. Hold EVERYONE accountable for their responsibilities. Treat your employees as your greatest asset (as you preach but don't do). Putting on drinking events is not treating them like they are. Listen to all of your employees. Countless times employees would recommend something but since they weren't in the "inner circle", their idea would be brushed to the side. Then months later, someone who is in that circle would mention the same idea and "WHOA, THAT IS A GREAT IDEA". Reward employees who continue to do excellent work year after year with more money on their check. Not more work to do. ViaQuest has great potential but until management can put their ego aside and listen, they will continue to struggle and not be the best in the industry.

"Nursing"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company two years ago, great culture, great teamwork, great reputation that was hard to compete with. Few strong nurses left.

Cons

It is scary how much the owner of this company was hoodwinked and manipulated. He was baited hook, line, and sinker and will struggle because his loyalists are gone. He fired and then laid off an amazing team like they were trash, even though their business was eerily networked 100% by the teams relationships. The tangled web you weave when you don't understand the market you are making decisions in. You can only feel so bad for a guy that will bite the hand that feeds him. Believing in conspiracies doesn't make them true and promoting people that were sabotaging the company already probably won't help. Knee jerk reactions rarely result in referrals and in this case, goodbye to the census. The current team blames census on the need to discharge when in reality, there referrals aren't coming in anymore due to poor business practices.

Advice to Management

You can make any decision that you like, as long as you are willing to accept the consequences of that decision.

"Hospice"

Former Employee - Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Nursing in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was and i say Was a good company 3 years back now the only pros was my fellow co workers an amazing crew.

Cons

Health insurance horrible..company now under new office management does not care one bit about there employees.

Advice to Management

Owner should be making decisions not the newbies cause the decisions that have been made are going to put your company down under. Excellent employees gone and they took your census with them and eventually doors will close. Your ways are unethical you cut hours from 40 to 0 a week you give zero notice you lock employees out of office and you tell them dont call us we will call you, and then you have a fellow co worker walk the now cut to 0 hours as needed employees out of office like we were criminals. Yes your management definently needs a whole lot of schooling on ETHICS and Human Compassion. The residents are lucky its not management taking care of them.

7. "Retention is a serious problem"

Current Employee - Hospice in Monongahela, PA
    Current Employee - Hospice in Monongahela, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

co-workers, excluding management, are truly caring and go above and beyond

Cons

I would not work here again. Lots of mouth service to "culture", which typically involves lot of alcohol. No raises in 3 years and a starting wage less than competitors. Horrible health benefits. Management is not consistent. Constantly asking employees to make sacrifices (and the employees DO, because many of the employees are truly caring individuals) without anything in return. I thought the old management was bad - the new management is even worse and it's now a revolving door of employees.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do. Think carefully about how you present new rules - avoid gossip

"Billing Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No reason to be employed here

Cons

No training, no raises, no gain. Pay is horrible, bonus is impossible. Nepotism and cronyism are rampant. If you don't drink or don't plan on hanging or having a life outside of work don't plan on having any semblance of a career here.

Advice to Management

Actual training with actual instructions would be preferred and possibly would lead to some actual success from your employees.

"Previous employee"

Pros

The only pro is a few of the staff members. The employees genuinely care about the people they serve. Otherwise, I struggle to find anything positive.

Cons

Multiple cons my best advice is avoid this company. The pay and health insurance leave a lot to be desired. Management does not respect the staff regardless of position, experience, or level of education. You will be deceived and belittled at some point. The culture is the exact opposite of what this company portrays it to be.

Advice to Management

Fire your current management and start over! Train management on how to interact with staff. Hire managers who are professional.

"AWFUL"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fellow employees are awesome. Vacation policy is generous

Cons

CEO is an egomaniac. Constantly yapping about culture, but fires people on a whim. His bad business practices have finally come home to roost and he's panicking. Culture based on alcohol and nepotism. No raises and lots of excuses. Poor healthcare benefits.

Advice to Management

Watch your back