Viget Labs Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 9, 2017

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian W. Williams

1. "Amazing Place To Work!"

Former Intern - Visual Design Intern in Falls Church, VA
    Former Intern - Visual Design Intern in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Viget Labs as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture and a very encouraging environment. Everyone is incredibly kind and helpful and provides great guidance to new interns. You'll learn a lot while you're there. Really unlike anywhere else I've ever worked.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a single con, to be honest.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

"Wonderful internship experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Falls Church, VA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Viget Labs as an intern

Pros

You will leave immensely inspired. They're great at what they do and are also kind and welcoming people. You'll meet lots of new people - make all the connections you can and pay attention to how Viget is run - because they're doing a great job of it. Name recognition on your resume is a great perk, too.

Cons

You won't do any client facing work...but then again you also won't be running coffee orders. Some full-timers work very long hours but internship workload was very reasonable.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, just remember that billable hours aren't everything.

3. "Viget Internship"

Current Intern - Rails Developer in Boulder, CO
    Current Intern - Rails Developer in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Viget Labs as an intern

Pros

Extremely supportive staff.
    Very helpful orientation meetings and industry insights.
    Tons of mentorship and personal advising.

Cons

Funding is slightly low - internship is non-paid, though a stipend is offered.

4. "INCREDIBLE Team, Fantastic Professional Growth"

Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Falls Church, VA

Pros

Interviewing for interning at Viget was the hardest interview process I've ever done -- including for full-time roles. It was 100% worth it. This company is very protective of their unique (and genuine) culture, so they truly vet you in the interview process to ensure you're what they're looking for as a member of their team. But once you're in...

You're treated like a full-time employee, with full access to company data and culture. You will receive a personalized, challenging intern experience that forces you to develop into a better individual, and you will meet some truly talented people in the process. Watch out-- working at Viget makes it hard to go elsewhere!

Cons

- Small team
    - location to some (outside of DC, not in the city)
    - hard work (not good if you're lazy/trying to get a resume line)

Advice to Management

Stay true to your business principles and you'll have no problem.

5. "Great leadership, awesome culture, unbelievable coworkers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Viget Labs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is how companies should work. Brian and Andy (CEO and President) truly care about their company and their people, and their dedication shows in a multitude of ways. Employees are driven and talented, while understanding the importance of a work / life balance. Cool clients, fun projects, great people.

Cons

Some long weeks and some projects that aren't 100% fun, but I think that's common across most agencies.

"Inspiration, Innovation, and Constant Improvement."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Falls Church, VA

Pros

Amazingly smart and hard-working colleagues mean project teams always get the job done to a high standard. It's really satisfying to work at a place like that.

Learning/knowledge-sharing between peers is unparalleled, and the level of innovation is inspiring. That's how we end up with products that we can be proud of.

The expectations are really high, based on the history of amazing work, but there's a culture of appreciation for mistakes and failures. That culture nurtures risk-taking and professional growth. Because of this environment, we are able to find ways to constantly improve both our work and our own skill sets.

No two days are the same, no two projects are the same, but with every challenge there's a new opportunity for learning and problem-solving. It's just fun and exciting.

Cons

Too many interesting projects - not enough time in the day to do them all. It's easy to get so caught up in the work that you end up spending many long days in a row at the office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The strategy of finding smart, passionate, interesting people and giving them the freedom to do the job the way they want to do it has been a risky choice to take, but it seems to have worked perfectly.

7. "Wonderful company and culture"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Viget Labs as an intern

Pros

Challenging and exciting work in a learning and development focused environment. The firm differentiates itself through its friendly and intelligent people. Great perks as well!

Cons

I have no major cons regarding Viget. As an intern, I could not have asked for a more enjoyable and engaging summer experience.

Advice to Management

Thank you for a wonderful summer and I wish you all the best of luck going forward. I am confident that the future for Viget is very bright.

8. "All the ingredients for a great agency"

I have been working at Viget Labs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people
    Super high standard for work quality
    Team atmosphere
    High profile clients
    Unique project challenges
    Work / life balance
    Relaxed and friendly culture
    Amazing benefits
    Flat structure/hierarchy

Cons

Sometimes the flat structure can mean a lack of vision or ability for quick change--it's left up to individuals that feel empowered enough to make a difference

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, work through the potential growing pains with some added structure to support change

"Terrific people and work environment."

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Viget Labs full-time

Pros

Surrounded by the best, work from some of the coolest clients.

Cons

Low pay (they tell you that's the trade off for working with great clients), and 45 hour weeks that are logged in Harvest.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your young talent.

10. "Absolutely fantastic, hard-working, smart people"

I worked at Viget Labs part-time

Pros

Excellent culture, probably the best I've ever seen in a company. Laid-back, family atmosphere that feels completely authentic and in no way contrived. The work they produce is impressive, but it's really the people that make the company.

Cons

They expect a lot from their employees; you won't find an easy job here. But it seems worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You guys are awesome.