ViaQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
ViaQuest President & CEO Richard Johnson
Richard Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are no pros for working for this company in this position (in 3 reviews)

• ViaQuest puts a lot of effort into creating a fun company culture (in 2 reviews)

Cons

"Great Company! Work-life balance off."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is awesome, great mission, vision, values and culture

Cons

No work life balance for management, poor recognition and compensation.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees better. Offer compensation (even just extra PTO hours) for Salary employees who work overtime (that is time they aren't getting paid for and not spending with family and our loved ones).

Jul 31, 2017 – President / CEO

Thank you so much for your feedback, I really appreciate it. We devote a lot of time and energy to our culture, mission, vision and values and I appreciate the positive feedback on those important... More

2. "Great Company, poor compensation"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is great. Company has great values

Cons

There are no annual raises. Recognition is hard to come by

Advice to Management

Annual raises would be nice. Right now there is nothing keeping employees employed beside it being a job itself.

Jul 24, 2017 – President / CEO

Thank you for your feedback, it is always very much appreciated. I understand the frustration of not having annual raises, it is equally frustrating to me. Our reality is that we operate in an... More

3. "Top heavy residential services"

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Help people in the community that don't normally get help. Make connections with staff and individuals served who care for others.

Cons

Dangerous work environment that leads to systemic problems such as professionalism, work safety, administration, and services provided.

Mangers are treated as scape goats to situations. You are suppose to have about 10-13 cases to manage but are overloaded with 20-40 cases.

Advice to Management

Don't work for them as a manager. You will be set up for failure because the people above you do not do enough to fix the whole problem with how the company operates.

Jul 18, 2017 – President / CEO

ViaQuest serves individuals with significant behavioral issues which presents challenges to our direct care employees. We provide extensive training to our employees on how to provide services to... More

4. "Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Community CPST in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Community CPST in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and mileage reimbursement. Pay used to be tied to productivity numbers and so it wasn't consistent but that was changed in 2017 and we now get a flat base rate and the opportunity for a bonus each month if we hit our productivity goal. Flexible work schedule. Great team and leaders.

Cons

We don't see the CEO very often in our psych clinic because we are more segregated than the rest of the office staff. Can be lots of driving depending on where clients live.

Advice to Management

Be more visible in our psych clinic so that we know who other leaders/management in the company are.

5. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Muncie, IN

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great owner who strives for excellence, he likes to be involved and know what is going on within the company. Love the RCC meetings that we have quarterly, The owner is always open and honest about what is goi g on with the company. Great Vacation accrual.

Cons

Not good about giving raises, no good communication on the branch levels on what is going on with the branch and how we can work together to overcome our obstacles and become a team

Advice to Management

More open communication

"ViaQuest: Looks can be deceiving"

I worked at ViaQuest full-time

Pros

The people. ViaQuest seems to get lucky in hiring effective people who really care about their clients, coworkers, programs and work.

Cons

The only company I know that lists "profit" as part of its vision. This is especially egregious considering ViaQuest bills the government to provide services for mental health and developmentally disabled individuals. Their products are questionable and usually ill-conceived - they'll pitch anything they think will make money regardless of reality, timelines or being able to deliver. Their processes are draconian and byzantine - some policies and practices remain unchanged from before the company's inception in 2006 despite a vastly changed industry. The upper echelon of management remains securely removed from the rest of the company business lines. The owner is fanatical about company culture and sees it as a silver bullet to cure all ills, to the detriment of actually operating the business. Although the CEO preaches leadership, ownership and responsibility, the actual culture promotes political brinkmanship, pass through responsibility, and shameless self aggrandizing.

Advice to Management

Capable people continue to be hired or brought in from other areas to help save or turn around struggling business lines, then their hands are tied and change does not occur. Business lines continue to flounder and shed customers. The people who were specifically sought out either leave or are fired. *Everyone sees this* and they are frightened that they will not have a job much longer. Fix that.

7. "NIce"

Current Employee - Day Services in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Day Services in Dayton, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It can be fun and the health care package is good. They give paid training that is in formative and helpful in the felid.

Cons

Low hourly pay when starting out. Sometimes long hours.

Advice to Management

Chances are good if you work hard. Lots of room to move up quickly if you are motivated.

8. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dublin, OH

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working at ViaQuest because my team supports me. I can count on my co-workers and supervisor to assist me when things get hard. It is a rewarding job at a company that really goes above and beyond to serve the clients and help them be more independent.

Cons

I am "on-the-go" a lot. I like this change in scenery for my position, but it may not be for everyone. My workday doesn't always end at 5PM. Being a manager I sometimes take calls after hours to help the staff I supervise.

"AVOID"

I have been working at ViaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO and co-workers. Other than that, not really sure what else can be said. It's sad when you can't think of many pro's to say.

Cons

Where to start. No performance raises, no 401k match, benefits are awful. Management micro manages way too much. CEO is not concerned about the extremely high turnover because he thinks everyone is replaceable. Pay is extremely low for the industry. They continue to preach that since our rates and funding continue to get cut that there is no room for raises but yet they keep putting on a three day drinking event downtown every year. Makes perfect sense....! Don't expect a work/life balance. You will be expected to respond to emails during non working hours. Unless you are in the CEO's "inner circle" you will get no where in this company. Too much emphasis on drinking. You will be looked at differently if you don't stay into the later part of the evening of a company function. Many of the positive reviews are due to HR reaching out to current employees and telling them what to comment about. Don't let those positive reviews fool you.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and put trust in your employees. Hold EVERYONE accountable for their responsibilities. Treat your employees as your greatest asset (as you preach but don't do). Putting on drinking events is not treating them like they are. Listen to all of your employees. Countless times employees would recommend something but since they weren't in the "inner circle", their idea would be brushed to the side. Then months later, someone who is in that circle would mention the same idea and "WHOA, THAT IS A GREAT IDEA". Reward employees who continue to do excellent work year after year with more money on their check. Not more work to do. ViaQuest has great potential but until management can put their ego aside and listen, they will continue to struggle and not be the best in the industry.

"Nursing"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ViaQuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company two years ago, great culture, great teamwork, great reputation that was hard to compete with. Few strong nurses left.

Cons

It is scary how much the owner of this company was hoodwinked and manipulated. He was baited hook, line, and sinker and will struggle because his loyalists are gone. He fired and then laid off an amazing team like they were trash, even though their business was eerily networked 100% by the teams relationships. The tangled web you weave when you don't understand the market you are making decisions in. You can only feel so bad for a guy that will bite the hand that feeds him. Believing in conspiracies doesn't make them true and promoting people that were sabotaging the company already probably won't help. Knee jerk reactions rarely result in referrals and in this case, goodbye to the census. The current team blames census on the need to discharge when in reality, there referrals aren't coming in anymore due to poor business practices.

Advice to Management

You can make any decision that you like, as long as you are willing to accept the consequences of that decision.