Found 335 of over 337 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Virgin America
Got a burning question about Virgin America? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Virgin America employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great for people who love to travel or love airlines and live in the Bay Area." (in 31 reviews)
- "flight benefits are great and hotel discounts are awesome BUT..." (in 28 reviews)
- "Flight benefits are great especially if you work as GST" (in 25 reviews)
- "Its a different culture here which will, unfortunately, eventually die but great while it lasts..Easy job, good $$!" (in 17 reviews)
- "You get to constantly travel and get great travel benefits." (in 15 reviews)
- "low pay ($14.47) for an overload of work and constant yelling from guests" (in 33 reviews)
- "Also management tends to delegate bigger responsibilities to favored employees." (in 21 reviews)
- "Favoritism is big time here." (in 14 reviews)
- "No Work/Life Balance" (in 7 reviews)
- "Managers are able to apply any kind of punishment they feel necessary." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Virgin America and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Nov 29, 2021Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 8 years
Best Company to work for, I never had a bad experience, I looked forward to going to work every day and I knew that my work family was behind me 100% for any situation that came up.
Towards the end, those of us who were able to stick around until the full acquisition took place, was like watching your best friend leave you forever. Every day, more people had left, and what remained was just a skeleton of a company that had been the best in the industry.1
Virgin America Reviews FAQs
Virgin America has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 337 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Virgin America to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
72% of Virgin America employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Virgin America 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.