VibrantCare Rehabilitation Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
David Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Rehab Aide/ Front Desk"

Pros

Really great therapists with positive attitudes.

Cons

Poor management. Gives therapists too many patients in a day to properly give them care. We were told to triple book patients which i think is unfair to the patient. In addition, the front desk staff / aides were given too much work to handle. I would often stay longer to finish up the reports.

Advice to Management

Focus more on patient care

2. "Beware Beware of Vibrantcare"

Former Employee - Rehab Aide in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Rehab Aide in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at VibrantCare Rehabilitation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working and helping the patients

Cons

Dear Ladies and Gentleman, I humbly offer a simply tale…..future employees Beware! Beware Beware the horror of Vibrantcare

It's not a matter of what is wrong, it's a matter of what isn't wrong. The working conditions and how they treat people affects all of the employees negatively. There is a reason this place has a high turnover rate for all employees.

Vibrantcare's primary concern is money, not patient care. I am deeply passionate about helping people, and I felt truly ashamed to work here.

They are metrics driven. They are focused on marketing, metrics, and trying to increase patient volume. They hound people on the metrics and getting in more patients every day to meet financial goals.

Therapists are often working with a high volume of patients and spend very little time with the patients. Some patients complained about the lack of care and ended up asking to be discharged without ever telling the therapist the real reason.

They require physical therapy techs to work front (office) and back (rehab) at their discretion. Often times, you are the only person at all- and they expect you to finish a vast multitude of work solely in the front office alone.

They practice aggressive telemarketing, and yessir! you guessed it! The Physical therapy techs/aides are the ones who are doing this. You will call up to 80 or more doctor's offices a week, amongst other marketing duties. If any of the work isn't done, the techs and front office workers will be questioned by both managers and physical therapists, all of the blame is on you.

They will micromanage the techs/front office like you have never seen. They send out numerous company reports every daily you must complete. They even send out a daily checklist just to show you have completed all of their additional company-specific work and reports (on top of all normal front office duties) that you must send back to a manager every single day. The communication is downright bad, and everything is a dire Emergency which you must solve less the world come to an end.

The techs/aides will be required to drive around the entire phoenix area. You will often be told if and where you're working only the day before, and treated as if you do not have a life or the possibility of wanting to plan your week. You can and should expect to play the puppet, bowing to the king's divine like grace and will.

The cleanliness and sanitation of these clinics could be condemned by the health department, a fact which was stated by some physical therapists who work there. They have put patient used material in the fridge the employees use for food.

In some offices, smiling and laughing with patients or coworkers is not allowed, as the therapist will run up to you and tell you are suppose to be working every time laughter is heard. But you can breathe easy, because in other offices it is ok if you smile :).

Alas, every tale must come to an end, and this prisoner has escaped the dungeon to move on to a better life

3. "physical therapist"

I worked at VibrantCare Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Hard working staff and type of patients you treat

Cons

All upper mgmt cares about is number/money and not quality patient care.

4. "Keep looking"

I have been working at VibrantCare Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Great experiences and long term friendships with staff even after they leave and they always do.

Cons

Over worked. Under paid. Micro-managed. No pay increases.

Advice to Management

Invest in your current employees instead of paying to train new ones every couple of months. How many employees have you lost in the last year?

"Front office Aid/Back office"

Former Employee - Front Office in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Front Office in Sacramento, CA

I worked at VibrantCare Rehabilitation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your Physical Therapist & other aides. They are your Pros & weekends off.

Cons

CBO is your greatest Con. The reports are not accurate. If you work there, you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Your PTO for Anual Holidays is actually your earned vacation time (side notes: yes, that means new people , part time and or Per diem , you do not earn Vacation time).
    Be ready to get slapped with low pay regardless of education. If you're right out of college consider what type of hours you need and make sure you get them.

Advice to Management

Get into the clinics and understand what it is like to really work with these patients. Because showing up & dilly dallying in your laptop in the back isn't you "in the field".

6. "PTA"

Pros

Good and helpful manager and colleagues

Cons

Higher management sucks!! Pays way less than market value and never increases the pay.

7. "San Leandro is the place to work"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in San Leandro, CA
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in San Leandro, CA

I worked at VibrantCare Rehabilitation (Less than a year)

Pros

great management and staff, flexible and fair

Cons

i have nothing bad to say

8. "Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at VibrantCare Rehabilitation part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Monday thru friday most patients loved me easy job good hours

Cons

Management, pay, no communication, too many emails not enough interaction, hard to keep patients to come back most therapists struggle with amount of patients they HAVE to see almost a factory not worried about patient care always these ROLLUPS that get sent out every month to tell us the company is suffering

Advice to Management

communication face to face anybody can hide behind a computer it helps not to think everytime we talk that we are in trouble

9. "Arizona Review"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist/Clinic Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist/Clinic Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at VibrantCare Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

I've been with the company for over 7 years. I wouldn't work for a company or stand for a COD (Clinic Operation Director) if I felt no appreciation and support from my upper management staff. The company has established a great reputation in Phoenix area. Customer Service and excellent patient care is what the company is dedicated on achieving. I have come to know staff members on a personal level and I enjoy my job and the company very much. The benefit package, including paid time off is better than other companies who have attempted to recruit me.

Cons

Some clinics are in need of a good managers. There is a high demand for skilled therapist and a shortage of clinicians in the area.

Advice to Management

Continue to recruit positive upbeat personnel.

10. "Difficult"

Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide
    Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide

Pros

Amazing clinician staff. my physical therapists worked hard to make the clinic run smothly and cared about their patients.

Cons

The corporate side of the company is TERRIBLE! They do not treat any of their staff well including those who have been with the company for 20 years. Like all healthcare companies, they try to get away with inadequate personnel while demanding over booking the schedule.

Advice to Management

You would not have no much turn over if you treated employees like equals.