KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Vimeo Reviews

Updated Aug 30, 2021

Found 111 of over 130 reviews

4.0
Vimeo CEO Anjali Sud (no image)
Anjali Sud
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is taken very seriously(in 16 reviews)

• "A lot of great people, good benefits and growing fast, so lots of opportunity to create your own growth path(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "bit of a far walk from the subway(in 5 reviews)

• "managers change over and over again, opportunities for career growth are rare(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people & culture

Aug 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing mentorship from my manager, we are already talking about goals for next year and internal career growth. The team is super supportive and everyone has been so friendly so far. Really happy to be with this company!

Cons

In a period of fast growth so the culture seems to be shifting from a smaller start up to more mid-size/larger company in terms of company-wide team building initiatives, activities and presentations.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great people, great company!

Aug 19, 2021 - Sales Operations Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

High-growth SaaS environment with a great brand and focused on creators.

Cons

Still working out some kinks as a startup

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting, challenging, fulfilling work environment that takes care of its employees

Jul 29, 2021 - Enterprise Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the top-down, leadership at Vimeo is as sincere as it is ambitious. Culture in many fast-paced tech companies is contrived, forced fun in the form of ping pong tables, team happy hours, low wages, poor benefits and an empty stock option plan. Having lived that life 2x over before joining Vimeo, I have been impressed and delighted at every turn. Exciting, high-impact problems to tackle are paired with great pay and extensive employee benefits here.

Cons

Turning a well-known 16-year old video platform into an Enterprise SaaS company in just 4 years came with its fair share of growing pains, but the work is tremendously rewarding.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place To Work with Smart, Caring Leadership Team

Jul 21, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, fast paced industry Best in-class solution to sell (major investment into engineering team which has resulted in product innovation. I have been at Vimeo for 3 years and the amount of new products / features shipped in the past six months is night & day even compared to few years ago!) The sales management team is made up of industry vets, who understand the space, the challenges customers face and have the vision to continue to create products & services that clients need. Good work-life balance. Leadership truly cares about its employees. Have been in other sales cultures that were cut-throat and for lack of a better term, "churn and burns". It is NOT like that here. Room for career growth, every six months a handful of SDR's are promoted to AE. AE's also are promoted to Senior / Account Director's frequently. In addition multiple Sr. AE's who were promoted to first time managers this year. Bottom line: I've been in a few sales organizations in my career and this is highly desirable place to work. It is a hot job market but understand that I have a good thing going here & I'm excited for the future with Vimeo!

Cons

Office is great but it is a little difficult to get to on the west side by Chelsea Pier. Vimeo is a growing company with constant change. They are unafraid to mix processes up or try new things. I don't consider it to be a negative but for some it may be as it is not as structured as a large organization like Amazon, Oracle or Salesforce.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They try but not hard enough and very inconsistent

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think the company as a whole genuinely cares about employee satisfaction. They conduct surveys to get feedback on your satisfaction and opinion of the company and management team. The annual performance review gives you the opportunity to review your supervisors performance. They have performance reviews twice a year which is nice rather than just once a year. Some of the other perks include a hybrid work set up where you can wfh twice a week. Before the COVID pandemic they catered breakfast every morning.

Cons

I mentioned the pro being that the People team conducts satisfaction surveys to get feedback. The con of this in my opinion is that nothing ever materializes based on survey results. It’s nice that they do the survey but towards the end I started to ask why if nothing really comes of it.. Managers are allowed to treat their subordinates almost however they want. They are not allowed to discriminate based on race, sex or gender and all that other legal stuff but beyond that leaves a lot of room for them to treat you in unprofessional ways. Sure you could complain and go over their head to there manager or HR but I had serious doubts about whether that would actually improve the situation or just make it worse.. I think it just comes down to the luck of the draw. You either have a great manager that wants to work with you as a team and collaborate together or you don’t. My manager told me in exact words that they did not want to be bothered. I had very little opportunities to speak with management on how I was being treated. They were so busy with their own jobs, I could tell they didn’t care if I stayed or left Work life balance was really non existent. When Vimeo publicly announced the spin a lot of deadlines where pushed down on teams and everyone felt the pressure. I was working a lot of late nights trying to meet a deadline someone else set for the company. It was exhausting and lot of people were just unapproachable because everyone had so much work to do. They are trying to hire people which will help but I had a manager that didn’t care if I was working late every night. When I resigned there was little conversation about the contribution I made during the spin.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

“Transparency” is just a buzzword here

Jul 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are great. You’ll make friends and enjoy who you’re working with. - Good benefits & unlimited PTO - Depending on what team you’re on/your manager, work-life balance is a real priority

Cons

- Employees are no longer people here, just numbers. - Leadership repeatedly focuses on how transparent they will be and how open they are to honest feedback, but they don’t follow through on either. - There’s rarely a clear career path and opportunity for promotion due to constantly changing strategies and frequent team restructures - It seems like new hires are being well taken care of, but comp for some existing mid and entry level employees is bottom tier or below market value. - Speaking of pay, many salaries are based on general third party research rather than individual experience or real contributions. - Diversity and equity are spoken about a lot, but nothing is done to improve or ensure either. - Projects are slow moving because of unnecessarily lengthy approval processes for even the smallest things.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good until it's not

Jul 3, 2021 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

You'll make real friends here. Office space is the best. Good for entry-level role in sales.

Cons

Bad sales culture. Zero guidance on what it takes to perform, lack of opportunity to progress. Promotions are determined based on if upper management likes you and not actually hitting your quota. Low comp for SDRs and base pay does not match market value. No real guidelines for rules of engagement which leads to reps constantly fighting for opportunities and management seems to just make up rules as they go along. Most of the executive team are completely detached and deflect difficult questions.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company! lots of changes happening

Jun 15, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

great culture. young driven people

Cons

lots of changes happening within the company

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

amazing leadership team

May 24, 2021 - Head of Creative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The c-suite is incredibly smart, genuinely cares, and could not set a better tone for company culture.

Cons

The product sometimes does not live up to the promise

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fake culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous leave policy, if you feel comfortable taking it. Your colleagues will steal your pipeline whilst you're gone.

Cons

Gas lighting, bullying, and manipulation are commonly used practices to control junior reps You can get ahead by lying and cheating, and be rewarded for it Middle management are all white guy clones hired from competitors who add no value Heavily rely on younger talent who have little experience elsewhere and think this is all normal Inequity in pay and stock for employees (of equal level and performance) depending on favoritism and sexism

17 people found this review helpful