KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Victory Lap Reviews

Updated Nov 5, 2021

Found 27 of over 57 reviews

4.7
Victory Lap CEO Brian Bar (no image)
Brian Bar

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Meet great people in your cohort.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Positive Experience

Sep 19, 2020 - Head of Admissions in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment. I was able to hone in professionally.

Cons

Small start up, Understaffed and underresourced

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

decent job. hard work

Sep 9, 2021 - Delivery Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy job, work by yourself

Cons

long hours, rescues, and must work fast

3. 4.0

Great Learning Opportunity

Aug 25, 2021 - Virtual Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really great learning opportunity. Veterans are helpful, responsive, well informed and experienced!

Cons

I started with a new partnership opportunity so hopefully they have made significant improvements, but initial structure and training on the partnership/product was tough to learn virtually. Learning the sales process in general through Victory Lap was amazing though.

4. 5.0

Free Program that Taught Me Everything about Sales

Jun 3, 2020 - Sales Training Bootcamp in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm pretty shocked this was a free service and honestly thought it was a scam, but it was an awesome training program (especially since I had no previous experience in sales). Biweekly zoom sessions with side work to practice sales tactics Ability to network with people in your area and around the country to gain different perspectives Forces you to try uncomfortable things like practicing calls, emails, and interviews All instructors had amazing energy and really got you pumped about sales Connections to awesome companies

Cons

As someone with zero sales experience, this gave me a great idea of what sales is and isn't If you already have sales experience it may be repeated info but also could be a good way to freshen up your skills

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Helped me start my sales career as a new college graduate

Dec 5, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Victory Lap is a training program to get you involved in the Chicago start up network as a BDR/SDR. Victory Lap taught me to play towards my strength as a candidate, taught me interviewing skills in the specific industry and area, and finally helped me find a company I feel comfortable in. The team works to develop a relationship with you and build a connection, they value you as a person with nuisances, values, and a unique background. I owe the start of my sales career to Victory Lap!

Cons

To clarify: It is not a job you are applying for. You are applying for their training program and network. They then help you find the right company for you and connect you aggressively to get quality interviews.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Somewhat helpful but unfocussed

Dec 6, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were several sessions led that really did provide value. When you consider the sessions dedicated to some of the hard skills associated with sales, there were some I thought were great.. Objection handling was great. However, many more were very rigid, unfocused, and generalized to the point where it would be hard to translate to a company. I don't think this really is going to impact people going forward to BDR positions - they'd be better off getting in the position and learn through trial

Cons

Unfocussed and generalized lessons that will vary per industry, per position, and per company. The transferable skills are communication/human based, and ones I believe can be observed by potential employers in interviews - I don't think any graduate is going to leave Victory Lap with any skill they didn't need. You're asked to use your professional LinkedIn network to source contacts for Victory Lap. I don't think it's in my professional interest to go through that and solicit this contact for others. You're asked to cold call for an actual company that isn't Victory Lap. This 6 hour cold call practice actually has you calling businesses (GREAT) and saying you're employed for this company (BAD.) You're then learning to set demos (GREAT) but doing so as unpaid labor for a company you're not associated with and don't have a job with (REALLLLLY BAD)

4 people found this review helpful

Victory Lap Response

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for the review. Our goal is to provide the essential fundamentals to succeed in your sales career, typically focused on top of the funnel activities. Based on the fact that the majority of students who attend our program are not working with a specific company, we will generalize and provide a framework for best practices that can be applied anywhere. Through 45 cohorts and 600 students trained our NPS has remained greater than 90 because of continuous feedback both positive and constructive. We welcome your comments.

7. 5.0

Great Company!

Nov 8, 2019 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was an amazing place! Helped me improve and get better at selling and interviewing.

Cons

There isn't any cons i can think of right now.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing place to learn more about sales and create career opportunities

May 17, 2019 - Sales Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Victory Lap has an awesome program for those trying to get into sales whether it's a career change or right out of college. They have great instructors who have successful sales backgrounds. The instructors are so helpful both during the program and afterward. They really want to see each person in the program succeed. The curriculum covers all of the fundamentals of sales. They bring in really interesting guest speakers and have all kinds of workshops. This program helped me become so much more confident in my ability to start a sales career and has opened up tons of opportunities for me!

Cons

None! It's a really great program.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Take advantage of this opportunity

Apr 10, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Victory Lap was able to open a lot of new doors for me. Everyone there is extremely knowledgeable and really good teachers.

Cons

Can not think of any. The time you spend training is an investment in yourself.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible company with incredible people

Apr 9, 2019 - Sales Candidate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Victory Lap was there for me in 2016 when I was looking for a new sales job and gave me the tools to take my sales game to the next level. Not only was I able to learn a lot and land a job within their network after the training, but recently I had reached out to them when I was trying to get back into sales and was reintroduced to their more extensive network of companies. Landed a new job with a great company.

Cons

Nothing. They do a great job preparing you for many challenges that you will find yourself dealing with in the sales arena

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews

Victory Lap Reviews FAQs

Victory Lap has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Victory Lap to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Victory Lap employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Victory Lap. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

95% of Victory Lap employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Victory Lap 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Victory Lap to be senior leadership, culture, career development and the cons to be workplace, work life balance, management.