Vibra Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Brad Hollinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This new team is just what Vibra needed, and the work environment is focused on quality for both patients and employees (in 4 reviews)

• Good pay PTO is good holidays off good hourly schedules (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership is absolutely CLUELESS as to what is truly going on with patient care (in 6 reviews)

• Consistently short staffed and high employee turnover (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place for long term patients"

I have been working at Vibra Healthcare full-time

Pros

Quality care, knowledge sharing, teamwork

Cons

I do work a lot of holidays

Advice to Management

Continue on with accountability !!!!

2. "Pharmacist"

Current Employee - Pharmacist
    Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at Vibra Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work . It is an exciting opportunity to gain new experience and friendship

Cons

Very busy , you have to wear many hats

3. "Dangerous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochdale, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochdale, MA

Pros

Some of the coworkers make the craziness almost bearable.

Cons

Horribly dangerous staffing ratios for the patients' levels of acuity. Nurses with 5-7 patients with complex medical needs (G-tubes, vents, trachs, HD) and CNA's with 13-15 completely dependent patients.

4. "Vibra Review"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Vibra Healthcare part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Self Scheduling, occasional overtime, and a smaller hospital.

Cons

Poor Management overall. Very poor communication between management, and the employees. Human Resources is terrible about communication. Never calls you back whether it's something simple or not. Do not feel as if your management backs you up on a lot of things. It has just gotten worse over the last couple years.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, and take action.

5. "My second Family"

Current Employee - Central Supply in DeSoto, TX
    Current Employee - Central Supply in DeSoto, TX

I have been working at Vibra Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They are good at hiring amazing people you will love your coworkers they love and treat you just like family

Cons

Their aren't really any cons just be firm on your starting salary even if they try to offer you lower stand firm

Advice to Management

Be more hands on

"Work place environment"

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vibra Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Frontline staff were wonderful and hardworking but terribly under appreciated, not to mention underpaid. Vending machines (sorry they make u put 20 words)

Cons

High stress environment. No training on hire. Unrealistic and unclear expectations. Pulled between onsite administrative directives and corporate directives. Leadership horribly unsupportive of what it actually takes to provide the level of care they expect. Favoritism toward clinical liaison team with large bonuses while other staff are worked into the ground.

Advice to Management

Hear the statement “people quit bosses, not jobs” and ask yourself why your turnover is so high. If you repeatedly replace a position every couple of years, is it possible you’re failing your new hires?

"CEO"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer

I worked at Vibra Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Worst managerial disarray ever experienced. Virtually no understanding of admission criteria, or federal/state regulation. So census driven that they cannot even see cost/benefit analysis of different types of patients. Total racket. No one cares about the patients as people, or you as a person. If you are starving, sure... take the job until something better comes up. Otherwise, avoid at all costs. Also very harmful to professional reputation to have been associated with this team.

Advice to Management

Train senior leadership on ethics, compliance, and healthcare regulation, like Fraud, waste, and abuse. Develop and follow a code of conduct. Treat people, patients and employees, like valued assets, not fungible commodities. Learn, and follow, post acute admission criteria. Invest in safeguarding your reputation (HIM, Risk, and Compliance).

"HIM Medical Records Clerk"

Former Employee - HIM Clerk in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - HIM Clerk in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Vibra Healthcare full-time

Pros

Benefits are OK. Had the day off after several holidays. Some decent people worked at this facility (Amarillo LTAC).

Cons

Deceptive, immoral and manipulative management. Makes false accusations against employees and hostile working environment. Management thinks they are allowed to dictate who employees may speak with on or OFF the clock, and they tell the employees they are allowed to tell you who you may or may not text. I personally was told I was to come back to my desk immediately after lunch and could not speak to anyone out in the hallway. Texting, leaving the room and conversing with other people throughout the day was what I was accused of, but these were the actions of the accuser. I left immediately because of the hostile environment.

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a hospital without being deceptive and conniving. This includes the CEO as well.

"Absolutely Awful!"

I worked at Vibra Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Pro's here were the patients I had the privilege of working with and a few coworkers.

Cons

Management was terrible, micro managed everything. My boss would consistently leave early even though she knew that I needed help and would then get upset when I had overtime (I was hourly). I was one of the only people who would question and stand up to senior management and they did not like that one bit. Many employees had been there for a long time and did not welcome new ideas to improve processes. I heard the line, "well this is how we've always done it" often and my suggestions for changes or improvement were immediately shut down.

Advice to Management

Hold your salaried employees accountable. Be open to changes!

10. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in DeSoto, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in DeSoto, TX

I worked at Vibra Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of experience doing all types of acute care. Wound care, IV therapy, Blood transfusions, Dialysis, NG and Peg tube feedings.

Cons

It's just very hard work with heavy work load.

Advice to Management

Always balance the workload so one nurse does not get all high acute. I believe they actually did a good job at this and was very fair. It's just something to never stop doing. Another thing, always take credit for higher acuity patients. Keep up the paperwork showing how acute some patients are.