KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Viasat President and CEO Rick Baldridge
Rick Baldridge

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Viasat and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Environment

Jun 30, 2022 - Project Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work home life Challenging work

Cons

Upward movement Low wages in the marketplace

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company with Work life balance

Jun 27, 2022 - System Integration and Test Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Structured company and proven technology - Work life balance - Nice office space with plenty of amenities - Easy commute (for me) - Retention rate

Cons

- Hard learning curve for someone who's new to the field - Working mostly remotely makes it harder to build personal connection - Long meetings, even though they are fewer than other companies I've stayed - Security clearance required for certain gov't jobs

3. 5.0

Great Company, Great People, Great Benefits

Jun 23, 2022 - Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Entrepreneurial, not bureaucratic - Kind, capable, and collaborative colleagues - Benefits are generous (highly subsidized medical/dental coverage, $10k/year tuition reimbursement, 5% 401K match, flexible "unlimited" time off, company-paid life insurance, etc.)

Cons

- Salary not great - Systems and processes are immature (though the flip side is that there's a lot of low-hanging fruit for people who enjoy creating and improving)

4. 5.0

A Healthy Culture of Trust

May 6, 2022 - Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Viasat empowers their employees and consistently demonstrates the trust they have in them with the motto "Do the right thing, all the time." I have been tremendously impressed with the company so far. The culture is unlike any other I've been a part of and I look forward to the future here. My manager and teammates are some of the best I've worked with. They are bright and motivated and collaborative in their approach. The company is unique in that it actually does what it says in terms of the culture and expectations of employees. It is central to the ethos here.

Cons

My impression of the company has been very positive so far. Only minor bumps as I've come up to speed.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jun 25, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like tech and defense this is the job for you. The FPA group is awesome and very knowledgeable good working team. Feels like a flat organization and can easily talk to leaders.

Cons

Need a little background in defense/technology/aerospace to further your career. This might not come as easy if you are not an engineer.

6. 4.0