KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Some departments have great management from Sr. Managers to Directors.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Managers don't have a clue what their doing.(in 9 reviews)
  • "It is pretty clear that upper management wanted to employ the same skill levels but pay less for it overall.(in 5 reviews)
  • "But no, we're all frantically trying to keep up with the ever changing processes, fickle and inexperienced leadership and the revolving door of employee churn.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Current management team seems to be in over their heads and frequently makes promises that can't be kept.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of VinSolutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Flexibility

Jun 15, 2022 - Performance Manager in Mission, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, work life balance, benefits

Cons

Consistently changing goals, lack of support

2. 5.0

Benefits and Salary

May 30, 2022 - Accounting Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provides excellent benefits and competitive salary

Cons

I have nothing negative to add

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your review and I must say that I agree with your sentiments. The focus Cox places on benefits and wages is unwavering. I’m so glad that was something you appreciated too. Thank you for the time you spent with us at VinSolutions!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Okay company, appreciated my peers.

Jun 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and opportunities to learn and develop new software.

Cons

Definitely a boys club mentality that drove the business; even with a woman leading it.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work but great rewards

May 26, 2022 - Performance Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Owned by Cox Automotive, Vin Solutions is just one of many companies under Cox. Great benefits, work life balance and training.

Cons

Can be a bit "Clicky" at times

VP Ops Dealer Service and Support

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that the benefits and culture that Cox provides our team members are top notch. It’s so important for team members to feel valued and I must say that Cox does a great job at this. The onboarding of our team members is important, and I am pleased to hear that you felt it was beneficial. I promote the importance of being sincere and direct in all positions under the Cox Automotive brand and we urge team members who are feeling to speak with leadership to develop solutions. Thank you again for your review and I wish you luck in your future positions!

5. 3.0

Overall Good Experience

Apr 22, 2022 - Sales in Kansas City, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Income & benefits, work/life balance

Cons

As is true in most larger companies, there are still "Good Old Boy" cliques that favor members of those groups with automatically depreciated regard for non members.

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for taking the time to use this outlet to provide your feedback on your time here at VinSolutions. I agree that Cox provides team members with the benefits and culture that make us feel valued and appreciated. Career growth is also an important piece of our work culture and it’s disappointing to learn you felt that you were not able to grow. I have always promoted the importance in team members feeling that they can be open, honest and direct in every way possible. We are only able to improve on places where we are lacking if we know specifically what these are. I strongly urge all team members who feel a disconnect to reach out to upper management to voice their concerns. Thanks again for the insight and I wish you the best of luck at your next endeavor.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Vinsolutions Performance Manager

Mar 10, 2022 - Performance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great Pay *Days Fly By *Love My Manager

Cons

*Workload is Extremely High *Hours are tough - sometimes do 10-11 hour days

VP Ops Dealer Service and Support

Thank you for your review. It is so important that team members feel that they are able to speak candidly to our leadership teams and I’m thankful you used this outlet to do so. First of all, thank you for your hard work and dedication to the team. I agree that the people here are top notch and one of the top reasons why I love working here too! Secondly, I strongly urge you to reach out to leadership to discuss and manage your workload. It is important that we are very intentional about maintaining a healthy work/life balance. The leadership teams have developed tips for work/life balance, such as adding no meeting zones to your calendar, taking sufficient breaks away from your computer during the day, create and accept only purposeful meetings with clear cut agendas, etc. We are also fortunate that Cox has outstanding Health & Wellness benefits that you can take advantage of, including resources for meditation and sleep, fitness and nutrition, family care, and even financial health. We want to do the best for our clients and that is only possibly when we are completely refreshed and energized. Please let us know if you have other ideas or tips on how to make this possible for you. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this helpful feedback.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unlimited Opportunity and support to employees and partners.

Jan 31, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager in Mission, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from the car dealership I was told by my owner that a perfect work-life balance doesn't exist. "Not True" VinSolutions provides an amazing income and the time to enjoy it with the fruits of my labor with my family.

Cons

Nothing yet. The only way to fail or lose your job is to be lazy. So don't be lazy and they will treat you like gold. :)

VP Ops Dealer Service and Support

Thank you for your feedback. The work/life balance aspect has been a difficult task to maintain through the pandemic. Cox has strived to provide the best avenues for team members to adapt to our new way of working, such as resources for health and wellness, mental health tips, no meeting zones on calendars, Flex Forward, and much more! Thank you for acknowledging that the system we have put into place is working for our team members. I am disappointed to learn that you do not feel you are receiving adequate one on one’s with your management team. I have always felt that maintaining open, honest, and direct relationships between leadership and team members is incredibly important. If you are not receiving the help that you need from your direct leadership teams, I urge you to move up the ladder of leadership to get assistance that you need. Please feel free to contact me if you need help. Thank you again for your honest review!

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Going down hi

Dec 2, 2021 - IT Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams, New technologies, Freedom to architect platforms

Cons

Lack of direction from leadership Poor focus on customers

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and I am sorry to hear your opinions of leadership and customer focus. Both of these are paramount to me, and I would love to better understand the context for the comments and more specifics around the problems to solve. I invite you to contact me directly at tracy.fred@coxautoinc.com, as I would love to better understand and to help!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

My Experience at Cox

Oct 26, 2021 - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great company to work for in my experience

Cons

As a company, a bit too liberal in my opinion

Vice President & General Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you are happy with your career here at VinSolutions. Cox is dedicated to our vision of “Empowering People Today to Build a Better Future for the Next Generation” and Cox leadership makes decisions for the company, keeping this goal in mind. Cox also supports the thoughts and ideas of our team members and welcomes open and honest discussions on what you feel can be done better. Thank you again for taking time to provide your five-star review!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love this company!

Oct 19, 2021 - Performance Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love working for this place- they care for you as an employee and give you room to grow!

Cons

Normal things that any software company faces

VP Ops Dealer Service and Support

Thank you for taking time to provide such a positive review. I am delighted to learn that you love working here. I agree that Cox does an amazing job at taking care of team members and they provide great tools to allow for growth. Thank you for your dedication and I look forward to you continuing your career here!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 229 Reviews

VinSolutions Reviews FAQs

VinSolutions has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 239 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at VinSolutions to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, VinSolutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at VinSolutions. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

89% of VinSolutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated VinSolutions 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at VinSolutions to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with VinSolutions Job Seekers