Virgin Atlantic Airways Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Virgin Atlantic Airways Chief Executive Officer Craig Kreeger
Craig Kreeger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • And the travel benefits are unmatched (in 14 reviews)

• Fun spirit of company; Opportunity for career development; Great CEO; Brilliant Flight benefits; profit sharing; (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • I decided to leave Virgin Atlantic for many reasons, but mostly because I felt undervalued and ignored by cabin crew management (in 7 reviews)

• Senior cabin crew role made redundant, made to take a pay drop of nearly (in 5 reviews)

1. "supervisor"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Newark, NJ

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

forward thinking contemporary style of operation and customer service combined with successful formula for innovation and growth.

Cons

Cons, At the time of my employment, would have been not enough airplanes and routes.

Advice to Management

Currently, Keep doing what your doing.

Sep 2, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for posting your review. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your role with Virgin Atlantic!

2. "Long interviews"

Pros

flight benifits and team work

Cons

No room for advancements in company

3. "Great company to be at!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flying benefits, Medical insurance, 401K, Virgin Atlantic Staff

Cons

Richard's values are disappearing which is a shame

4. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allows you to take new responsibilities and grow as a professional.

Cons

Pay. Location. A small number of people in the leadership.

Advice to Management

Continue to be clear about why the company exists. Foster collaboration between US employees and the rest of the world. Lookout for the little guys.

Feb 21, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your review, it is great to hear that you recommend Virgin Atlantic.

We value the role that all of our employees play in making Virgin Atlantic a fantastic place to work, and... More

"sales rep"

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time

Pros

flights are great and holiday booking are the 2 things that are good for working here. . . . .

Cons

hard to move up here unless you fit the fake in crowd and certain management are happy to single you out and give you a hard time. working schedules are crap unless you are a fake brown noser!!
    crap pay for the amount you make them

Advice to Management

care more for the real people in your company and give them respect!! then you wont see a high turn over of staff

Mar 10, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your review.

Employee engagement is very important to us at Virgin Atlantic and we are committed to supporting all employees with development opportunities, so we are... More

"Staff Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits and paid time off were amazing. 401k was competitive and health benefits were good. I loved my teammates and the office culture.

Cons

No clear path to advancement. Managers are poor at rewarding, recognizing and nurturing talent. I felt that my efforts outside of my job description were taken for granted

Advice to Management

Value your employee's skill set and evaluate them at the appropriate level. The benefits made working there worthwhile. However, the lack of promotion possibility made it hard to stay

"Business Support Coordinator"

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time

Pros

Virgin Atlantic offers great staff benefits, that make up for the lack of salary that some of the positions pay.

Cons

The company is constantly changing and it's uncertain where you fit in with the company. A lot of staff get made redundant constantly.

"Cargo Sales"

I worked at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time

Pros

Some good talent at mid mid level management. Airline benifits and opportunbity to travel time permitting. Resonable Benifit package. Had a good customer reputation based on strong Marketing and as Richard Branson owned company.

Cons

No Support . Company is lacking good leadership from VP level on up and is in decline. Buisness has become very 1 demensional with exceptional expections being demanded from senior management that has no real clue of the market dynamics driving their business. UK based cororate team is too far removed to properly understand the dynamics of the Americas. They are in the midst of a Joint venture with Delta and it seems this direction will impact those working for Virgin. Company cutbacks are never ending over the past 3-4 years and the company to save money is down to bear bones. Workload and demand on existing staff is ignored. They are starting to losing credability with their customer base.

Advice to Management

Need to properly recognize reward and motivate those that are making the company work.
    At present that is severly lacking. Goals and expections are not realistic and poorly communicated and need to be a point of focus.

Feb 5, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear that you have a negative outlook of Virgin Atlantic but we appreciate your feedback and will ensure that this is shared.
    We are in the midst... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent travel benefits, flexible working schedule for Sales, and offers lots of vacation/personal/sick time off.

Cons

Inconsistent managers and styles of management. The company is a serious transitional period and there are many challenges internally. Additionally, there feels to be favoritism at play in certain departments/roles. Salaries are not industry competitive

Advice to Management

open and honest communication are key to helping boost morale as is following through with laid out plans, ie. incentive schemes.

Jan 14, 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
    We are sorry to see that you have a negative outlook but we are pleased that you find the benefits of working for Virgin Atlantic rewarding.
    As... More

"Not a bad place to work but some employees need a reality check"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Virgin Atlantic Airways full-time

Pros

Flight benefits, good work-life balance and recognizable brand. Pay is fair for the area, Norwalk, but some employees love to complain their salaries are too low just because they obviously live way beyond their means. I feel for the ground staff but there are a few vocal HQ employees who think they're entitled to big bucks just for sitting around trying to look cute during 9 to 5, all the while dangling their LV in everyone's faces. The pay is fair for those who don't pretend they're living in Greenwich. Outside of this group, coworkers are largely wonderful.

Cons

Potentially too much travel for those who have families. A few bratty people, as I mentioned above... problem is VS can be a dumping ground for bad personalities and untalented workers simply because once they get in the door, they stay for many many years because they can't find anything better. This is not the majority but it is more prevalent in certain teams.

Advice to Management

Please focus on hiring talent and rewarding talent - not just bringing in a constant flow of cheap labor.