Victoria's Secret Stores Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Les Wexner

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be bad sometimes (in 235 reviews)

• Also call in shifts are terrible because you spend your whole day waiting to her if you have to come in (in 119 reviews)

1. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Massapequa, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Massapequa, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back environment, low-volume store, not a lot of pressure, dressing up is encouraged but not mandatory. Great selling incentives. This may be a pro or a con depending on what you're looking for but I often only had to work 4 hour shifts/day

Cons

There is an expectation that you sell $100/hour and if you work in a low-volume store that can be difficult. Employee discount is dismal but you get free bras all the time.

Advice to Management

The store will be more profitable if you let everyone do what they're best at. Let those who are bad at selling clean/register and let the star sellers do their thing.

2. "It was great"

Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY
    Former Contractor - Sales Associate in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was really fun. Employees were like family. Come across many different people. Compensation was great.

Cons

Having to stay all night to fold. Nasty customers.

Advice to Management

Could have been better.

3. "So/so"

Current Employee - Full Time Bra Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores (More than a year)

Pros

-great discount
    -fun and family like sales team
    -beautiful products
    -competitive goals that keep us motivated

Cons

I have had my ups and down with this company. The most frustrating this about it is the lack of communication. We have weekly visits with corporate, and yet none of my managers were not able to communicate with each other or their associates. This made our scheduling process impossible, most days we would end of over working the people working on the sales floor to compensate for the confusion.
    There build their trust with broken promises and will try to drag you in for months at a time, pretending to be clueless about the realities of the companies projection. This makes it impossible to plan for the future and to seek opportunities to advance in the company.
    Self centered managers and sales specialists make the environment tense with lots of passive aggressive behavior.
    Commission is dramatically different, basically nonexistance now

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Be honest with your employees.

5. "Chaotic & competition driven"

Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales and Support Generalist in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn to adapt to a very fast pace environment

Cons

Victoria secret is a very competition based job. It brings a lot of drama and unnecessary problems to the work place. Some of the managers are very rude and do not know how to speak to you or they just don't seem like they care about the issues. They just want a pay check

Advice to Management

Learn how to speak to your workers better and at least act as if you want to help when there is a problem occurring in a store.

6. "Sales Assoicate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Loved my regular customers and coworkers were always chatty and having fun! The discount was fantastic and freebies as well! Hours were good, tend to work 25 hours a week!

Cons

Pressure to make budgets and sales targets was intense. Upper management was too demanding of staff and goals were sometimes unreasonable.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be that a little recognition can go a long way, and to be a bit more reasonable with targets.

"Bra specialist"

Current Employee - Full Time Bra Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They want to see you grow In the company and have a lot of benifits

Cons

Coworkers are young and talk a lot

8. "VS Pink review"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

get to work with cool people, commission, fun work environment,

Cons

hard to grow, impossible to get a raise, no communication,

Advice to Management

stay positive, don't get personal

"Sales Support Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent discount, nice and friendly people to work with

Cons

Operation culture changes a lot, as well as the managers. Inconsistent managers, they would give you different directions. Some of them speak to you unprofessionally and they like to give orders and ask you to fix things for them. Opportunity of advancement are low. Some people work a lot others no at all. Can not combine employee discount with other discounts, everybody has to sell but also do their job as expected but just sales people makes commissions. Can be very stressful, no way to ensure your sell goes to you, low salary for all the work you do.

Advice to Management

Educate the floor managers on how to be a leader and speak to the staff

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Bra Specialist in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great gratis/discount, good associates, fun fast-pace environment

Cons

Late closes, High expectations, No bonus

11. "Bra Specialist"

Former Employee - Bra Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Bra Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Victoria Secret has always been a goal of mine. I've always tuned into their luxurious fashion shows, and wanted to be part of the brand for a long time. When I received a notification for an interview, I was beyond excited for the opportunity.

Cons

Although most people think of this brand as glamorous, the job to keep and display this image from the back of house is not as exciting as it comes off. Victoria Secret should be known for their great deals, but great deals should come with a full staff it constantly replenish items as they run out. Customers are constantly asking for specific items, but most of the times are disappointed because there isn't enough staff to tend to these demands. I've been in a situation where there was a clear shoplifter in my zone, and called for backup since I felt uneasy that this situation could get out of hand, but no management, or security was anywhere to be found. Management team would always point out the shortage of pay-roll, but always expected the same closing quality of a "near-perfect" close.

Advice to Management

Disperse multiple employees in the same zone depending on the room size. It's difficult to engage with customers, drive sales, be genuine, touch-up, and interact with new customers while building relationships with customers at the same time. There should be a limit on how many panties can be brought into the dressing room. Often times, the go-back stack for panties are way too much to successfully close the store perfectly.

Showing 293 of 4,336 reviews