Viggle Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Viggle Chairman & CEO Robert F.X. Sillerman
Robert F.X. Sillerman

"A place where you learn and grow quickly"

Former Employee - Revenue in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Revenue in New York, NY

Pros

Viggle has a collaborative, open, and friendly culture. Working in that environment enabled me to learn things it would have taken years to learn in a different company. People are encouraged to jump in and make things happen. In two years, I learned what the revenue function does across all of the functions, and also learned a lot about technology. I grew immensely in the two years at Viggle and appreciative of the opportunity. Also made a bunch of friendships that I'll have for a long time to come. Great benefits and office space/location.

Cons

There have been changes in the direction of the business so if you are averse to shifting gears quickly, this might not be the right fit for you. You have to be very flexible in your attitude.

Advice to Management

Focus more on growing the business by listening to users.

2. "Employee until this year, they downsized a lot (but I quit)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Cool office space and nice aesthetic and friendly workers

Cons

No HR department, poor management, severely underpaid for amount of work

3. "Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Viggle (More than a year)

Pros

cool office, start up environment

Cons

inexperienced management team. long hours. low pay

Advice to Management

Hire experienced folks

5. "Confusion at Viggle"

I worked at Viggle full-time

Pros

The company known as Choose Digital was acquired by Viggle. Choose Digital had a great environment lead by its 2 owners.

Cons

Very much a confused environment as far as goals and long term purpose. Huge turnover on management due to a fragile finance.
    Unfortunately, Viggle, a public company, had a very different environment, and some of the CD employees were let go. This practice was very common on Viggle acquisitions.

Advice to Management

The company changed to "Draft Day" to work with sports. Make sure you have a long term purpose, business strategy, and more important adequate funding!

"My Time at Viggle"

Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Viggle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment and great opportunity for growth

Cons

None to share at the moment

Advice to Management

Please continue to communicate and train properly

"A wonderful start to my career..."

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Viggle (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Viggle as a contractor three years ago and have held multiple titles during my tenure. I received a lot of support from all levels of the company who supported my career growth.

Amazing people, great company culture.

Cons

The company has made a few missteps over the years, but the tide is turning and the right team is now in place to take it to the next level.

Advice to Management

Keep up the feeling that Viggle is still a growing, fun, exciting place to be again.

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Viggle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My experience at Viggle was far better than any other company I have worked for. The people, work/life balance, job itself and culture made going to work everyday enjoyable. Viggle is a startup which requires it's employees to be forward thinkers and self motivators making it is a great please to learn, be challenged, and gain extremely valuable experience in a short period of time.

Cons

The app hasn't taken off yet, but the momentum is there and the people behind the scenes are all working hard to make it happen.

"Lots of upside"

Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Viggle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything said about Viggle over a year old is too dated to be relevant. After the organization bloated itself with acquisitions, the company went through a major restructuring that left it strong but lean. The workplace has the comforts and culture of a mid-stage startup, but with the market position and the opportunities of the publicly traded media pioneer it is.

Cons

There's currently high turnover as founder-generation employees move on, and many were experts that leave large holes to fill.

Advice to Management

Staff back up and start selling the product's next story. There's a chance to solve a major entertainment problem and we should take it.

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

Pros

This place started out as something new, exciting, potentially groundbreaking, but that didn't last. Location is great, some people are nice and fun OUTSIDE the office.
    Great experience and helped to learn what kind of place NOT to work at!

Cons

It quickly fell apart. Complete lack of upper management and unrealistic goals for every time. Before one thing is fixed, they try to add a new product and it just doubles the amount of issues, while decreasing the userbase. It's only a matter of time before this place completely shuts down and everything everyone worked on becomes a waste of time. How some of these people have jobs is mind boggling. It's tough to ask questions without getting your head bitten off and/or completely ignored. Everyone here is fake.

Advice to Management

just give up already and shut this place down. people are miserable and the app is failing. hiring people with no experience is just wasting more time.

"We've been through lots of organizational changes, but things are moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Viggle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Viggle acquired several companies over the past couple years. As with any acquisition, there were kinks to be worked out. There were culture clashes, big organizational changes and tough decisions to be made. Many people left of their own accord; many people were asked to leave, too. Several of those people wrote reviews here, resulting in an unbalanced view of the company. Like any story, there's more than one side. We have a great team of engineers, designers and product managers in SF and we have internal "customers" in NY who are thrilled with the products we're building. We just shipped Viggle 2.0, which is a huge improvement over the last version of the app. We have a ton of autonomy from the NY office and we've built a reputation that we can deliver great products. We have a gorgeous office in the design district (where FiDi hits North Beach and Chinatown) and we're close to great restaurants, ferries, BART, MUNI and GGT. The past 18 months have been challenging -- and that's an understatement. But I feel like we've turned a corner. Many of the people who were responsible for the toxicity in the culture are no longer working here. We're only replacing them with people who fit the culture we're trying to create and we're excited about what the future holds.

Cons

Acquisitions brought dozens of new products into the Viggle fold over the past two years. Figuring out what to shutter, what to integrate and what should live on as standalone properties was really hard. There were also many challenges with HR: resolving PTO balances, stock grants, retention bonuses, etc. After a lot of storming, we worked this stuff out and, with some understandable exceptions, management met all of their commitments.

Advice to Management

Keep building trust with your new employees. Be clear when articulating our goals. Create more long-term visibility into the budget and roadmap and be nimble enough to course-correct as we go.

Viggle Response

Apr 23, 2015 – HR Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback!