VinSolutions Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2021

4.4
VinSolutions VP of Operations Tracy Fred
Tracy Fred
Pros
  • "Great benefits, great pay, great environment(in 23 reviews)

• "VinSolutions provides a fun, competitive work environment where high performers are rewarded with high compensation(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Vin needs to be better about managing bad hires out of the organization(in 9 reviews)

• "Upper Management doesn't level with employees about uncomfortable changes in the pipeline(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work!

Jun 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, people, culture - the company cares about their people like no other!

Cons

None - it’s a great place to work!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Cox Automotive GREAT company VinSolutions falling quickly

May 17, 2021 - Implementation Project Manager in Mission, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not too many pro's currently. At one point this was a great place to work at and there are good benefits. The benefits is what keeps me here currently, but looking to leave.

Cons

The implementation department is rapidly falling apart. This started with the division of leadership in the department and it's like the leaders have been divided and have sides now. One side has horrible leadership when it comes to honesty, accountability, and transparency. That same side has created the division and focus on punishing people that know and understand their role. The focus should be on the customer, and not silly games and politics. The other side really cares about Cox and the customer and doing right. They just do not have the support from their counterparts in leadership. The turmoil must be in other departments as well as leaders in other areas are leaving as well. Not a good sign the company will continue to do well.

VP Ops Dealer Service and Support

Thank you for providing this review. Team Member feedback is very important to us as it allows us the opportunity to be the best we can be. I am disappointed to hear that you are not having satisfactory experience in your current position. This department has made some changes in the past few months in an effort to create a better experience for our team members and clients. We are focused on making sure our culture and team members work environment allows them to focus on our clients rather than on internal politics. You are spot on with your advice – when you keep the customer focus in the center of everything we do, we can’t lose. I, along with fellow leadership, have always focused on the importance to maintain open, honest and direct relationships with our teams. I encourage you to reach out to your leadership to determine the best path to move forward. I trust that we can work together on a solution.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Client Trainer II

May 17, 2021 - Client Trainer II
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, great people, very supportive company!

Cons

Upward mobility seems to be stagnate. More Diversity needed in Leadership Roles.

VP Ops Dealer Service and Support

Thank you for your five-star feedback! I really appreciate team members reaching out to let us know both where we are doing well and where there are opportunities for improvement. The fair and equal treatment of team members has always been a high priority across Cox Automotive. We have been hyper focused on our Diversity and Inclusion initiatives and part of this is aimed at insuring diversity of all roles across Cox. But we need everyone’s’ help and participation to proliferate diversity in leadership roles. This means that while we tackle this from a leadership perspective, we also lean on team members to let us know what their career interests are so we can develop them into the roles to which they aspire to be. I encourage you to reach out to your leadership to make sure they understand your career goals and they will help to guide you towards the upward mobility that you are seeking. Thanks again for your honest review.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good company

May 18, 2021 - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are generous and helpful

Cons

focus on social issues without room for dissent

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I agree that the benefits packages provided to us are above par. I have always appreciated the care and concern that Cox shows to all team members. It is important that we ensure all are informed about any issues that may affect our team members as well as our company as a whole. With that said, I like to think that all of our voices matter. We have always believed in being open, honest and direct while maintaining respect for all team members and their point of view regarding social issues. If at any time you feel uncomfortable or that you don’t have a voice, please bring your leader or any leader with whom you feel safe to share. We want to hear from you. Thanks again for the feedback!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place

May 12, 2021 - Salesperson in Kansas City, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loves their people, do everything yhey can tp promtoe from withib.

Cons

nothing has gone on to make me fell negative

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are very focused on wrapping our arms around team members and making sure they have room to grow. This is one of the reasons we started the biweekly newsletter, so team members have visibility to the opportunities that can help along their career path. We want everyone to feel fulfilled and gratified by their work. I'm glad to hear this is true for you!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 11, 2021 - Product Trainer II
      Business Outlook

Pros

They fulfill their side of the deal. You know what is expected of you, if you do a good job, they take care of you in return. Also, great spirit of teamwork in this place.

Cons

The new standards for promotion have become tediously laborious and overly rigid. It is pretty clear that upper management wanted to employ the same skill levels but pay less for it overall.

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Like you, I also appreciate the benefits and rewards Cox provides our Team Members, and I believe these are a reflection of the way the Cox family values our Team Members. Cox invests heavily in Team Member’s development and part of this is the work to ensure the path to promotion is clear, consistent and fair. One of the primary initiatives has been to establish Career Architecture, which does provide a structure/framework for the promotion process. I suppose you’re right that it is more rigid than how we have done things in the past, but the upside of this is there’s a clear path to promotion, which gives Team Members more control in understanding how to advance themselves along the path. Thank you again for your feedback and I wish you success with your future career ventures.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Awesome Company!

Feb 22, 2021 - Director of Sales in Mission, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, Great place, Great people!

Cons

Would like to get back in the office to see everyone

Vice President & General Manager

I love your positivity!! And I agree that we have all of those things here at VinSolutions! I love knowing that our Team Members remain optimistic, even with everything that has been thrown at us in the past year. Believe me, I want nothing more than to be back in the office enjoying the company of Team Members. As you know, Cox has all of our best interests at heart and will continue to follow the CDC guidelines – but I hope we get to see each other soon. Thank you for maintaining your outstanding positive outlook as we navigate these rough times.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

High Standards

Mar 11, 2021 - Performance Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good leadership team. They care about your growth and coaching their team members when needed. Work remotely and travel when needed to different parts of the country.

Cons

Training program at the time required you live and train in MO at Vin HQ for 8 weeks. No remote training at the time.

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your positive review. I have to agree that we have a top notch leadership team here at VinSolutions. In regards to our Performance Management training program, we do our best to set expectations around our extensive program during the interview process. Making sure our team members have the best training is critical to their success. Over the past year, we have challenged ourselves to be more virtual and recently we have pivoted to 100% virtual training.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

VinSolutions is a great Company to be apart of.

Jan 18, 2021 - Technical Client Service Representative II in Mission, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture, that I am thrilled to be a part of.

Cons

Like any job there can be stressful times, but management is typically very understanding and supportive when these occur.

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your review! I’m so glad that you enjoy the culture Cox and VinSolutions provides our team members. It is extremely important that team members feel valued and appreciated. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your thoughts!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People

Mar 29, 2021 - IT Specialist in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate people supporting an exceptional product

Cons

I really can't think of any

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review! We love our positive team members. I am so glad that you feel supported and are proud of the work you do!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 210 Reviews