Viagogo Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
Cons
  • No work-life balance, the company did not do much for employees and asked for way more in return (in 5 reviews)

• No work-life balance, expected above and beyond from me, which I achieved (in 4 reviews)

1. "Awesome Experience and Learning Curve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Continuous learning and working with some of the brightest people I know. Everyone can pitch in to over come challenges. Very good job satisfactions. Some great work days out. Everyone working towards the same goal.

Cons

nothing that really stands out - maybe a bit more on benefits for the emplyees

2. "not too good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

sometimes you may get cheap concert tickets to fly to different venues but other than that tou pay big prices for tickets that are in demand.

Cons

high turnover and certain departments are very busy with little help for some of the new starters.this reaaly should change.

Advice to Management

need to help employees a bit more in terms of customer service and understand their needs on how they do there job

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard viagogo is a great place to work and you will be well rewarded for your efforts. The amount and breadth of what you can learn is astounding, and your opinion really counts from day one. The projects you can tackle are challenging and interesting with real business value. Co-workers are extremely smart and passionate.

Cons

None for me, however if you want a 9-5 job or to coast along, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring intelligent and committed people!

"Great start for a jump in the professional environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Viagogo (More than 3 years)

Pros

great smart and fun people

Cons

They will always push you to do the best of the best but you won't be appreciated for it

Advice to Management

take more care of your employee to get the best of their work.

"start up culture with a serious ambition"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Viagogo full-time

Pros

One of the most successful start up companies in Europe. Fast growing company with opportunities for employees to take on lots of opportunity early in their career. Exciting industry - sports and entertainment - to be involved in and help shape the future of.

Cons

None for people looking for a fast paced, meritocratic environment with the chance of fast progression. Not the right place for people looking for an easy time, or lavish benefits.

"Your destiny is in your own hands"

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The direct impact you can have on the business is mind blowing and every member of the team is encouraged to generate ideas and see them through from beginning to end. The company has serious ambition and the pace is incredibly fast - you really get out what you put in and will progress within the company at a rate which matches your ambition.

Everyone in my team is encouraged to speak their mind or let people know if there is something they're not happy with.

We pick the right technology for the job and staying current plays an important role in our philosophy.

There are a lot of great people in the team and they're always willing to help you learn. I look forward to the job every day because I feel like I'm really having an impact on the ticketing industry.

Cons

The company isn't going to hold your hand or let you cruise, the bar raises every single day as we improve. Not for the unmotivated or someone looking to cruise in a 9 to 5. The company hasn't always been the best at listing to feedback but that is genuinely changing now.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to feedback from the team. Work harder to get everyone engaged and have an understanding of all areas of the business

"Great environment, interesting challenges, and smart colleagues."

I have been working at Viagogo full-time

Pros

A great company to challenge yourself and solve interesting problems at scale. Use of the latest technologies and freedom to get involved with a range of projects, which may be internal or external applications. An open environment allows everyone to contribute ideas, follow them to completion and see how they are impacting customers and growing the business. Colleagues are smart and passionate.

Cons

This is not an environment for someone who doesn't want to give it their all and contribute to the success of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing on changing the culture and improving communication.

"A great place to learn, grow, and take on the world"

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make a difference right away - to the customers or to your team.

Tremendous atmosphere and forward momentum - intensity without a never-ending crunch-mode.

Projects are audacious and challenging from a technological and a business perspective, and innovative solutions can come from anyone/anywhere.

Cons

No place to hide. You need to be ready to throw yourself into the work and give it your all if you want to get anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the relentless pruning of the non-essential and superfluous - keep us all focused on changing the world.

"Good teammates, thrilling environment, lousy salary"

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Viagogo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A thrilling environment with a high work tempo where you can work with intelligent, experienced teammates.
    There's always an opportunity to learn new stuff.

Cons

Salaries can be comically low.
    Very high employee turnover due to low pay and low employee satisfaction.
    Positions and employees change too often.

Advice to Management

Should pay more attention to employee satisfaction in general.

"Learnt a lot, because I had to learn solo"

Former Employee - Operations in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Operations in London, England (UK)

Pros

Easy atmosphere, central location, most people are friendly and go for drinks made some good friends.

Cons

No work-life balance, expected above and beyond from me, which I achieved. I learnt so much, but with no guidance whatsoever. I received in the end 3 'promotions' and received no pay increase. I fought and fought for an increase, and nothing which is the reason I left. I was in a managerial position, defended the company to the death, worked at least 70 hours a week, on call 24/7 and had no life, my job in other companies was worth over 30k a year. I was on less than a third of this.

No recognition for goals achieved, my manager took all the praise for something they didn't even understand.

It's within the entertainment industry and it's supposed to be a buzzing community, the main office is dead silent, nobody speaks it's far too corporate.

Advice to Management

Actually manage. My manager had no idea what my job was, or what I did on a daily basis, meaning that the control of my workflow was impossible. There as little to no support, and a feeling of hierarchy, to which my opinion was never valid, despite it was only me doing the work.

If you treat your staff with respect, and show them that you want to them to stay by actually giving people the money they deserve, then they won't go to competitors and will be loyal.