Victoria's Secret Stores Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

3.4
Les Wexner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be bad sometimes (in 250 reviews)

• Also call in shifts are terrible because you spend your whole day waiting to her if you have to come in (in 120 reviews)

1. "Great working environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

Pros

-Managers were supportive and communicative
    -Sales goals were clearly stated and managers helped us to achieve them
    -The team was close-knit and hardworking
    -Limited Brands values its employees and gives discounts and frequent incentive freebies

Cons

-Pushing the Angels card was too high a priority for my taste

2. "Sales support generalist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and PTO benefits

Cons

Horrible HR and direction. Lacks development

Advice to Management

Manage, don't just use a title as a reason to say or do things.

"PINK STORE in Orland Park"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Associates/employees are GREAT. The sales and Sales support worker do an amazing job. They earn every dollar they make

Cons

Management is THEE worst! Very unethical. Managers are not supportive. They Do not give opportunities to move up. Theres aways an issue with scheduling. The list goes on and on

Advice to Management

Advice to HR....Hire new Managment

4. "Brand I love"

Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount, gratis's, community values. I loved my team members, and loved doing floor sets. Great products. Constantly changing the game in intimates and apparel

Cons

constantly changing sales quotas to be met, goals are unrealistic for demographic and times of days. Sales Generalist role is basically a sales role but you don't make commission and still have to work at the cash wrap, floor sets, projects and shipment... but a sales associate has to meet a SPAH and makes commission and all they do is sell.... a little unfair. management changes are consistent which makes for awful communication or management styles.

Advice to Management

Find a comfortable SPAH for a generalist role. the stress of hitting such a high number when working maybe 8 hours on the floor the whole month is unrealistic. Or when you are working before store hours or after and still have to make up those sales?

5. "Merchandising supervisor"

Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Work life balance. Cannot move up in the company without being favored by a manager.

Advice to Management

Less bureaucracy and more talent search.

6. "Retail Life"

Current Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Gary, IN
    Current Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Gary, IN

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

its like a family, created some awesome friendships

Cons

inconsistent with change values of theft policy has changed

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great team environment that encourages growth.

Cons

Work life balance can be a struggle in certain positions.

"Visual Merchandising Supervisor"

Current Employee - Visual Merchandising Supervisor in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Visual Merchandising Supervisor in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with are great

Cons

No work life balance, no opportunity for growth, company constantly changing its direction

"Wouldn't Recommend for Seasonal Work"

Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Algonquin, IL
    Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in Algonquin, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some really great people worked at my location, especially other girls in university I could chat with on breaks. Everyone was passionate about the brand and making the customers feel good. I actually loved coming in early (~6 am) to set up the floor, etc. but that might be a con for non-morning people. The gratis was also pretty nice, but don't expect dozens of free bras. I noticed the company usually promotes from within and gives all employees the opportunity to advance if they put in the time and work.

Cons

Don't even thinking about going into this job with the notion that it's easy and glamorous - I didn't and I was still disappointed with all the cons. Cattiness and downright rudeness among employees - I was seasonal and one morning while we were doing floor sets a full-time coworker actually told her friends in front of me that she didn't bother getting to know the names of the seasonals because it wasn't worth her time due to the high turnover rate. Definitely some attitude and entitlement issues there. Part of that turnover was probably because of their unrealistic expectations of part-time employees: I was often asked to stay hours after closing to recover the panty drawers and couldn't leave until well after midnight. Horrible sales environment for the introverted as you're meant to dog customers presumably until you reach your goal of selling 4 bras to each customer (as if every customer can afford to do so, let alone want to do so). Once watched a customer get frustrated with a manager's questions and ask to be left alone to try on her items in peace; said manager then radioed to the girl in the dressing room that the customer was having a bad day and she needed to "find out what was bothering her", as if she wasn't just irritated about being heckled. Additionally, I was often criticized by management for not being more "impressionable" - though I helped many customers and told them my name, I was told on more than one occasion that my hourly sales were at zero despite my protests that I regularly watched girls mis-assign names or even skip that step completely at the registers. I'm thick-skinned, but there were a few times I almost cried on the sales floor because of my harsh store manager on that topic. Finally, stay away if you have a bad memory. My short-term is pretty fuzzy because of some medication I'm on, so it took me ages to memorize all the bras and where they were. I'm sure my performance took a hit because of it, but because my sales dropped, the managers literally wouldn't schedule me for two or three weeks at a time, then put me back on the schedule for a week and expect me to memorize all the new store changes.

Advice to Management

Lessen the pressure you put on part-time employees and you wouldn't have such a high turnover rate. Compensate your workers for taking the time to memorize the company's products and layout of the store instead of expecting them to come in early or do it on their own time. Enforce the policy that all training has to be paid - most girls are too intimidated to demand that and lose out on money that should be theirs. Push management to make all employees feel important or at least included, not just full-timers.

10. "A short review"

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company management was impressive.

Cons

The roles changed and people shifted into different stores or sought out different opportunities

Advice to Management

Always raise the standard. Never settle

Showing 132 of 4,532 reviews