VinSolutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
VinSolutions Vice President & General Manager Lori Wittman
Lori Wittman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • NOT a publicly traded company (private ownership Cox Automotive) (in 12 reviews)

• The environment is very laid back in the office without a strict dress code and everyone is allowed and encouraged to be themselves within reason (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Stingy than they pretend about work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Cox Automotive has so many companies that it re-aligns and changes things often (in 6 reviews)

1. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Consultant in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Product Consultant in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is absolutely amazing! The feel of a close-knit startup, with the backing of a multi-billion dollar corporation. The culture is incredible. They're continually rewarding hard-work & making sure to clear paths for those who truly want to excel & grow.

I feel proud to know that I'm actually selling a product that I whole-heartedly believe in. We take incredible care of our dealers & make sure to live by a totally transparent, customer-centric business model. Our commitment to partner with our dealers for success isn't just hyperbole, it's genuine. We care & our company's growth has proven so.

I honestly cannot see myself at any other company in this industry - If I was to leave VinSolutions/CoxAutomotive, I would leave the Automotive Industry because I couldn't stand working for anyone other than the best.

I'm Vin for life.

Cons

We need more space for parking!

We are hiring too fast to keep up (but that's not really a con) :)

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your staff & setting the standard for high quality performance. One benefit would be a regular "round-table" with sub-management level associates to really discuss the issues/concerns/enhancements/insight that those who are interacting w/our dealers daily in the trenches, can communicate. A lot gets lost in between the levels of hierarchy - direct communication is much more efficient in solving problems.

2. "New technologies, great team culture, speaking out is rewarded"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- All new front-end code is written in React
    - All new applications are deployed to AWS when possible, and no cloud technology is off limits
    - Engineering leadership is friendly and accessible, you can chat with the VP of engineering about your latest project and he'll share his
    - Individual teams build, deploy, and own applications through production, so you have access to the whole application development lifecycle
    - Tons of smart people, there's always someone who can help solve hard problems
    - Agile environment, each team has a product owner
    - People listen when you speak up, anyone can change company practices if something isn't working
    - Fun environment, money is provided to each team every quarter for a team outing, you don't have to hide YouTube videos from your boss, I've made great friends

Cons

- As with all engineering organizations, priorities have a tendency to shift frequently; affects some teams more than others
    - I had to negotiate hard for my salary; I got it, but I know I'm not the only one who had to fight for an above-average salary who was doing above-average work

Advice to Management

- Continue investing in your people

3. "Nice company"

Pros

This place has a good work atmosphere

Cons

Just like anything in life, it is what you make it

4. "Performance manager"

Current Employee - Performance Manager
    Current Employee - Performance Manager

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The life style and indenpence and opportunities to work with the retrial and not being in retail

Cons

Remote work environment and travel

Advice to Management

Design areas of distribution for a more defective travel and engagement process
    Give accounts to reps that live in a closer proximity.

5. "I don't see myself leaving anytime soon"

Current Employee - Lead Desk Technician in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Lead Desk Technician in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with VinSolutions for about 4 years now and I can say that as long as you have passion, drive, and can identify your goals you will do great here. If you struggle identifying goals they will help you learn. The company has a great training team, amazing benefits, and decent compensation packages.

Cons

The goal of VinSolutions and Cox Automotive is to change the car buying experience and make it better. That translates to a lot of change that needs to be implemented immediately and often all at once. I think this type of behavior goes hand-in-hand with the industry we Support, but if you are not a fan of change and evolution this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

The last few years have allowed employees to see that our leaders are not just listening to what our clients want out of our product, but also what our Team Members want out of their careers. Keep listening to both sides, it makes a difference and we appreciate it.

Apr 30, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thank you for the feedback! As you said in your review, we are listening to what you and other Team Members want out of your careers. Please keep the communication flowing. Our success depends on... More

6. "Love this company!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Client Service Representative in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring leadership
    Leader in the industry
    Supportive colleagues
    Excellent benefits
    Great pay
    Fun place to work

Cons

I honestly have none. We have regular surveys and management actively works to resolve issues that are brought to their attention.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing. It is greatly appreciated!!

Apr 30, 2018 – SVP and GM

I love the positive feedback. I am happy to hear you’re experiencing firsthand the value we place on our team members. Best of luck to you as you continue to build your career here!

7. "Support"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, training, hours, pay and people.

Cons

There are growing pains

Apr 17, 2018 – SVP and GM

Thanks for positive feedback. We are very proud of our culture and record growth over the past few years. I’m glad you are enjoying the many perks of our company. We have an incredibly talented... More

8. "Support"

I worked at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

2 certifications to increase pay each time
    Game room
    Easy to get along with coworkers

Cons

Seem to hand out a lot of corrective actions that stop people from getting certifications and applying for other jobs

Management makes bad decisions that makes work stressful

Systems go down and drives up call volume of angry customers to often

Management asks for feed back but doesnt seem to do much with it and just do what they want anyway

Alot of turnover from people being fired or people leaving so they dont get fired or leave because it isnt what its made out to be. There are some that leave for other departments.

Seems alot of the hoops we are required to jump through on calls are unecessary and irritate customers. Other companys out there do it so why shouldnt we. Lower moral so the call center can have some of the best stats around.

Apr 17, 2018 – Associate VP of Operations

Thanks for your feedback. We are very proud of our amenities and development opportunities that we provide our team members. In order to maintain our 90% customer satisfaction targets which ensure... More

9. "Support is over-worked, but paid well."

Former Employee - Certified Technician
    Former Employee - Certified Technician

I worked at VinSolutions (More than a year)

Pros

They pay pretty well, and train well. benefits are awesome.

Cons

Tech support is somewhat the red-headed stepchildren of the company. There is always a backlog, & it's non-stop. If you want to move up, start from a department other than support, because although your expertise is respected, & appreciated throughout the company, support management doesn't like to lose their good employees. So this hinders upward mobility.

Apr 17, 2018 – Associate VP of Operations

Thanks for the 4 stars. I’m glad you enjoyed many of our wonderful company perks while working here. We have had some challenges that impacted number of support calls, but we are investing... More

10. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Sales in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Sales in Mission, KS

I have been working at VinSolutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, culture is friendly

Cons

I have not experienced any extreme cons worth mentioning

Advice to Management

Pay could be better

Jan 3, 2018 – SVP and GM

I love the positive feedback. Thank you for your contribution to our record setting sales team!