Vibrant Media Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Vibrant Media CEO Craig Gooding
Craig Gooding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Not only have I learnt a lot but I have met some really great people in my time here too (in 13 reviews)

• Friendly and inclusive work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not put anything into the entry level employees (in 6 reviews)

• Work/life balance only applies if you live in Manhattan (in 3 reviews)

1. "On the way up"

I have been working at Vibrant Media full-time

Pros

Amazing group of people that truly care about pulling together to deliver a great solution with little to no internal politics. The company has gone through some bumpy times the past year. However, there is new leadership in place that is really helping the company create something special. Fun place to work with a great culture.

Cons

The company has gone through a lot of change over the past year and there are lots of new people getting ramped up on the business.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people, innovation, and strong leaders.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Vibrant Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people. The company did a great job of hiring people that fit in with the culture. That's about the only pro I could possibly think of besides free bagels on Friday.

Cons

Where to start. CEO has almost no involvement with the company and its employees. Company spent an insane amount of money on trips and events that weren't necessary. That money could have been spent and invested in employees or ya know, actually hiring managers that know that the hell they were doing. Their tech was out dated and took years before they said hey! Maybe it's time for an upgrade. The training is basically a note book. Once you read that notebook it's go out there and handle thousand dollar campaigns with almost no guidance! What's the worst that can happen? You lose the company money and we lay you off? Yes! That's exactly with happened. Company went from two floors, to one floor, to a small wework office. I could honestly go on and on but by the time I finish writing this review I wouldn't be surprised if vibrant door has closed.

Advice to Management

Whatever you are doing, do the opposite maybe things will turn around. Start with sales train them on the products, and build a ad ops team that can actually support what they are selling.

3. "Decent place to work, but not great"

I have been working at Vibrant Media full-time

Pros

Good pay, some nice colleagues, and a decent office.

Cons

Boring work and (at the time) management was not great

4. "Great Back in the Day"

Pros

Great people to work with back in the day.

Cons

Not very progressive with Ad tech and product offerings.

"Avoid.."

I worked at Vibrant Media full-time

Pros

The people here ( for the most part) are some of the most fun coworkers you will ever have. They are truly the only reason to work here. You can also WFH whenever you want and leave early when needed.

Cons

Upper management does not put anything into the entry level employees. Working there I found the lower level employees did most of the worst while upper management took it easy. The CEO is very attached to his product and does not listen to feed back from clients. He also has made very poor decisions in who he keeps at the company and who he has let go. Its all a popularity contest at Vibrant.

Advice to Management

Hire people who know what they are doing instead of people with less experience just because you can get away with paying them less. Also, retain your people. There are some very smart creative people at Vibrant that will seek elsewhere unless they are more valued.

6. "Great Company and People"

Pros

Great people, fun environment, flexible work arrangements, working toward something that I believe in, new technologies being rolled out, ability to enact positive change at an organisational level, good transparency, and an obvious effort from management to keep getting better.

Cons

The company should commit more to individual employees in addition to the overall business goals.

Advice to Management

You've built a great company! To move forward in the best possible way, I think leadership should address the areas that need improvement and how we are going to succeed rather than glossing over it. We're all in this together and I think that if people had more direction they would be able to come up with even more innovative solutions.

"Painful Experience"

Pros

-Learned more here than any company I've worked for
    -Some of the employees are genuinely nice people
    -Free insurance

Cons

-Work hours are bad (9a-6p)
    -Work/life balance only applies if you live in Manhattan
    -Senior Mgmt is completely clueless
    -Cronyism is the way of life here
    -Entitlement of Senior Mgmt is out of control
    -Promotion through attrition is an everyday occurrence
    -Zero formal training
    -No 401k match
    -Salary not competitive
    -Silos built between departments
    -Frequent rounds of layoffs to save money
    -Constant, blatantly stupid ideas and demands that waste money and bring in zero revenue

Advice to Management

Vibrant is a great place brought to its knees by the people that run it. These same people continue to pass on the illusion that they know what they're doing and damn those that don't believe as they do. Instead of accepting different opinions and views, they continue to go to the same empty wells for ideas and talent.

My advice is to shake up management. Get some fresh faces and blood in the mix. Promotions should be earned, not a right. Really learn what the staff, ALL of the staff, is working on, and get a feel for their thoughts. Get rid of those that feel they deserve to be senior staff when the company has been in the toilet for the last 5 years.

Invest in your employees, especially those in entry or mid level positions. They'll return the favor with passion for their work instead of the constant hatred and turnover.

As it is, I would avoid this place at all costs.

8. "Manager"

I have been working at Vibrant Media (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing work/life balance - great people. Open, casual, stimulating atmosphere.

Cons

Lack of senior management and direction.

Advice to Management

Communicate.

9. "Fun fast moving environment"

Former Employee - Head of European Marketing in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Head of European Marketing in Alameda, CA

I worked at Vibrant Media (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, fun environment, flexible and fast moving pace, lots of autonomy

Cons

not always well organised, can be high pressure at times

"Worth the experiebnce"

Pros

Very collaborative and easy going culture, tried their best to keep me on my toes
    Was a great intro into the media world, and a great experience overall

Cons

Wasn't the most well-run experience that I've had, as in I don't think they 100% knew what to do with their interns

Advice to Management

communication and collaboration between departments is key, seemed to be missing a little bit