Villa Pizza Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Ben Scotto

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "very good place to work"

I have been working at Villa Pizza full-time

Pros

very close knit upper management team

Cons

long hours and face paced enviroment

Advice to Management

no 55 hours a week

2. "They said he only gives minimums wage"

Current Employee - Cashier in Mercedes, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Mercedes, TX

I have been working at Villa Pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have me a job

Cons

The wages are not good and said that will not give raise

3. "It Alright I Guess..."

Pros

For the most part it's pretty simple. You're either cooking, cleaning, reheating food for customers, and/or serving. The register might take a little time to learn if you've never used one though.

The people working there are pretty chill, including one of the managers. They're very easygoing and one of the main highlights of the job.

You get to meet a lot of new people, some frequent customers in the mall who tell interesting stories.

Discount and sometimes free food.

Cons

The job itself is easy but boring and repetitive.

It's a tight space, not enough room to move about like we really need to but it is a mall.

Not enough workers on shifts due to scheduling and corporate wanting to save money and not give 30+ hours a week.

You're expected to dabble in everything no matter what you were originally hired to do.

No healthcare or benefits.

No hair nets, just hats. This should at least be optional considering we all wear the same shirts with black pants. Some of us would feel better about working around food if we wore a hair net but the only option is the hat.

They expect you to talk to everyone who passes by. Everyone. Including people not looking the direction of the restaurant, people talking on the phone, and people talking amongst themselves or past five feet away. If you can see them you have to speak to them.

Conflicting words/actions. One manager is pretty chill. That one would rather work on preparing for guest then drawing them in when they show interest. That manager also wanted us to make no assumptions about guests needs and ask precise and obvious questions to get things right the first time. The other manager wanted us to draw in guest even when we weren't prepared and basically prepare for them, if we were unprepared, as they came. It's all about money. We were also to assume guests wants until told otherwise. Don't ask if they want ice, if they want sauce, if they want bread, if they want their for here, etc., just assume that they do unless told otherwise. That manager also said so many conflicting things during high volume periods that they confused the workers which slowed progress.

Lots of standing. You stand for your entire shift and you may not get breaks or lunch even when you're supposed to get one for longer than 15 minutes. Considering you're standing all day and working in heat there should be a thirty minute break every four hours.

Advice to Management

You don't want to give people 30+ hours a week and have them get benefits, fine, but at least spend more money to have more people on each shift, not including the manager. There needs to be four or five people on a shift so things run more smoothly.

I know you're trying to draw in customers and make sales but the company policy of speaking to everyone needs to be a little more lax. No one wants to be harassed while considering their choices. It can get annoying for potential customers. You're the only pizza place in the mall, lots of people love pizza. The only thing they hesitate about and look past Villa for is the cost. One chicken wing alone costs about as much as the share pack of candy at a local grocery store and for one slice of pizza you could by a whole medium or even large pizza at the competition for that or a dollar extra. Half of the people I waited on winced at the prices and 1/4 of them walked away.

Hair nets. It would be a wonderful thing and a great alternative than sticking people with thick curly hair, twists, dreads, or afros in a hat that can barely fit. The hair net would be better for the foods sake anyway.

I'm giving it three stars for the people and how easy it is to get off days but the only reason I'm still working here is to have money while I look for another job.

"Terrible Culture, Benefits & Executive Team"

Former Employee - Corporate in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Corporate in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Villa Pizza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros are there is no accountability. You can make mistakes, miss deadlines and do nothing and you won't get fired.

Cons

Terrible pay, benefits and only 6 company holidays - unless you are part of the family.

Advice to Management

Bring in a consultant to clean house. Get rid of your long term executive team who have never worked anywhere else and have no education.

5. "It's okay"

Pros

I like my coworkers and my gm.

Cons

Can buy every store an Ipad for recipes and another for the Belly rewards program but not give employees raises.

6. "Ok Company, not a bad culture however the pay is not what you truly expect"

I have been working at Villa Pizza full-time

Pros

Customers make the job worthwhile seeing the children happy.

Cons

Not really enough pay to support your family.

7. "new with the job"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Villa Pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good price for employee meals, slow pace environment

Cons

old register system
    bleach and water as sanitation for equipment

Advice to Management

none

8. "District Manager"

Pros

Store hours help make it a better than average quality of life for the restaurant business. open mostly 9AM to 9:00 pm.

Cons

Out dated register systems. Makes it difficult to run strong P/L. Too much time chasing numbers. Large areas of control to cover

Advice to Management

Need to invest in Manager develop. A lot of young managers that are looking are looking to grow with Villa.

9. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Neptune, NJ
    Former Employee - General Manager in Neptune, NJ

I worked at Villa Pizza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Strong leadership, great growth potential, privately owned.

Cons

Very difficult to find quality staff in the demographics of their business

Advice to Management

Be patient the company believes in training and takes every opportunity to do so!

10. "GM"

Former Employee - General Manager in Tarentum, PA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tarentum, PA

Pros

Promotes within, free food, fun sales goals to achieve

Cons

long hours 55+ hours a week, understaffed, upper mgmt is a joke, pay isnt the best, health insurance is a joke

Advice to Management

pay close attention to people who are stealing from company and using store safe as their personal bank