Village Green Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.1
Village Green President/COO Diane Batayeh (no image)
Diane Batayeh
Pros
  • "Promotion from within, not a tagline but a true core value(in 27 reviews)

• "Culture, compensation, room for growth, Vg conventions(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance, lots of reporting(in 30 reviews)

• "upper management allowed fellow employees to bully other employees and not do anything about it(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 21, 2021 - Regional Property Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career growth and development support

Cons

Strictly 3rd party manager and past CEO reputation

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad to hear you find the growth and support to be a positive in your career with VG. Please reach out to the People Services department if you have any additional recommendations.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

You can do better...

Feb 11, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and Sales development, structure

Cons

Honestly, VG sold me on their company when I was first interviewing. And at first, it wasn't that bad. I had worked in property management for a few years before and nothing had been as structured as VG. But the higher up in rank I became, the more my eyes were opened to the "Upper Management World." And believe me when I say, upper management is seriously in their own world. The gossip and things being said about me behind my back was unbearable. And I am a strong advocate for mental, physical, and emotional health, so I left VG. Tried bringing my concerns to upper management and they made me feel like I was inadequate to do my job. Oh, and don't bother talking to HR. They make you feel like you're being unreasonable and won't believe anything you try to tell them anyways (and here I thought HR was supposed to be unbiased?). Very disappointing experience.

3 people found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

Hello, we are disappointed to hear your experience was not positive and would like the opportunity to discuss your circumstances further. We have several different avenues of communication available to you and all associates to ensure you are comfortable disclosing any personal or private information if a problem arises. You may reach out directly to your VP, mentor, or any persons in the People Service's Department. We also offer confidential, free, external services for mental, physical, and emotional health if needed. An enjoyable and productive workplace is one of the key measures to our success and we would appreciate your recommendations to ensure the standard is being met throughout.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hard Work is DEFINITELY Rewarded

Feb 23, 2021 - Corporate Office Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for other companies where the lazy get promoted. Not at Village Green. They give you the tools and resources to be successful and your hard work pays off. The site associates are simply amazing- they are the ones who make VG what it is, us Corporate folk are just along for the ride and get to support them! When you are dedicated to your role, people take notice and help support you in your goals. Sure, there are some folks who leave the company (on their own or with a little help) that feel it necessary to make up low reviews, but they are not the majority- VG is a great place to work for a reason!!

Cons

I haven't found a single one yet.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your dedication and loyalty throughout the years! Our corporate office lends the support needed for the site teams to thrive, it is imperative to have passionate people, such as yourself, in those roles to help motivate. Thank you for the suggestion and if you have any additional recommendations please reach out to the People Services department.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great training

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid sales training/experience for those just breaking into the leasing industry.

Cons

Commission compensation isn't great. A lot of micro management.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

OK PLACE TO WORK IF YOU KNOW THE RIGHT PEOPLE

Apr 13, 2021 - Field Service Manager in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is decent, opportunity to transfer frequently offered and room for growth.

Cons

It's a lot of great things this company offers but if you're not in the " right social circles" within the company, you will never get those opportunities.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and your years of service to Village Green. We are happy to hear you liked the availability to move around and grow in your career with Village Green. We have been rapidly growing the Midwest region and expanding the opportunities for promotion, growth and movement more than ever before! Please reach out to Matt Guenther, Vice President of the Midwest Region, at MGuenther@villagegreen.com to discuss your specific situation further.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Mar 12, 2021 - Sales Manager in Southfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work for a company that makes you feel like part of a team. They have really changed since a certain owner sold out, and changed for the better. Very focused on the employee and making work fun and energetic. Promotion from within is huge.

Cons

Sometimes there can be slower seasons that make your commission slim. More work is put on the employee if you are placed at a struggling property.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thankful for your loyalty and are glad to see you think positively of the changes we have made throughout the years. We are constantly reevaluating and making changes to ensure our culture is prosperous and fun and gives our associates the opportunities and resources they deserve to be promoted. If you have any suggestions, you may reach out to the People Service Department.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best Property Management Company EVER!!!!

Mar 11, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work Like Balance -Value of Employees -Upper Management who cares -Competitive Pay -Great Bonuses -Good Work Environment Overall GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR> Other management companies should be trained by VG and their policies before they even are allowed to open to the public.

Cons

-Not a lot of diversity

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the five star review! We sincerely appreciate your dedication and time given to Village Green over the past 3+ years. We can feel the positive energy put into this review and we're sure it was likely brought to the sales floor each day! Please note that we take your feedback seriously and will also forward it to our Diversity and Inclusion Committee as well.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst place to work

Apr 27, 2021 - Maintenance Technician in Ann Arbor, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount on rent is nice 👍🏻

Cons

They beat you down until you are worthless then fire you

Corporate Recruiter

We would like the opportunity to discuss your specific situation, please contact Christy Vernier, Director of People Services at cvernier@villagegreen.com

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mislead by the Opportunity's Work/Life Balance

Apr 26, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can and will make good money if you apply yourself.

Cons

You will work long hours during the week and weekend.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you do not feel you have a positive work/life balance. Given the nature of the industry, that has been a large focus and initiative. We highly encourage you to reach out to your manager, AD , VP, mentor or confidentially to the People Services department. We can assist with a plan to ensure you are getting the balance you deserve! There are also several classes we can assist with enrolling you in to ensure you learn the best practices to save you time. Please reach out to Christy Vernier, Director of People Services, cvernier@villagegreen.com.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company that cares about its people, lots of upward mobility, and great training

Feb 13, 2021 - Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many paid holidays, mentorship programs, incredible training and support, opportunities for upward mobility and promotion from within

Cons

sometimes ownership groups don't give the sites the resources they need to reach their full potential/goals, but management does a great job of filling in any gaps and getting the site teams what they need to achieve success.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for the five star review! We are glad to hear you are getting what you need in order to be successful and grow. Recommendations from site are highly encouraged and though is may be disappointing when ownership does not implement the recommendation immediately, it creates a dialogue and opens the possibility for the future!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 339 Reviews