Village Green Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Diane Batayeh

Pros
Cons
  • work/life balance is difficult at times (in 13 reviews)

• Upper management trends to micromanage (in 17 reviews)

1. "Invested in their people"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Village Green full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard and always raise your hand it will be rewarded with opportunity to grow.

Cons

Nothing out of the norm, long hours and a difficult work-home balance.

Advice to Management

Since the changes of ownership within the company everything has been so much better.

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer many classes to learn and grow within the company. Promote from within mentality. You get a chance to interact with other associates from different properties which is nice. Progressive commission structure. Generous health and benefit package. It's exciting seeing the company grow!!

Cons

None that stand out to make it a real "Con"

Advice to Management

While the growth and the direction VG is going in great, let's make sure all the pieces are in place to be successful.

"Hard Work Pays Off!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Village Green for almost eight years. In this time the company rallied behind me, and shown the "We Care" philosophy that VG prides itself on is 100% true! Opportunities for promotion from within, and changing career avenues is available to those who work hard. The work life balance has vastly improved over the past few months! All the changes that have been happening over the last few months have been welcomed, and have been great!

Cons

What is expected, and required for promotion is not always clear for site level associates.

5. "Best Place I've Worked!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great opportunities to grow with the company
    - Excellent commission structure for the multi-family housing industry
    - Meticulous educational program and onboarding process
    -Your talents, effort, and hard work will get recognized but don't show effort just to get the praise do it because you love going above and beyond
    -There is an open door policy with not only your Area Directors but your Vice President as well, even our COO is extremely personable and kind.

Cons

-There could be a bit more camaraderie amongst the sales team, sometimes everyone gets caught up in their own property and can forget they they have other properties that can help out and support each other
    - work/life balance is difficult at times

Advice to Management

Would love to see more growth in the Chicago region and the Southern region.

6. "Oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Village Green provides all its associates a chance to grow and turn a job into a career. I have been here for 8 years and because I work hard and have a great attitude, I have had an opportunity to grow and make a difference.

Cons

None. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

Continue investing in, training and rewarding your people. You are the best company I have ever worked for and those are the reasons why I am happy to call Village Green my employer

7. "Good benefits, great training"

I worked at Village Green full-time

Pros

Great training, good benefits, lots of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Poor work/life balance and only reasonable pay

8. "Concierge"

I worked at Village Green full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, management was great

Cons

Have to work weekends, have to do a lot more than you should for little pay

9. "Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Village Green full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing training, awesome marketing team and materials. Beautiful properties with amazing amenities. Product is easy to sell!

Cons

The CEO at the time was a total jerk and it lowered my respect for the company. I didn't feel valued and didn't feel room for growth within my role. I interviewed for the "full time" position I applied for online, to find out at the end of the interview that it was just a "part time" position. Luckily they allowed me to work two part time roles at two different properties. The company looked solid when I begin my position, but throughout my time there I unfortunately saw many problems and unhappy coworkers. I hope this has changed with the new CEO.

Advice to Management

I believe there have now been changes with the organization and there is a new CEO. Im so glad! I would recommend compensating your employees better and continue to offer training and development programs. Believe in your sales consultants and show them you care.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Village Green full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, not bad salary, excellent commission structure, very approachable upper management people, very friendly environment, great co-workers. probably best place to work within property management industry.

Cons

little stressful when slower months but that will be anywhere you dealing with customers dependable environment. some places outdated and asset management making very difficult to spend any money from budget to update working place.

11. "Good Pay for Decent Job"

I have been working at Village Green full-time

Pros

For the industry, very good pay and commission structure.
    Ability to move up quickly, especially is you are willing to move.

Cons

The schedule is horrible when compared to other companies in the industry. Open until 7:30pm on Thursdays. Also a normal work day during the week is 9am-6pm which is an hour earlier and later than any other industry job I've had. Open on Sundays at virtually every site unless you're 100% leased out 60 days.
    Work/Life balance can also be an issue. There are times that necessary items are not completed before end of day which means it's typical you'll stay anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour past close to finish your work.

Advice to Management

Hours of Operation - While maintaining company standards is important, it is also important to realize that some things work for some sites and some things do not. At some sites being open on Sundays and late on Thursdays is when they receive the majority of their new prospects, whereas at others it's a waste of time and frustrating to the employees working them. It should be at site discretion based on traffic patterns if the site is within acceptable performance 30 days out.
    Understaffing - This is largely due to continually being understaffed which seems to be because upper management is not looking far enough ahead to anticipate the needs of the busy season/new acquisitions. Hiring a new employee in June(when the busy season is in full swing), when that employee will not be fully trained for 1-2 months is not helpful.
    There is more to this job than renting. I've watched multiple employees who can only rent apartments and have good repertoire with prospects rise while other employees finish their work with no reward or recognition. I've spoken to Sales Managers who've risen so quickly because they can close 7 rentals a week that they have to call and ask how to do basic paperwork or administrative tasks because they've never done them.