Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews about "employee discount"
57% would recommend to a friend
(292 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "They pay is good and the discount is decent the girls are really nice asking as you play fare." (in 645 reviews)
- "That was the best leader to a group of men and women that needed guidance to be great people." (in 436 reviews)
- "Great atmosphere and coworkers!" (in 359 reviews)
- "Great benefits and plenty of low" (in 341 reviews)
- "Great team and moral at vs" (in 175 reviews)
- "I expressed my interests and since the store had poor management they didn't help me move up." (in 864 reviews)
- "managers can be VERY rude and petty and HR will not do anything about it." (in 563 reviews)
- "Long hours on your feet and the constant folding of the mess that was the underwear drawer hurt my shoulders over time." (in 545 reviews)
- "There was no work life balance for those who were young and great at making the numbers and quota for the day." (in 400 reviews)
- "Too much favoritism" (in 131 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Victoria's Secret and is not affected by filters.
Found 292 of over 12K reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "employee discount"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Nov 22, 2021Seasonal Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMonroeville, PA
30% employee discount and helping people find a nice outfit
Poor management and low pay1
- 4.0Mar 4, 2018Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Get to work with student around the same age as you and great employee discounts
Fast pace and competitive work environment
- 2.0Apr 3, 2017Sales SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDenver, CO
The discount is good i think and they offer free life insurance to full time employees.
Horribly ran, Ive worked in 4 stores. Their health care plans are not good at all. They have done 3 company wide pay cuts in 2 years and suppended commission percentage at least 4 times per years due to higher sales and traffic in store i.e. semi anual sales, holiday, other busy months. So you work hard for equal or less pay.
- 4.0Jan 10, 2015Sales AssociateFormer EmployeeChandler, AZ
The actual company takes care of their employees and of course the discount is a plus. I like that they give you discount on products, sometimes even free, so you can fully understand the product you are selling
This may vary per store but at the store I worked at the management was horrible.
- 4.0Apr 5, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBillings, MT
Employee Discount Create Friendships Fun/Good Work Environment Empowering Women Helping men find something for their wife can be fun
$11/hr, shift can be between 4-8 hours, deeding on the day Shift can get cut depending on how slow it is
- 4.0Jan 26, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Enjoyed working with the company. They provided a lot of opportunities to try out the products with discounts and special prices for employees.
Started with minimum wage, long hours during holidays, and fixing panties after big sales can be a pain
- 3.0Oct 29, 2016Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The gratis and discounts are helpful since employees are always expected to wear the latest clothing. My coworkers are friendly and most have been there awhile.
Managers create a ton of stress on their Sales Associates. If goals and Spas aren't reached then they get on you for it. Getting promoted is tough unless you are top of the line sales associate. Call-ins get in the way of making plans and sometimes shifts get cut dramatically.
- 4.0Oct 12, 2014Operations and Staffing SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBethesda, MD
- Have the chance to meet a lot of different people as coworkers as well as clientele. - Learn a lot about different lingerie along with the 'anatomy' of bras and the human body - Great benefits for both part time and full time employees that range from free merchandise and a generous discount - flexibility with scheduling
- Depending on management, the work environment can be either too demanding, or not serious enough - my store is lucky enough to not be 'cliquey' or 'catty', however I have seen other stores where it is present - there's actually a lot of possibilities for promotions, but they do not come up too often - of course, it's still retail; and schedules vary week to week and holidays can always have crazy work hours
- 1.0Jan 27, 2014DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsColumbus, OH
Compensation is pretty good and there is an employee discount that is pretty good - but you will have no time to yourself to appreciate either because they will have you working 24/7, spinning on worthless nonsense and political BS!
Read through the reviews. There are major problems here. Especially in Direct and specifically with its senior leadership team (starting with the CEO). There have been strong, talented leaders who really made a difference but the ego centric, insecure, politically minded squeeze them out. Several months ago, we lost one of the most talented and effective leaders this organization has ever seen. Our department and business was devastated. Still no one has been hired to replace him. Everything you read about the CEO is true - unfortunately. Just ask about her if you are considering coming to VSD. Also, my friend was in HR at direct and she said that they go onto Glass Door and some of the other social sites and post positive messages to counter all of the negative messages employees post about VS Direct. So beware. Most of the more positive messages you read here are NOT real.1
- 1.0May 21, 2014Bra SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month
Scheduling is horrible, no hours and you may or may not work on certain days (these are called call-ins), don't expect to take your breaks and they will change your schedule without notice. And they do not value their associates at all.