Vilebrequin Reviews | Glassdoor

Vilebrequin CEO Roland Herlory
Roland Herlory

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "vilebrequin manager"

Pros

great corporate management, very understandable and helpful. area manager is the best.

Cons

not a lot of growth opportunities since the company is fairly small

Advice to Management

Find little projects to do because there is a lot of downtime.

2. "worst place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Vilebrequin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

discounts on merchandise
    free lunch at (certain locations)
    free parking at (certain locations)

Cons

store managers are unorganized.
    HR will consider you combative if you report the store managers behavior.
    HR and store managers are usually related and side with the store manager instead of finding solutions.
    women clothing isn't up to par.

Advice to Management

hire luxury

3. "The first step into luxury/high end retail"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Vilebrequin part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going
    Small stores
    Base Pay is decent for someone with no experience

The work is fairly easy, BUT as a sales associate in a higher end (high price point "luxury") store, you still have to perform all store responsibilities like stocking, inventory, and store maintenance.
    All key holders/sales associates basically manage the store whenever the managers are not in. You end up structuring your own management for the day, so that is good experience in developing those skills.
    The whole brand experience and values are super laid back vacation vibes.
    I'd really recommend this job if someone wants to move up out of regular retail and wants to step into a store that requires more work to operate on an individual level, and its a good first step into higher end retail and a more professional sales level.
    50% discount on everything. --- though product is still too expensive to purchase at whatever your pay is.
    The uniform is very relaxed and comfortable, don't need to dress professionally, but compared to nearby stores, you will always feel out of place.

Cons

The product is hard to sell to new customers
    No commission
    The corporate management poorly communicates with store representatives.
    Its a retail store, expect to work weekends.
    The need for this clothing is so seasonal that it is nearly impossible to properly clientele.
    Sometimes customers or walk ins will insult you and the brand because of the insane price point, but the tradeoff is that loyal customers are always so caring and loving. I had one client, who works in wholesale sauce, sent me a whole box of different sauces as a gift!
    The bonus reward system, besides weekly goals (which pays little), is sometimes so hard to achieve and usually based on regional competitions, so you will hardly ever earn the rewards, especially when competing against busier stores.
    Used to be able to earn credit to use towards store products, but that was taken away and now unable to work for products.
    Pay raises were minimal, I'm talking 25-50 cents increases.
    You were just selling product, it was hard to ever feel like you were representing something you really cared about.

Advice to Management

Add commission in order to boost sales. If the team feels like they wont make the weekly goal, minimal bonus, the team won't make extra effort to continue sales. A commission bonus for every transaction will motivate to sell harder regardless of weekly goal.
    I'd recommend giving more back to your associates, it was hard to ever feel like I had been part of a culture, and more often than not I had to step up and brand the store as a culture and lifestyle more than what directives from upper management told us.
    There needs to be opportunity for growth or larger pay increases, for a company that wants to be considered high end, this also needs to be a high end retail work environment.

4. "Don’t believe what your being promised"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Vilebrequin part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice co-workers, paid 45 min breaks after working more than four hours.

Cons

overschedule part timers, promised transfer that was never considered, management does not delegate tasks evenly among staff members.

Advice to Management

Treat others the way you expect to be treated.

"Sales Associate"

Pros

Cool and fun prints. Cool quality. Matching opportunities. Employee discounts. Multiple fits for the whole family. Good interactions with coworkers.

Cons

Corporate is so unrealistic, very redundant, and talk to people as if they are remedial. Yes product knowledge is important, but giving us weekly quizzes and forcing the brand down our throats isn’t going to help you gain sales if the brand is struggling as a whole. Their marketing strategy is in the gutter and puts pressure on the associates to sell things they don’t even advertise (ie: Womens). People will buy if they want to, for the most part they could care less of how it’s made. The incentives do not motivate us at all, and need to bring better ideas for motivation.

They critique everything you do as if this is a career and micromanage everything. They expect associates to perform supervisory and managerial duties without proper compensation.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and PAY A LIVING WAGE! How is this luxury if you guys are adding new associates and cutting hours for senior employees!? Stop being so cheap with wages and tools we use to complete daily tasks!
    I would not recommend working here. This brand has one of the highest turnover rates I’ve ever seen.

"What a horrible place to be"

I worked at Vilebrequin part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Use to be fun and easy

Cons

As time went on we went a whole year w/o a manager and we had to pick up all the work a manager would do we worked long hours at a dead end job. They had two employees there who they told were going to be manager in training, they had them in that position for about 2 years and hire a random new girl to be manager. Than on the employee book it says if you refer someone and they hire them you get a bonus they lied and threatened an employee for write ups if they kept being “insubordinate” lastly they messed up my social security # on my paper work and never fixed it so now things like taxes are impossible to do.

Advice to Management

You guys are horrible never cared about the customers input nor employees . Would just hire new people to try to fix the problem and it’s never going to work.

"Luxury Brand with Trailer Practices"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Vilebrequin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quality product, Fun designs, Clientele generally happy, very minimal effort for sales or management experts

Cons

very low wages ($11 for salespeople, lucky if you can squeeze $45K as a female retail manager, wages based on prior friendships with HR or management) when least expensive swimsuit is $120 for kids and $190 for adult male, disrespect for retail management and staff, lack of real incentives. no room for growth, no hours for part-timers (8-10 hours on average)

Advice to Management

People shop with people not with companies, treat your people right, retain quality people and give them opportunity for growth and your sales margin will expand beyond your wildest imaginations. Treat your employees like crap, they will produce mediocre results. PAY A LIVING WAGE.

"Dissatisfied Former Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Vilebrequin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Colorful atmosphere and easygoing mentality. District manager does not micromanage as he never visited or hardly reached out to touch base despite living just minutes away.

Cons

Was hired for a new location without being informed that it was a "pop up" location. I left a company where I had good job security and environment to take this role. I was fortunate that there was movement and a new role was created to a larger volume door. The manager I replaced was also promoted. That manager received an increase for his new role as I did not. No development, opportunity for growth or feedback from upper management. Inconsistency with pay rates among employees. Found that the female employees that were given offers or working in my stores were offered less than male candidate offers at my locations. When I mentioned this to my DM, I was told it was due to the experience each had. I found this to be not true as the female employee at my first location had just as much experience as my male employee. When filling a similar role at my second location my newest male hires with less retail background were still offered more than female staff members despite not having an extensive sales background in retail. All offers were issued by HR.

Advice to Management

More consistency.

9. "No room for growth"

I worked at Vilebrequin full-time

Pros

Fun Products
    Good discount

Cons

No room for growth
    No commission
    Unrealistic Sales goals

"Won't Suggest Working Here!"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Vilebrequin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was a decent discount and the uniform made it easy to dress in the morning.

Cons

The list could go on and on. Upper management was a nightmare to work with HR was worse. There was a major disconnect between G3 , the brand in the US and the brand HQ in FR. I would not recommend this company to anyone

Advice to Management

Get trained and treat staff as if you want to be treated