Vidyo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Michael Patsalos-Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Stocked kitchen (if you care about that) (in 9 reviews)

• Managers will let you work from home when needed, great flexibility for work life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very poor compensation for the long hours expected (in 5 reviews)

• Major lack of focus on what the company wants to be when it grows up - hardware (in 3 reviews)

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vidyo is a great place to work at. It allows me to balance my personal and work Life . Excellent Healthcare plan. Opportunity for growth. Employee engagement. Employees appreciation.

Cons

Expect a lot of work since the company is going through restructure. However, if you like challenges, this is the the place to be!

Advice to Management

I can't think of any. Keep it up!

"Work hard play hard"

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, lovely people, fun events, challenging work

Cons

Can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep this up!

"Love my coworkers"

I have been working at Vidyo full-time

Pros

Ability to work remotely. Clear direction and focus. Great people to work with and for.

Cons

The pace is frenetic, but it beats the alternative for sure.

"Great company, great people"

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I find the culture here exciting and energetic. The employees are all extremely intelligent and innovative and the executive team is driven, and strategically focused. People are friendly, great events and corporate team building activities, and the HR team really puts in effort to make sure everyone is happy. Kitchen is fully stocked with healthy lunch/ snack options - so important! Working here gets two thumbs up

Cons

Nothing bad to say at this time.

"Exciting Future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with Vidyo for many years and have seen it evolve over time. Vidyo has extremely brilliant, talented and experienced employees that are approachable and willing to share what they know without hesitation.

Vidyo also has over 170 patents (..and counting!) and is the pioneer of creating a software-based videoconferencing solution that leverages the use of a scalable video codec (SVC), allowing customers to leverage the use of mobile devices and desktop PCs to join and host conferences from networks that are far from perfect. Recently, Vidyo has re-positioned its products and partnerships so that they are in alignment with it's strengths. It is now prepared to continue mastering the collaboration space, take advantage of the booming healthcare and financial services customer engagement markets and provide a robust platform to customers that wish to develop their own applications and embed video into their workflow.

Vidyo has successfully launched and scaled its cloud-based services and never has it been easier to start using Vidyo, eliminating the need for the deployment and administration of on-premises infrastructure.

Vidyo has vested in new tools that will allow their employees to become more efficient and scale their services.

Vidyo has had some major wins and has proven to be able to run the show for enterprise giants like Bloomberg, CERN and many others.

Vidyo takes very good care of its employees, offering perks like stocked kitchens, fun events and summer hours to name a few.

The recent changes to leadership have been very positive.

Vidyo is always looking for new talent and has a fantastic intern program

As of writing this, I am thoroughly convinced that Vidyo can accommodate the needs of prospects looking for either:

1. VidyoConnect - a turn-key video collaboration solution that is cloud-based, hybrid or on-premises
    2. VidyoEngage - embed video into your customer engagement experience with integrated call routing or with our integrating with Genesys
    3. Vidyo.io - embed video into your existing workflow by means of our robust set of APIs or by developing your own application

Cons

As with any organization, Vidyo has undergone some growing pains as it aligns its future plans, products and staff. Although this can be a con, it can also be a pro...change is part of life and as long as we embrace it and row forward, we're destined to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue:

- acknowledging and rewarding employees that perform well, listening to your employees and customer concerns
    -implementing metrics that allow you to measure the load and performance of your employees
    -investing in support reporting metrics and enhancing your support tools so that we can further improve our pro-activeness
    -hosting fun events for employees to socialize

"Professional growth opportunity if you like to challenge yourself!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great technology, relevant customers, remote work, amazing healthcare plan, easy commute for NYC and Northern NJ, opportunity to grow. New CEO is focusing the company on its core strenghts; healthcare, finserv and APIs, and finally, having a great time after some struggle over the last 2 years.

Cons

Expect a lot of work since they company continue to transition completely into a Cloud platform focused on specific markets.

Advice to Management

Employees, especially the legacy ones, should get more education about healthcare and financial services since this is focus of the company.

"Technical Publications"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leadership supports team collaboration and offers their time and expertise. Additionally, the entire company supports a sense of community and offers a superior benefits package.

Cons

There are none. There is an excellent leadership team and great employee benefits. People like and respect each other and the value each position brings.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Vidyo provides exceptional HD quality video and audio experience to their customers in emerging markets such as finance and healthcare. The management promotes organized and accountable teams with the ultimate goals of satisfying customers and continued business growth.

""Best company I worked for""

I have been working at Vidyo full-time

Pros

Videoconferencing as a whole is an exciting market. The number of use cases today is fascinating. I love the healthcare and financial services focus and our newly formed executive team. Our customer portfolio is one every company should strive for.

People are wonderfully skilled. Everyone is a good person and I am very humbled to be working with such a group.

Great compensation, fully paid benefits and perks including a fully stacked kitchen, Friday summer hours, day off for birthdays and many more.

Cons

Competitive market, with many new players. Long period of restructuring to become a more efficient and focused organization.

Advice to Management

Make quick decisions and move forward.

"Amazing people"

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Vidyo has the best employees of any company I've ever worked for. Everyone gets along well, we all care about eachother and the work we do.
    - Benefits fully paid for employees and dependents
    - Managers will let you work from home when needed, great flexibility for work life balance
    - Vidyo has a lot of fun events for the employees to gather at least once a month in a social space

Cons

Sometimes projects take a long time to get off the ground but once a decision is made it's expected to be implemented asap.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum with our new focus and continue to invest in the employees

"New Healthcare Era for Vidyo!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Vidyo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vidyo has shifted its product and services focus to healthcare. It's very obvious to me that the executive leadership is cascading a clear vision to individual contributors. As a result, there is a collective team focus and energy that is taking shape. In our sales organization, our leader is transparent and focused and pushing for the right changes to ensure Vidyo continues to be a leader in Telehealth.

Cons

With any paradigm, there are bumps people experience as a result. If you're a change agent, the bumps are no big deal.

Advice to Management

The transparency internally and externally with regards to Vidyo's road map is refreshing. Continue to listen to your customers and invest in engineering and product development in order to meet the healthcare market demands.