Village Green Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Diane Batayeh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Property Management is a very rewarding career, you just need to learn to keep your work-life balance in check" (in 24 reviews)

• "They expect a lot from you but the upper management team never showed appreciation when you're making a lot of sales" (in 24 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Village Green full-time

Pros

Benefits and culture in the office are great

Cons

Hard to make a lot of money

2. "Good company but you'll have to put in some work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire and promote you even without a college degree if you are willing to put in the time. It's not a demanding job and the benefits are great.

Cons

Getting promoted is not a guarantee. The promotions can be somewhat political. Commission is based on demand so you won't make as much in the slow seasons.

Mar 14, 2019 – Talent Management Administrator

We appreciate your positive review and are happy to have you on the Midwest team. We would love to discuss your potential career path and any questions or concerns you may have regarding promotions... More

3. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Portage, MI

I have been working at Village Green full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement and growth.
    Recognition.
    Authenticity.

Cons

It's a challenging job but highly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep developing People Services department and doing what you're doing.

Mar 1, 2019 – Talent Management Administrator

Thank you! We are so glad you are a part of the Midwest team. We look forward to bright future with you!
    -Area Director, Midwest Region

4. "Great company with low pay"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commissions, room to grow nd a sext support system

Cons

Very low hourly pay. Always short staffed.

Feb 22, 2019 – Talent Management Administrator

Please allow me to say thank you for providing your candid feedback. Village Green and their associates can only be aligned when we have open dialogue and work to always improve upon and execute our... More

5. "Overall great company."

I have been working at Village Green full-time

Pros

Great culture. Awesome people to work with. Everyone wants to see everyone succeed and is always helping others to do so.

Cons

Very little support from upper management. Takes forever to get emails responded to, sometimes if at all. Area directors are supposed to visit sites weekly, yet I only see mine once every 4 to 6 months. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't ignore email communications on top of that. Usually the company is really great about putting their people first, however we are currently facing life threatening temperatures and officials are advising everywhere that no one go outside or commute unless its a dire emergency. Businesses everywhere are closing due to the weather conditions. Corporate office closed, but is forcing the sites to stay open and put their lives at risk., despite all the warnings.

Advice to Management

Be more involved. Don't just leave your sites to figure everything out by themselves. Also, don't be so concerned about making money, that you put your employees in unnecessary danger. Officials give warnings for a reason. I hope no one loses their life freezing to death while trying to please Village Green.

Feb 1, 2019 – Talent Management Administrator

Good morning, and we appreciate your sharing feedback of Village Green on Glassdoor. I am sorry to hear that you do not feel supported by upper management. Visiting your community is a priority, and... More

6. "Leasing professional"

Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Leasing Professional in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun entry level position that allows autonomy and creativity. Has a great training program.

Cons

A lot of company politics that can make advancement a bit bias

Advice to Management

Pay attention to team & individual morale for successful, productive team atmosphere.

Jan 30, 2019 – Talent Management Administrator

We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the company over the last 3 years. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed many great things about your position thus far.
    -Area Director, Midwest... More

7. "looks nice but its a mess"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Village Green full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice building you stay inside

Cons

managment wont address problems with staff

Feb 19, 2019 – Talent Management Administrator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Village Green has an open door policy and all associates are encouraged to discuss concerns and opportunities in real time. We take our commitment to providing... More

"Na"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The insurance is really good, and the residents make the job worth going to. I have nothing positive to say about management- I have no idea how any owner would hire this company!

Cons

Hands down the worst company to work for. Their “training” is not helpful at all if you work at a small property. There is no encouragement when you do something well, but they are very quick to reprimand if you mess something up— which is typically due to poor management/ guidance!!!

Advice to Management

Just because someone was a good sales consultant and complete classes does not make them management qualified. As much as I can appreciate promoting from within, I have encountered more unqualified managers in my year + with this company than the past 30 years work experience combined. A person that does not like people... should not manage people. Unfortunately you host the most miserable human as an area director, which has run off SO many great people. They seem more caught up in a popularity contest then actually caring about each other.

Jan 24, 2019 – Talent Management Administrator

We are sorry to hear about your experience with VG. As part of the onboarding process for our new associates, we always strive to provide the proper training, mentoring, and tools for his/her... More

"Leasing Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Village Green part-time

Pros

I had an horrible experience no pros!

Cons

This management company is disorganized and unethical. I left after working there for a month. I wasn't given a desk nor a computer and the property manager quit in my second week. This I found out from an email saying her position was open. VG remained grossly understaffed. I also was never paid commission on three leases that I signed. No training! Very unsafe environment, tenants complained of bikes being stolen and cars being broken into. They are not a reputable management company!

Advice to Management

You need to care more about your employees!!!

Dec 12, 2018 – Talent Management Administrator

We are sorry to hear about your experience with VG. As part of the onboarding process for our new associates, we always strive to provide the proper training and tools for his/her position along with... More

10. "Manager in Training"

Pros

People friendly culture and industry-leading ambition

Cons

Pay does seem to meet effective cost of living