Village Green Reviews

Updated May 13, 2020

3.4
Village Green President/COO Diane Batayeh (no image)
Diane Batayeh
Pros
  • "Endless opportunities for promotion from within whether you are in sales or management(in 25 reviews)

• "I just celebrated my 10-year anniversary with VG(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance, lots of reporting(in 30 reviews)

• "They expect a lot from you but the upper management team never showed appreciation when you're making a lot of sales(in 24 reviews)

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Village Green full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is very supportive of employees. Nice bonuses, great associates to work with and opportunities in multiple states.

Cons

No cons, I truly loved working for Village Green.

Village Green2020-01-22

January 23, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the positive review! We are happy to hear your time with Village Green was positive. As Village Green acquires more properties and expands into new regions we hope you will continue to check villagegreen.com for new opportunities near you!

2. "Great company - low- to no work life balance"

4.0

I worked at Village Green full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

compensation was a major plus

Cons

there was no work life balance

Village Green2020-05-13

May 14, 2020Corporate Recruiter

We greatly appreciate the positive and constructive feedback. Work life balance is a large part of our "People First" mentality. We are constantly evolving to provide the positive work/life balance based on feedback from our current and former employees. We invite you to reach out to your previous Vice President with recommendations you are able to offer based on your years of experience with VG. If you wish you remain confidential, you may contact Christy Vernier, People Service Manager, at cvernier@villagegreen.com.

"Rude,tons of drama and upsetting. I had to deal with a disrespectful employee."

Former Employee - Sales and Leasing Consultant

I worked at Village Green full-time

Pros

None no breaks were given and staff wasn’t friendly.

Cons

Unprofessional employees and negative work atmosphere.

Village Green2020-05-14

May 18, 2020Corporate Recruiter

We are disappointed to hear you had a negative experience. Village Green strives for a positive, motivating and communicative work atmosphere. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience . Please reach out to our People Services Manager Christy Vernier at cvernier@villagegreen.com.

"RUN AWAY!"

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Village Green full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Trying to think of something.

Cons

Terrible leadership in place from area director to vice president. Company culture all around is very bad, changed markets and area directors and it got even worse. Vice president of marketing is rude.

Village Green2020-04-22

April 24, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Hello, we appreciate the time you have given to Village Green thus far and hope that we can help facilitate a positive resolution for you. We would like to speak with you directly to talk through any factors creating a negative experience for you. If you feel you cannot reach out to your Area Director or Vice President we would like to discuss with you privately. Please contact our People Services Manager, Christy Vernier, at cvernier@villagegreen.com.

5. "Decent company"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician

I have been working at Village Green full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of room for advancement, coworkers are family, tight knit group

Cons

Regional office is way too political. Too catty and they pick and choose favorites

Village Green2020-03-23

April 6, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Hello, we greatly appreciate the honest feedback . As mentioned in many of the daily GO Meeting messages, our associates on the front lines are very much appreciated for the diligent work it requires to maintain successful properties. If you do not feel you are receiving the needed support, we highly recommend discussing your concerns with your Property Manager, Area Director or Vice President. If you prefer the discussion to be confidential, you may reach out to Christy Vernier, People Services Manager, at cvernier@villagegreen.com. Let us assist with creating an even better experience for you!

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Village Green full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, compensation, room for growth, Vg conventions

Cons

Work life balance, lots of reporting

Village Green2020-03-06

March 9, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the positive review and feedback. Becoming a Sales Manager is a great accomplishment and takes dedication, consistency and hard work. Part of our "people first" mentality is ensuring our employees feel they have a great work life balance. We are constantly reevaluating our benefit package in order to offer our employees the best options. We would like to hear more feedback from your experience, please contact Christy Vernier, People Services Manager, at cvernier@villagegreen.com.

7. "Good opportunity to learn"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Village Green full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great job for starting out and gaining sales experience

Cons

Need to be in the inner circle in order to move up. Constantly needing to jump through hoops in order to please corporate

Village Green2020-03-05

March 9, 2020Corporate Recruiter

We are glad to hear your overall experience was a positive one however, if you would like to further discuss any policies and procedures that you felt could be adjusted or changed, we would like to hear from you. Please reach out to Christy Vernier, People Services Manager, at cvernier@villagegreen.com.

"Terrible managers and area directors"

I have been working at Village Green

Pros

That you have a job.

Cons

The manager is never there on a brand new lease up. Any time I asked for help or to be shown things she was on a call or doing a report. There is not time to train you.. The area director is very rude & expects you to know everything after being there 3 weeks (mind you the manager was there 1 of the 3 weeks) the week she was there I was in training that was 8 hours a day. I have never been attacked by a area director like I was. Not a good company. I’d rather work for greystar. They are rude and do not want to be there. They want people to run the office while they are out and about. Hands down one of the worst companies I’ve ever worked for. There is no work life balance.

Village Green2020-03-18

March 19, 2020Corporate Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback. Training and work life balance is one of the forefront focuses of Village Green. We do not take these notes lightly and would like the opportunity to speak with you further about your situation. We understand lease ups can be challenging as it demands initiative, high performance and honesty to uphold policies and procedures each day. Please contact our People Services Manager, Christy Vernier at cvernier@villagegreen.com to further discuss any of your concerns.

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at Village Green full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- The company has been expanding in various locations which provide the opportunity for internal candidates to be promoted. - There are several different development plans available to grow your career. This includes sales, service, operations, and management. - Compared to other management companies there are a lot of internal resources available to help with problem-solving, addressing issues, and the completion of daily tasks. This includes the IT department, payroll department, risk management, accounts payable, accounting and several other departments that work together with the site teams to provide the best service for owners, employees, and residents. - The CEO of the company is very personable, charismatic, and trustworthy. When Diane says she will take care of something she will make it happen. - Moving reimbursements are provided for internal transfers depending on what area you relocating to. - The company welcomes new ideas and has a program in place to filter, review, and implement them. - Benefits for the company include a 401k match with a Roth option as well as health benefits. - Discount programs for employees through our vendor relationships.

Cons

- It would be great if the company had tuition reimbursement options for students or internship opportunities directly correlated to students who are studying in the field of Hospitality Management or Real Estate. - 401k match is lower than the industry standard.

Village Green2019-12-30

January 6, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your positive review, we greatly appreciate all input and recommendations! We are constantly evaluating the wide array of benefits and perks Village Green offers. Your suggestions have been submitted and recognized by our benefits team.

"STAY AWAY - RUN! RUN FAR AWAY!"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Village Green full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with great people who unfortunately are taken advantage of by the ownership management and superior.

Cons

Zero work life balance, threats received with the security of your position. You'll be undervalued and you'll be taken advantage of anywhere they can the work an angle to gain an edge. Tred

Village Green2020-01-30

January 31, 2020Corporate Recruiter

Work life balance is of extreme importance to Village Green. Some positions do require weekend shifts and is discussed prior to employment. We would like to hear more information about your situation. Please reach out to Ryan Kirby, Vice President of the Midwest Region at rkirby@villagegreen.com.

Found 293 reviews