Videomining Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Rajeev Sharma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Rewarding but Challenging"

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay/benefits, flexible scheduling, on the forefront of market research technology, good location

Cons

Payroll has been delayed when the sales struggle-high turnover as a result. Demanding job can be stressful

Advice to Management

sales strategy

2. "Out of touch management"

Current Employee - Computer Programmer in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Computer Programmer in State College, PA

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free cheap coffee...no indentured servitude that I can see. The few customers that we have don’t completely hate us. Good location if you live near campus.

Cons

Top management is terrible. Not only do they not know how to run a business but they are just bar people. Payroll is important to us little people but no so much for them. However, I am sure they never pay themselves late but to us it’s commonplace. So sad!

Advice to Management

Sell the company if you can but I doubt you will be able to find s buyer that stupid!

"Stay far far away"

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a paying job... sometimes

Cons

Company is in financial crisis and can't pay its employees on time. Hasn't been able to for the past few months, that is unless you are one of the favorites in the company, then you get your full pay on time every month. Every month it's a new excuse, and yet another empty promise of when we will actually get paid. None of the upper management have any clue how to run a business. Lots of racial profiling and discrimination going on as well. IE certain employees are allowed to come and go as they please, never working a full week and still collecting full salary while others work 70+ hour weeks. Not to mention no repercussions for just not showing up to work at all. Company was caught taking money out of employee paychecks for our 401k only to not actually deposit it into our accounts. As soon as someone came forward about this the company scrambled to fix it before it could be reported.

Advice to Management

Pack it up, close the doors and stop lying to your clients and employees. Stop engaging in shady and illegal business practices.

"NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO WORK!"

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Don't have to work a full day, can come in whenever you want and leave whenever you want. Pay is okay, when you get it. Technology is interesting until you find out that most of the code is taken from public sources and hacked.

Cons

Don't expect to be paid on time. Misuse of money, bad sales management, lack of orders, equipment failures, etc. No CEO, no one that has any real management experience, people that don't work but get paid. Company expects everything and gives empty promises that they never follow through on. Yelling at staff to get reports. Making people work through holidays with only promises to compensate. "we will pay next friday" should be the companies new empty slogan! Friday comes, no pay, just more excuses. "we are changing banks" "we have a big sale coming in but do not have the PO yet." "things did not happen as quickly as we wanted" You name it, we all heard it, but still no pay! DO NOT do the 401K program!!! They take money out of your check but don't put it into your 401K and do not deposit matching funds! They sell nice stock options, but the reality is there are no stock options for you!

Advice to Management

Sell the technology to make your millions, stop abusing your employees. Rajeev: stick with being a sales person, CEO responsibilities are beyond your depth!

"Nightmare for employees"

I worked at Videomining Corporation full-time

Pros

Free cheap coffee, near university

Cons

Never be fooled by this company. If you are an international student, stay away from this company. They will not support h1b visa even they said they would.

They delayed paying since 2016 and it still happens in 2017. Don't join this company if your nationality is not beginning with "I", "K" or "US".

More than 60% employees are in VP, manager titles. If you are in the 40%. Good luck.

"Stressful, But Rewarding"

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time

Pros

It's interesting work that provides great exposure to a lot of top manufacturers. They work with an incredible number of big industry players for such a small company. You do ultimately feel like you're contributing to a bigger cause.

Cons

It's a start-up, so you are at the mercy of the sales cycle.

"Good work.. no pay"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in State College, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in State College, PA

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Interesting and challenging work
    - Free crappy coffee
    - Casual work environment

Cons

- Paid late on a regular basis, with no apology or extra compensation (violation of PA Wage Collection and Payment Law)
    - Started a 401(k) program, pay withheld and not showing up in the account (violation of ERISA)
    - Insanely high turnover rate (typically employees will stay < 1 year)
    - Poor benefits structure

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES AS REQUIRED BY LAW!

To prospective employees: Stay far away! Management will expect you to work insanely hard to compensate for overpromising, and then will not even pay you what you are owed.

"Data analytics"

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time

Pros

Good concept for the technology

Cons

CEO is a waste! He doesn't care about his employees and NEVER pays them on time!!! Delayed pay checks are a given and management doesn't feel that they need to even apologize for this.

"Confused Company"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at Videomining Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good core technology with numerous patents. Products developed in an academic environment mostly on money from research grants. University environment.

Cons

Extremely fragmented marketplace which is very difficult to market to; this combined with a sales and business strategy that seems to be ever changing makes for a very difficult time.

Advice to Management

Bring in a professional CEO who knows how to manage and lead a company....not the academic who sits in his closet type office and waits for the phone to ring hoping someone who wants to do business is at the other end if the line. Hire a strategy person with real world accomplishments and success instead of the current amateur who has zero track record of success.

"This place is a joke!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I have been working at Videomining Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free crappy coffee and a few decent co-workers.

Cons

Employee's come and go like a revolving door. There is a serious issue with communication between the different teams and management. In the past 6 months, the CEO, CFO and HR are no longer with the company, with no real explanation as to why they are gone. Those of us that are still here are being worked to death with no incentives.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees better before we all leave.